• Please log in to reply
214 replies to this topic

#41 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:11 PM

You don't think the team he plays for has something to do with that.

Exactly. Look back on when Nash has played the Wings. With the terrible line-mates he is always with always still manages to score against he Wings quite a fair bit even with Datsyuk or Zetterbergs line and Lidstrom against him. just think what he could do playing with Pavel.

#42 JasonNewEra

JasonNewEra

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:26 PM

I ain't holding my breath but it would be EPIC.

12412215175_9591987538_o.jpg

#43 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:36 PM

He wouldn't exactally be a concelation prize if we couldn't get Parise or Suter but if he could come in and make a positive impact and the deal was right I'd be on board. However, I'm with most of you who say that we'd have to give up way to much for him so I hope we can make a big splash in Free Agency and get the right people with $$$ and not have to make to many trades.

#44 YougotDatsyuked

YougotDatsyuked

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:40 PM

I don't think we will see a trade this early. Holland will fill the holes via free agency and at the deadline in the winter if needed. It is to early for trades IMO unless it is a slam dunk deal like 7 draft picks for 1.

#45 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:50 PM

Columbus said earlier today that they WOULD trade within the Central if the price was right....I wonder what that price would be?

Nash would be great here! We got plenty of cap space, plus whatever space we'd gain after the trade! Trade for Nash, Sign Parise and Suter, then round out the roster with lower level salaries.....Wonder if Garrison will cost less than Quincey? I sure do like Meuller as well... Wonder how the payroll would look with Parise/Nash/Semin/Suter/Garrison/Meuller on it? blue adams you out there? All depends on who we would have to give up for Nash too....sure wish they'd take Frazen off our hands, but I have a feeling it would start with Filppula...

Edited by LeftWinger, 29 June 2012 - 04:51 PM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#46 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:07 PM

Columbus said earlier today that they WOULD trade within the Central if the price was right....I wonder what that price would be?

Nash would be great here! We got plenty of cap space, plus whatever space we'd gain after the trade! Trade for Nash, Sign Parise and Suter, then round out the roster with lower level salaries.....Wonder if Garrison will cost less than Quincey? I sure do like Meuller as well... Wonder how the payroll would look with Parise/Nash/Semin/Suter/Garrison/Meuller on it? blue adams you out there? All depends on who we would have to give up for Nash too....sure wish they'd take Frazen off our hands, but I have a feeling it would start with Filppula...

Any rational GM would need Flip as the center piece of any trade with the Wings. Therefore, Scott Howson would obviously want Franzen.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#47 YougotDatsyuked

YougotDatsyuked

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:13 PM

Any rational GM would need Flip as the center piece of any trade with the Wings. Therefore, Scott Howson would obviously want Franzen.

Perfect!

#48 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:31 PM

Now that I think about this I'd trade either Franzen or Filppula in some kind of package for Nash, then sign the best available winger in free agency and go with that. Also, I really don't think it's that unrealistic to think that Columbus would bite on a Franzen trade. You've giving up a lot of goals in Nash and would definitely want some coming back the other way. Franzen is going to consistently give you 25-30 goals and his cap hit is super reasonable. With the right package I think you could land Nash for that, but for whatever reason the Wings have some misplaced committment to Franzen that they won't get past.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#49 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:35 PM

Trade for Nash, sign Semin/Mueller/Prust/Suter/Garrison....game on!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#50 Wings4Life19

Wings4Life19

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:47 PM

What about trading Franzen, Filppula, and a pick(depends on the pick) for Nash? Cap wise both teams would be pretty close to what they are now, so the Wings could get Nash, Parise, and Suter while giving up Mule and Flip. Not saying CBJ would want those two nor am I sold on the idea of doing this but if Kenny feels like he needs to shake up the team, somewhat like LA & Philly has, why not consider this?

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Rick Nash ($7.800m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Zach Parise ($7.500m)
Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Damien Brunner ($0.850m)
Danny Cleary ($2.800m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)
Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.750m) / Drew Miller ($0.838m)
Jan Mursak ($0.550m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) /
(NaN) /
DEFENSEMEN
Ryan Suter ($7.500m) / Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m)
Ian White ($2.875m) / Kyle Quincey ($3.500m)
Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)
Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)
Joey MacDonald ($0.550m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $68,112,500; BONUSES: $37,500
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $2,087,500

Edited by Wings4Life19, 29 June 2012 - 07:48 PM.

#51 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:10 PM

What about trading Franzen, Filppula, and a pick(depends on the pick) for Nash? Cap wise both teams would be pretty close to what they are now, so the Wings could get Nash, Parise, and Suter while giving up Mule and Flip. Not saying CBJ would want those two nor am I sold on the idea of doing this but if Kenny feels like he needs to shake up the team, somewhat like LA & Philly has, why not consider this?

That's probably what it would take, but I'm not sure if giving up both Franzen and Flip is a good idea. Remember, we're likely losing Hudler, so if we lose Franzen there go our two top scorers. Nash and Parise are great an all, but goal-wise we'd probably be pretty similar, not improved. What we would see would be an increase in dirty goals and hard work, which is nice, but...

I say give up Flip and plug in a scoring winger. Lazy as he is, I still like Franzen and think he will have a rebound year in 2012-13. I'd rather have something like Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Nash, Parise and Franzen than the same core without him, you know? If at all possible I want Holland to make this team absolutely top-heavy. I want to see the Wings dominate and have one of their "destined to win it all" years, especially since we wouldn't be mortgaging our future.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#52 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:35 PM

Now that I think about this I'd trade either Franzen or Filppula in some kind of package for Nash, then sign the best available winger in free agency and go with that. Also, I really don't think it's that unrealistic to think that Columbus would bite on a Franzen trade. You've giving up a lot of goals in Nash and would definitely want some coming back the other way. Franzen is going to consistently give you 25-30 goals and his cap hit is super reasonable. With the right package I think you could land Nash for that, but for whatever reason the Wings have some misplaced committment to Franzen that they won't get past.

think it has something to do with Frazen being Swedish? Take it now if Holmstrom retires we go down another Swedish dude. Nyquist though is Swedish so he makes up for Nick or Homer if he makes the roster. For Swedes then we have, Hank, Franzen, Kronners, Big E and Nyquist.

But on regards to Nash thinking Nash could be a plan C or something for Holland but I doubt it. :P

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing), 29 June 2012 - 09:36 PM.

#53 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:56 PM

Darren Dreger reporting on Twitter that Carolina, Detroit, and Rags are in on a Rick Nash trade.

#54 xBflinker

xBflinker

Prospect

• 44 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:57 PM

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger
Carolina and Detroit are in a strong competition with New York Rangers for Rick Nash. Nothing imminent. Canes said to be pushing hard.

#55 Ekmanc

Ekmanc

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:57 PM

Exactly. Look back on when Nash has played the Wings. With the terrible line-mates he is always with always still manages to score against he Wings quite a fair bit even with Datsyuk or Zetterbergs line and Lidstrom against him. just think what he could do playing with Pavel.

It's an intriguing thought I must admit...

#56 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:00 PM

I don't want that cap hit. 7.8 is absurd. I don't want anyone at 7.8 right now. Plus I can't see us giving up a center and a defenseman and we don't have the goalie they want...
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#57 Ozzie30

Ozzie30

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:05 PM

Don't want Nash, but Franzen, Nyquist, pick, adman not named Smith and pick might do it. Hopefully if it flys, we hold on to flip.
RIP #24

#58 YMHC

YMHC

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:10 PM

Larry Brooks NYP_Brooksie

@

Told that Red Wing offer for Nash is not competitive...Carolina, Ottawa, Philly not on 61's list. 9:58pm - 1 jul 12
Posted Image

#59 fixxxer

fixxxer

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:11 PM

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Rick Nash ($7.800m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Zach Parise ($7.500m)
Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Damien Brunner ($0.850m)
Danny Cleary ($2.800m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)
Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.750m) / Drew Miller ($0.838m)
Jan Mursak ($0.550m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) /
(NaN) /
DEFENSEMEN
Ryan Suter ($7.500m) / Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m)
Ian White ($2.875m) / Kyle Quincey ($3.500m)
Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)
Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)
Joey MacDonald ($0.550m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $68,112,500; BONUSES: $37,500
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $2,087,500

/drool talkin about pipedream lol

#60 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:13 PM

Larry Brooks NYP_Brooksie
@
Told that Red Wing offer for Nash is not competitive...Carolina, Ottawa, Philly not on 61's list. 9:58pm - 1 jul 12

Good ... don't want.