• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

St. James: Wings have inquired about Rick Nash

Rate this topic

Just wait till he turns 30 then howson has to rush to move his aging player. Nash is 28 already! Not a young talent anymore. He also is just a star winger not a franchise dman or center. Howson is like a spoiled kid that wont take no for an answer and cant see reason. I dont care if we dont get him but the fact that nobody does is ridiculous especially considering nash wants out.

Just wait till he turns 30 then howson has to rush to move his aging player. Nash is 28 already! Not a young talent anymore. He also is just a star winger not a franchise dman or center. Howson is like a spoiled kid that wont take no for an answer and cant see reason. I dont care if we dont get him but the fact that nobody does is ridiculous especially considering nash wants out.

If I were Howson, I'd be making sure I get a deal done for Nash before he leaves as a UFA. I don't think he has any leverage now because everyone knows Nash will leave if given the chance and GMs are now taking time to breathe after the Suter/Parise drama. I don't want the Wings to give what he's asking. If he were willing to take Franzen and a prospect, I'd jump at it but not the crazy haul he's supposedly asking for which I think is hurting his ability to move him.

I saw an idea posted on TSN....What about trading straight up for Bobby Ryan right now? Ducks aren't probably on his list but he would be reunited with Perry & Getzlaf Team Canada line. That would b one of the top lines in hockey and Howson would have a young stud.....but he probably wouldn't want to be there like many players. It would also piss a bunch of GMs off who are trying to get either player.

To be honnest, I was surprised as hell to see Nash signing that big contract a couple of years back. I mean how can anyone make a commitment that long to the Blue Jackets. He should of sticked with a 3 year deal to see where the team is going at least he would of had an escape. Now if nobody wants to pay up to get him, his stuck in his blue jacket.

To be honnest, I was surprised as hell to see Nash signing that big contract a couple of years back. I mean how can anyone make a commitment that long to the Blue Jackets. He should of sticked with a 3 year deal to see where the team is going at least he would of had an escape. Now if nobody wants to pay up to get him, his stuck in his blue jacket.

This. A million times this.

Never understood it. Basically said "The team sucks, but I'm in it for the long haul", two years later "eff this". He could have gone ANYWHERE, and gotten the same money. He embraced it, then gave up. Don't blame him for wanting out, but don't sign for long-term with an unstable franchise which you know to be completely unstable.

If I were Howson, I'd be making sure I get a deal done for Nash before he leaves as a UFA. I don't think he has any leverage now because everyone knows Nash will leave if given the chance and GMs are now taking time to breathe after the Suter/Parise drama. I don't want the Wings to give what he's asking. If he were willing to take Franzen and a prospect, I'd jump at it but not the crazy haul he's supposedly asking for which I think is hurting his ability to move him.

I saw an idea posted on TSN....What about trading straight up for Bobby Ryan right now? Ducks aren't probably on his list but he would be reunited with Perry & Getzlaf Team Canada line. That would b one of the top lines in hockey and Howson would have a young stud.....but he probably wouldn't want to be there like many players. It would also piss a bunch of GMs off who are trying to get either player.

I doubt Howson will still be around when Nash becomes a UFA in the 2018-2019 season.

We can never be sure what's going on in a player's head when they make these decisions & Nash isn't the only one. I deeply respect loyalty, but if the company I worked for wasn't going to help me reach my personal goals and another company was, I'd really have a hard time staying. I really questioned Barry Sanders when re-upped with the Lions. I want the Lions to do well but it was a shame to waste that talent. It would have been amazing to see what he could have done on a contender.

To be honnest, I was surprised as hell to see Parise and Suter signing that big contract a couple of years back. I mean how can anyone make a commitment that long to the Wild. They should of sticked with a 3 year deal to see where the team is going at least he would of had an escape. Now if nobody wants to pay up to get them, they are stuck in Minnesota.

Post from the future. :tounge:

Edited by xtrememachine1

I came back to the forums today and thought the title of this thread had been changed to the red wings have ACQUIRED Rick Nash and my heart about dropped out of my ass. Then I was so discombobulated that I posted in the wrong thread, and now I just want to take a nap. I hate the offseason...

Update:

TSN is reporting that according to the Columbus Dispatch (newspaper), Nash has shortened his list to 6 teams. Bruins, Wings, Flyers, Sharks, Pens, Rangers.

No canadian teams in the mix was their main point.

He's shortening his list???? If he really wants to be traded that list should be 29 teams long.

Its like he's trying to find a back door back onto the Blue Jackets opening night roster.