• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
anthonyn66

Hudler to test free agency

Rate this topic

From the article:

Only New Jersey’s Zach Parise (31 goals) and Anaheim’s Teemu Selanne (26 goals) scored more among players eligible for unrestricted free agency.

Whee! Let's get rid of him!

At the right price I wouldn't mind getting him back, but thats just going to drive his price way up so I am happy to say goodbye.

I will miss happy, he stepped up for us in a big way enough for me to tip the cap that's for sure. We just lost a 50 point guy, granted I would rather Semin then Hudler but now Kenny needs no less then two scorers. Doan and Semin are the best two I've heard so far...a little off topic but a checking line featuring Doan, Bertuzzi & ??? would be great...

If he leaves Kenny's job just got harder. For all the flak Hudler takes, he's still a 25 goal scorer, which means now we need to find TWO top 6 scorers if we want to improve on last year.

As with most people the cost is the big issue to me. I'd take him at 3 million, but at more than that he just doesn't provide the grit or the reliability we need as a team.

Great news! Just hoping that Mr Holland can sign Parise and Suter. After that we still will have money to spend on another forward. I would love to se Semin i Red Wings, but i doubt that we can afford him if we sign Suter and Parise.

Does anyone know if Detroit have any interest in Nash? A part of me hopes that they dont have any interest in him, beacuse the wings will have to give up too much.

Sorry for my poor english spelling :tounge:

Edited by Lamen

So long Happy Hudler. I was disappointed you could not find your 08' form, I really wanted you to. I like him, honestly, but I can see why we would let him walk now. All the best for a really good Wing. :bye1:

Peace out....hopefully just means more ice time for Helm to bury the biscuit.

I also think that the first big name we sign could open the flood gates. If playing with Dats and Z isn't enough for Parise or Suter, maybe adding Semin or Doan to the pile could help their decision. Just a thought.....

A very streaky player like Hudler can leave. If he is scoring then he is helping out if he ain't scoring he is a waste of space. No speed, no defensive play, lack of strength/size, poor work ethic, etc. His streaky play is part of the problem not part of the solution.

Hmm... sounds a lot like someone else on the team too.

As for Hudler, I'm not going to be that upset if he takes a larger offer elsewhere. However, it does concern me that the Red Wings are losing 25 goals and were already in need of adding to the top-six with Hudler around. There's nobody internally on the roster that is going to score 25 next season. As one-dimensional as Hudler is as a player, the Red Wings are lacking that dimension. Holland really has his work cut out for him.

So get rid of a 3-4 million streaky 1 dimension player, and replace him with a streaky 1 dimensional player who is also a lazy floater for 6+ mil per season? That sounds logical. That's even if Semin plays in the NHL next year.

Guest Hatethedrake!

I believe Semin would thrive here. Did I just say that? :tounge: But only if we miss out on Parise.