• Please log in to reply
214 replies to this topic

#81 Number19

Number19

I like our team

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:14 AM

would love to have him but I don't see Columbus throwing out all logic and trading him to their division rival. then again it is Columbus. if it happens I hope we don't give up too much for him.

Edited by Number19, 02 July 2012 - 03:14 AM.

#82 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:48 PM

It's about making the team better... Division rival stuff is BS. If the trade makes sense they make the trade

#83 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:43 AM

Franzen, Flip, Kindl and the pick for Nash...
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#84 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:29 AM

Wouldn't send 2 starters for Nash ... specially 2 top 2 line players for him. One of them and 2 prospects add in a draft pick and get this guy in the winged wheel.

#85 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:50 PM

Good God, no. I don't want him, we don't need him...he's got more baggage than FedEx at Christmas time. He can stay where he is...he and Columbus deserve each other.
Posted Image

#86 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:52 PM

Wouldn't send 2 starters for Nash ... specially 2 top 2 line players for him. One of them and 2 prospects add in a draft pick and get this guy in the winged wheel.

Based on the offer they reportedly turned down from NY, that wouldn't be NEARLY enough. And that's ignoring the fact that we're also a team in the same division. The cost would be astronomical.

#87 cupforwings

cupforwings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:22 PM

This is exactly what my brother and I were talking about today. Nash is a much better winger than Filpula and Franzen. This would be good only if we signed Semin as well. Imagine Semin with Datsyuk and Nash with Zetterberg. I love Flip but Nash is a better winger by far.

Good God, no. I don't want him, we don't need him...he's got more baggage than FedEx at Christmas time. He can stay where he is...he and Columbus deserve each other.

Why do you not want him? And yes, we could use him ha

Not a chance on earth would I make that deal.

Filppula put up more pts than Nash on his own last season, in fewer minutes, while Franzen put up only 3 fewer than Nash.

Yet somehow Nash gets paid more than both of them combined.

I wouldn't trade Filppula for Nash straight up.

Not to mean, but that is stupid ha

#88 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:24 PM

Based on the offer they reportedly turned down from NY, that wouldn't be NEARLY enough. And that's ignoring the fact that we're also a team in the same division. The cost would be astronomical.

I mean, what happens if they don't find a sucker to give up astronomical assets? They are going to have to cave in and take the best offer. Otherwise they're going to have a captain who hates playing for his team.

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#89 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:25 PM

Questions:
1) Would the price be higher for Ryan or Nash?
2) Consider Ryan can play centre, does this make fil more expendable?

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#90 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:49 PM

I think I'm gonna start pulling stuff straight from my ass, and posting it under my own rating system as insider info... Here goes, this is my inaugural post, enjoy

From a credible source, I have it on good authority that a major 3 team deal is in the works and could occur in the next two days:
To NYR:
Joe Thornton and Patrick Marleau

To Nashville:
Ryan McDonagh, Carl Hagelin and 2013 NYR 1st rd pick

To SJ:
Shea Weber, Martin Erat

***S4***

Edited by stevkrause, 02 July 2012 - 08:52 PM.

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#91 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,984 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:53 PM

I just heard, from a credible source, that a major 3-team deal is in the works. Apparently it's NY, Nashville, SJ.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#92 Grim

Grim

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:11 PM

now he's getting paid Crosby money to produce like Franzen

Drake, I know you are respected 'round here but this crusade to suggest that Rick Nash equates to Johan Franzen must end. Howson could very well be off his rocker, but Nash is Columbus' franchose cash cow. He was the most highly sought-after trade target at the deadline; he is highly sought-after now.

#93 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:24 PM

Nashville is trading away Weber and Erat? Why are we not trying to get Weber then?
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#94 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:43 PM

Aaron Portzline: Haven't seen Rick Nash's "approved" list. Only GM Scott Howson, agent Joe Resnick and Nash himself know entirety of the list. But ...... the teams I know to be on the list are Detroit, NY Rangers, Philadelphia and San Jose. To be clear: there could be one or two more.

#95 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,568 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:02 PM

Make the trade to clear enough cap space for Nash, Suter & Semin...I have to think Emmerton/Mursak/ One of Miller and Eaves and possibly Nyquist (although he may be waiver safe) are in danger of losing their jobs...

Don't Be Jealous Because I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#96 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:04 PM

Make the trade to clear enough cap space for Nash, Suter & Semin...I have to think Emmerton/Mursak/ One of Miller and Eaves and possibly Nyquist (although he may be waiver safe) are in danger of losing their jobs...

Eaves and Cleary would clear 4 mill. Emmerton gone would be 4.5millish.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#97 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,568 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:09 PM

Mr. Holland, if you make the Nash deal right now, it will more than likely guarantee Suter signs with your team...then Parise will come calling and you can say....too late Zach....then sign Semin and Abby and trade the excess and be done...We Want Stanley!

Eaves and Cleary would clear 4 mill. Emmerton gone would be 4.5millish.

Right. I wasn't saying those guys would clear enough, I was saying make the trade for Nash (Franzine plus -or- Filppula plus) then sign Suter and Semin. But having Nash and Semin some folks will be bumped out, that is what I was referring to with the other names (unless some of those names are included along with Franzine or Filppula in the Nash deal.) Either way, a couple of bottom 6'ers will be sans job come October.

www.thinkdunes.com

#98 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:11 PM

Mr. Holland, if you make the Nash deal right now, it will more than likely guarantee Suter signs with your team...then Parise will come calling and you can say....too late Zach....then sign Semin and Abby and trade the excess and be done...We Want Stanley!

Right. I wasn't saying those guys would clear enough, I was saying make the trade for Nash (Franzine plus -or- Filppula plus) then sign Suter and Semin. But having Nash and Semin some folks will be bumped out, that is what I was referring to with the other names (unless some of those names are included along with Franzine or Filppula in the Nash deal.) Either way, a couple of bottom 6'ers will be sans job come October.

Come clean, you drink a lot this time of year, don't you? :)

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#99 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,568 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:15 PM

Come clean, you drink a lot this time of year, don't you? :)

No....those guys I listed are apart from the trade for Nash... I am not saying trade Emmerton/Mursak/Miller/Nyquist for Nash...

Whatever the trade will cost to land Nash. Then you will have to dump some bottom 6'ers to make roster spots for the new acquisitions, so whoever isn't traded in the Nash deal from the ones I listed will be in danger of losing a job to make room for Tootoo, Sammy, Semin and Brunner...

www.thinkdunes.com

#100 WingNut 25

WingNut 25

Minister of Defense - Red Wings Nation West

• PipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:06 PM

I see any Nash deal starting with Franzen. Columbus won't take any 3rd and 4th liners. Drop the pipe dream. It would take kids like Kindl, Tatar, etc and a pick along with Mule. Mule's long deal provides security for Columbus.