• Please log in to reply
214 replies to this topic

#141 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,134 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:05 PM

I dont want nash. He will come at too much cost. I am almost sure columbus is looking for flip mule kindl as a trade off. im not willing to let all that go for one guy

#142 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:12 PM

Ive been reading a lot that points to detroit landing nash most is BS from ordinary people but the chatter seems to be that the Wings are the closest to landing him...
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#143 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:17 PM

Ive been reading a lot that points to detroit landing nash most is BS from ordinary people but the chatter seems to be that the Wings are the closest to landing him...

all the rumors are suggesting this yes. Which is interesting.

#144 Stinkyness

Stinkyness

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:23 PM

Nash is worth whatever we need to give up.

#145 dustyrhoades9687

dustyrhoades9687

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:24 PM

I have all faith that holland wil work his miracles and show us wat we all never even thought about.

#146 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,920 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:24 PM

While I would be perfectly happy landing Nash, I feel it would cost less to get Ryan...then we could trade for Yandle...but if Holland lands Nash and it cost BOTH Fil and Franzine then I can see Holland signing Q and Kubina for the D...

I think Franzine could be spared in this deal though...Filppula, Abdelkader, Tatar, Kindl for Nash...I still prefer Ryan and Yandle, but I trust Kenny!

What would you guys think if Kenny got a package of Nash and Wisniewski in return? I know Wiz is at $5.5M...

Edited by LeftWinger, 05 July 2012 - 04:25 PM.

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#147 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:26 PM

Send Franzen+prospects to get Nash, send Nash to Anaheim for Ryan+prospects, flip some of those prospects for Yandle or Jbo.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#148 YougotDatsyuked

YougotDatsyuked

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:28 PM

Send Franzen+prospects to get Nash, send Nash to Anaheim for Ryan+prospects, flip some of those prospects for Yandle or Jbo.

Sounds good to me lol

#149 dustyrhoades9687

dustyrhoades9687

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:32 PM

I say push for doan yandle ryan or semin keep abby he proved his metal last year y is everyone so quick to offer him up

Abby put out points and hit like kronwall use to

#150 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:23 PM

I know it takes a good player to get a good player back but really hoping that Flip is not part of the package, nor Helm, nor Abelkader.

#151 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,785 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:56 PM

You guys are dreammmmin. If we trade for anybody, it will be a defenseman, which is why we really need to sign Semin.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#152 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:36 PM

You guys are dreammmmin. If we trade for anybody, it will be a defenseman, which is why we really need to sign Semin.

I don't think the dream is too far fetched especially if we don't sign Semin or Doan (short term). It might be overpayment for Nash maybe maybe not. And for the record were you one of the many that thought Suter was coming here for sure? Just wondering.

I'm also so glad we can eliminate all the fake cap geek crap and lineups with Parise and Suter out of the mix officially now.

#153 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,785 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:48 PM

I don't think the dream is too far fetched especially if we don't sign Semin or Doan (short term). It might be overpayment for Nash maybe maybe not. And for the record were you one of the many that thought Suter was coming here for sure? Just wondering.

I'm also so glad we can eliminate all the fake cap geek crap and lineups with Parise and Suter out of the mix officially now.

I have no faith in Kenny Holland whatsoever, so I definitely didn't think Suter coming here was locked. I was hoping and praying it was, but yeah, not surprised in the least it didn't happen.

In regards to Nash, it's just not gonna happen, especially considering the Rangers have way more quality assets than us and are willing to part with them.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#154 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:52 PM

I have no faith in Kenny Holland whatsoever, so I definitely didn't think Suter coming here was locked. I was hoping and praying it was, but yeah, not surprised in the least it didn't happen.

In regards to Nash, it's just not gonna happen, especially considering the Rangers have way more quality assets than us and are willing to part with them.

Sure I might agree the Rangers have more assets than us. But then this one question? What's taking so long then to make the trade? They had the assets at the trade deadline as well. Nothing happened. My guess is that they (Columbus) don't like what the Rangers are offering and they might be more interested in what Kenny's offering. Hence the rumors why we are in the mix. It has been in a ton of rumors along with the Pens trying to maybe go after Nash now too. Really surprised Nash wasn't dealt at the trade deadline and really surprised he hasn't been dealt yet.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing), 05 July 2012 - 06:53 PM.

#155 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,785 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:55 PM

Sure I might agree the Rangers have more assets than us. But then this one question? What's taking so long then to make the trade? They had the assets at the trade deadline as well. Nothing happened. My guess is that they (Columbus) don't like what the Rangers are offering and they might be more interested in what Kenny's offering. Hence the rumors why we are in the mix. It has been in a ton of rumors along with the Pens trying to maybe go after Nash now too. Really surprised Nash wasn't dealt at the trade deadline and really surprised he hasn't been dealt yet.

That's easy. Was simply waiting for the Parise fiasco to be done with to drive Nash's price up even more. Might even wait until Semin is signed too. Wouldn't you wait to trade your player until his market value is at his highest?

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#156 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:05 PM

That's easy. Was simply waiting for the Parise fiasco to be done with to drive Nash's price up even more. Might even wait until Semin is signed too. Wouldn't you wait to trade your player until his market value is at his highest?

Meh because you ignored my comment about the trade deadline last season where Nash asked to be traded. People said all the prices Columbus were asking were too high YET DETROIT WASNT IN THAT MIX at the trade deadline. Prices I'm sure are the same now as they were at the trade deadline. I won't disagree with you on the bolded sentence part, however saying that we can't get Nash is false. Because of what you just said. We could end up overpaying for Nash. You said people are dreaming well if we strike out on everyone who knows?

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing), 05 July 2012 - 07:09 PM.

#157 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:11 PM

While I would be perfectly happy landing Nash, I feel it would cost less to get Ryan...then we could trade for Yandle...but if Holland lands Nash and it cost BOTH Fil and Franzine then I can see Holland signing Q and Kubina for the D...

I think Franzine could be spared in this deal though...Filppula, Abdelkader, Tatar, Kindl for Nash...I still prefer Ryan and Yandle, but I trust Kenny!

What would you guys think if Kenny got a package of Nash and Wisniewski in return? I know Wiz is at $5.5M...

Why would we ever want to deal with Wiz? The guy is an Ahole. He has a ridiculous contract. He doesn't like Detroit and has said so publicly. He also is a classless player who loves a cheap shot. No thanks.I'd rather put my faith in the guys who wear the winged wheel proudly.
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#158 Stinkyness

Stinkyness

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:13 PM

I can't help but wonder if Detroit is at the top or even alone on Nash's list. Since something else hasn't happened yet. Probably wishful thinking. But it would explain a few things....curious either way. Maybe he likes where he lives....

EDIT: There are other teams, but I could see something being done already with SJ, NY, pitphilly who have some desireable assets.

god I hope SJ doesnt get him.

Edited by Stinkyness, 05 July 2012 - 08:03 PM.

#159 Liquidsnake

Liquidsnake

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:28 PM

I can't help but wonder if Detroit is at the top or even alone on Nash's list. Since something else hasn't happened yet. Probably wishful thinking. But it would explain a few things....curious either way. Maybe he likes where he lives....

EDIT: There are other teams, but I could see something being done already with SJ, NY, pitphilly who have some desireable assets.

god I hope SJ doesnt get him.

SJ gets him i'll resort to living my life through NHL 13 next year...

#160 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:12 PM

Detroit is on Nash's list.