Someone will overpay him
IPB Image

#22 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,664 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:31 AM

At the article's suggested 3.3 1.5 million, I'd be happy to have him come back. At more than that, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Fixed :tounge:

On a serious note - let him walk...He can be a 3rd/4th liner on some other roster...Maybe Abdelkader will join him?

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#23 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:42 AM

A very streaky player like Hudler can leave. If he is scoring then he is helping out if he ain't scoring he is a waste of space. No speed, no defensive play, lack of strength/size, poor work ethic, etc. His streaky play is part of the problem not part of the solution.

#24 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:55 AM

A very streaky player like Hudler can leave. If he is scoring then he is helping out if he ain't scoring he is a waste of space. No speed, no defensive play, lack of strength/size, poor work ethic, etc. His streaky play is part of the problem not part of the solution.

Hmm... sounds a lot like someone else on the team too.

As for Hudler, I'm not going to be that upset if he takes a larger offer elsewhere. However, it does concern me that the Red Wings are losing 25 goals and were already in need of adding to the top-six with Hudler around. There's nobody internally on the roster that is going to score 25 next season. As one-dimensional as Hudler is as a player, the Red Wings are lacking that dimension. Holland really has his work cut out for him.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#25 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,664 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:03 AM

As for Hudler, I'm not going to be that upset if he takes a larger offer elsewhere. However, it does concern me that the Red Wings are losing 25 goals and were already in need of adding to the top-six with Hudler around. There's nobody internally on the roster that is going to score 25 next season. As one-dimensional as Hudler is as a player, the Red Wings are lacking that dimension. Holland really has his work cut out for him.

As much as it pains me to say this...There's always a decent chance Holland signs guys like Jagr, and/or Semin.

There's a chance Semin can play up to his ability on a nightly basis if he were on a line with Datsyuk.

#26 drwscc

drwscc

I drink your milkshake...I drink it up!!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:07 AM

So get rid of a 3-4 million streaky 1 dimension player, and replace him with a streaky 1 dimensional player who is also a lazy floater for 6+ mil per season? That sounds logical. That's even if Semin plays in the NHL next year.
Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe.

I went to a doctor the other day, and all he did was suck blood out of my neck. Never go see Dr. Acula
- Mitch Hedberg

#27 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,664 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:20 AM

So get rid of a 3-4 million streaky 1 dimension player, and replace him with a streaky 1 dimensional player who is also a lazy floater for 6+ mil per season? That sounds logical. That's even if Semin plays in the NHL next year.

1st off I don't think Semin could get $6 million at this point in time - especially from Holland, or quite possibly any GM in the league.

2nd - Semin's upside in terms of scoring is 10 times that of what Hudler could ever do...I'm not too keen on Semin - however if there's any guy out there that could get the most outta Semin - it just might be Datsyuk.

As I said - I'm wary of the guy, but he'd instantly become our most lethal scoring winger; Hudler, and even Franzen aren't anywhere close to what Semin has in terms of skill.

#28 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:23 AM

I believe Semin would thrive here. Did I just say that? :tounge: But only if we miss out on Parise.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#29 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:30 AM

I have never understoof the Hudler hate. 25 goals, 25 A's.....I think this is a mistake, but let the haters hate I guess
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#30 drwscc

drwscc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:40 AM

1st off I don't think Semin could get $6 million at this point in time - especially from Holland, or quite possibly any GM in the league.

2nd - Semin's upside in terms of scoring is 10 times that of what Hudler could ever do...I'm not too keen on Semin - however if there's any guy out there that could get the most outta Semin - it just might be Datsyuk.

As I said - I'm wary of the guy, but he'd instantly become our most lethal scoring winger; Hudler, and even Franzen aren't anywhere close to what Semin has in terms of skill.

Why would you think Semin would take a paycut, based on your 2nd point? If noone will give him what he wants, I'm sure he'd be happy to go back to Russia and play in the KHL.

Also, Franzen is close to Semin in one facet; laziness.
Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe.

I went to a doctor the other day, and all he did was suck blood out of my neck. Never go see Dr. Acula
- Mitch Hedberg

#31 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:43 AM

I have never understoof the Hudler hate. 25 goals, 25 A's.....I think this is a mistake, but let the haters hate I guess

His lack of work ethic is what I don't like. If he played like he gave a damn, and this goes for a few other people on this team, I would want him back.

If the Wings get Semin, which I hope not, then you can only sign him for as long as the Wings think Datsyuk can anchor him. With D being 34 at the start of the season the longest I would sign him for is for 2 years.

Edited by dragonballgtz, 29 June 2012 - 10:46 AM.

#32 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,664 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:55 AM

Why would you think Semin would take a paycut, based on your 2nd point? If noone will give him what he wants, I'm sure he'd be happy to go back to Russia and play in the KHL.

Also, Franzen is close to Semin in one facet; laziness.

There's always that chance he goes back home for big $$$...If any NHL GM is willing/able to give him what he'd want - it could be the Leafs, or Habs, but we all know neither team has a centerman of Datsyuk's caibre.

I could be way off here, but I'm thinking Semin may realise he needs to sign with a NHL club that has top notch centermen not only to feed him the puck, but to help cover for his defensive lapses...Zetterberg also fits the bill.

A 2, or 3 year deal might be reasonable, and very beneficial if the guy plays to his ability.

#33 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:57 AM

i say let him walk never cared much for him at all.

#34 drwscc

drwscc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:59 AM

Grass is greener, I guess. Substitute known 50 points for unknown more expensive option that might play well with Dats. I bet Huds could put up some numbers playing full time with Dats, but oh well. Don't let the door hit you, 50 pts.

- Mitch Hedberg

#35 fixxxer

fixxxer

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:08 AM

Because at least for me he's a one dimentional player thats bearly even one dimentional. If his only talent and selling point is that he's a stick handeling scorer at least put up more goals than 25g playing with Z a lot of the time. If your a small player you with out a doubt have to play much bigger than you are which Hudler doesn't. He doesn't have speed, defense, size, grit, bearly a scoring touch, doesn't crash to the net. I don't honestly know what Holland see's in him even offering him a contract period just let him go you tried to develope him he didn't work out just let him go.

#36 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,094 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:12 AM

He's a one-dimensional player. He scores. That's it. The rest of his game is painful.

Edited by Dabura, 29 June 2012 - 11:13 AM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#37 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,664 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:20 AM

If the Wings get Semin, which I hope not, then you can only sign him for as long as the Wings think Datsyuk can anchor him. With D being 34 at the start of the season the longest I would sign him for is for 2 years.

I was thinking the same thing...Dats has 2 years left on his contract.

#38 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,015 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:25 AM

Agreed.

I'm not a huge Hudler fan but he was 5th on the team in points, 6 points behind Mule. As you point out, it's 25 goals and 50 points the Wings are losing and yet another thing for Holland to go out and try to replace this off season.

#39 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:27 AM

I don't see all the hate, he scored 25 goals, and played a much better game this last season. I along with some others don't see how the team gets much better if Hudler leaves and they replace him with someone who had around the same number of points for more money.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#40 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:28 AM

Brunner will replace Hudler's goals. Isn't that the plan?

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."