214 replies to this topic

#161 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:16 PM

Detroit is on Nash's list.

Is Columbus looking for Franzen in return?
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#162 Pskov Wings Fan

Pskov Wings Fan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:38 PM

Nash is worth whatever we need to give up.

Nobody is worth that much.

#163 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:41 PM

To Detroit: Rick Nash

To Columbus: entire Red Wings team

Howson: I want more.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#164 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,332 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:44 PM

From what I read elsewhere Detroit offered Franzen, Filppula and Nyquist, but CBJ wanted Smith too.

If that is accurate, I say HELL NO.

#165 Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

First Line Center

• PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:47 PM

From what I read elsewhere Detroit offered Franzen, Filppula and Nyquist, but CBJ wanted Smith too.

Holland had better not have offered that, Nash is good, and would probably put up great numbers in Detroit, but he's not worth top prospects like those two.

Posted Image

#166 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:50 PM

Kenny offered Columbus an entire line for Nash? Heck why not throw in 2 dmen and a goalie while we're at it? Franzen, Filppula, Nyquist, Smith, Quincey and Howard! Howson: I want more.

#167 dat's sick

dat's sick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,332 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:51 PM

Holland had better not have offered that, Nash is good, and would probably put up great numbers in Detroit, but he's not worth top prospects like those two.

WellI guess if that rumor is true Holland didn't want to give up Smith as well or Nash would already be ours.

We're gonna have to overpay even more than any other team, so I wouldn't be shocked if it's true.

Change Nyquist to Tatar and instead of Smith we give them a 1st or something, then I'd do it, on the condition that we manage to sign Semin or Doan.

#168 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:55 PM

Here is my offer to Howson...

To Columbus: Jan Mursak, Cory Emmerton, Landon Ferraro, Joey MacDonald. Plus a voice message of Kenny Holland saying KISS MY ASS.
  • Nev likes this

#169 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:01 PM

rick nash for franzen,tatar,emmerton,kindl and a 1st

thats not enough so be it and move on , franzen filppula nyquist and smith is ridiculous id rather just sign semin and keep those 4 players as well theres no logic

#170 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:03 PM

Here is my offer to Howson...

To Columbus: Jan Mursak, Cory Emmerton, Landon Ferraro, Joey MacDonald. Plus a voice message of Kenny Holland saying KISS MY ASS.

Where do I sign?

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#171 Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

First Line Center

• PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:05 PM

WellI guess if that rumor is true Holland didn't want to give up Smith as well or Nash would already be ours.

We're gonna have to overpay even more than any other team, so I wouldn't be shocked if it's true.

Change Nyquist to Tatar and instead of Smith we give them a 1st or something, then I'd do it, on the condition that we manage to sign Semin or Doan.

I would still hate to lose Filppula but this would be a much better deal, and from what I have heard Columbus wants way to much from everyone, not just Detroit.

Posted Image

#172 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:13 PM

Nash is good but he is nowhere near worth Franzen, Flip, Nyquist AND Smith. That's a package you send for a franchise player.

Much rather sign Semin outright rather than giving up that much for Nash. His countrymen Datsyuk could make him look like a legit scoring machine.

bringit.jpg

#173 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:14 PM

Someone should tell Howson that Nash isn't even a borderline hall of fame player... maybe he should stop asking for a Gretzky ransom.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#174 dat's sick

dat's sick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,332 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:44 PM

Someone should tell Howson that Nash isn't even a borderline hall of fame player... maybe he should stop asking for a Gretzky ransom.

Sooner or later something has got to give in that whole situation. Nash refusing to increase his list of teams, Howson refusing to lower his demands to a reasonable level... Nash can't possibly stay in Columbus imo but one or the other will have to budge.

I hope Howson sees reason and realizes that Nash is not worth a 30 goal scorer, a 60 point 2-way center and 2 great prospects. Because I would love to see Nash in a Wings jersey. Imagine Semin on Datsyuk's wing and Nash on Zetterberg's. Killer 1-2 punch. Yes defense is a matter of great importance as well, but it could be solved if we could send Franzen one way and Filppula the other for Nash and Yandle respectively.

Ahh, dreams...

Edited by dat's sick, 05 July 2012 - 11:44 PM.

#175 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:49 PM

I'd rather pass on nash if the price is Franzen AND Filppula, not to mention Nyquist. That is giving up 55+ goals for 30 goals.

pass on nash
  • Nev likes this

#176 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,926 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:49 AM

Smith would be the deal breaker for me. I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger on the others. Maybe the Ducks would take that package for Ryan?
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#177 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:41 AM

I'm going to be pretty frustrated if we trade a huge package for Nash, when the same deal likely could have gotten us Yandle. Now I know that if it does happen we will never know but there's a good chance it will be close to what Phoenix would want and D is our biggest hole.

I wish that we would trade for Yandle or another D man then sign Semin and/or Doan... (depending on cap hits but I think it would be doable)

#178 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:19 AM

Nash will be staying in Columbus as long as Howson is gauging his value as Wayne Gretzky in his prime. I understand that he is trying to save his job and needs to make an excellent trade, but this situation will be even worse if Nash is still in Columbus come October. What a distraction for the team it will be. No team is going to pay his unrealistic price. I thought SJ's offer of Pavelski, Clowe and Demers was a fair offer.

#179 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:39 AM

That's interesting, where did you read that. I ask because I was pretending to be Howson the other day, imaging what I would want from the Wings for Nash and I said Franzen, Filppula, Smith and 1st rounder.

That is a lot, but by the time Smith and Nyquist become star NHL players (if they do), Datsyuk and Zetterberg will be over 35 and they're skills will be diminishing. I feel like Holland didn't do enough to build a championship team around Nick before he retired, I would hate to see that happen again with these two. Get Nash, give our best players a chance to win now.

Edited by xtrememachine1, 06 July 2012 - 06:46 AM.

#180 dustyrhoades9687

dustyrhoades9687

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:16 AM

Regaurdless is he really worth it there is a wealth of talent it only takes the offer u can't refuse to make it happen and I'm sure after the suter and praise bulls*** mike and kenny will be side by side during negotiations for our next targets. would nash be good for detroit yes but so would kessler semin yandle doan ryan malkin(and I really hate sayin that one) and plenty of others I'm sure holland an mike are weighing options very carefully so as not to get screwed again. I for one believe the wings will not let me down in the year my son is born. And if all else fails we got two great goalies I have faith. One last thing f*** pitt and columbus thef****** posers