• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
anthonyn66

Hudler to test free agency

Rate this topic

As for Hudler, I'm not going to be that upset if he takes a larger offer elsewhere. However, it does concern me that the Red Wings are losing 25 goals and were already in need of adding to the top-six with Hudler around. There's nobody internally on the roster that is going to score 25 next season. As one-dimensional as Hudler is as a player, the Red Wings are lacking that dimension. Holland really has his work cut out for him.

This.

I think a lot of Wings fans opinions of him are clouded by the fact he bolted for the KHL, then came back and took half a season to get into NHL shape.

It's worth noting Hudler only peforms when it's a contract year as well.

2007 - 15 goals, 76 games (contract year)

2008 - 13 goals, 81 games

2009 - 23 goals, 82 games (contract year)

2010 - Russian Hooker Year

2011 - 10 goals, 73 games

2012 - 25 goals, 81 games (contract year)

Money motivated indeed.

If he goes someplace else with DECENT teammates, Hudler will put up 60 plus points easy. I wish him the best

He does have decent teammates already and is spotty goal scorer if anything he should be flourishing in our style of hockey but he doesn't. He's too easy to play against for other teams when it matters and he isn't going to wear anyone down. The general problem imo with this team is having too many playmakers and not enough shoot first mentality. I don't believe huds has shoot first mentality and the already glaring cons of him that everyone has mentioned makes him an easy replacable player.

If we replace him with a more complete, multi-dimensional player then I'm all for it. I don't think he'll get amazing offers on the market so I think we have some time to play with. People know he's a small player with a one dimensional role on a talented roster. If I were a GM I would not expect his point production to keep up on a non-puck possession style team without amazing centers.

Does anyone want to predict how much he is gonna get on the open market? I think that GMs are gonna be idiots and actually give him somewhere in the neighborhood of 4.5 and 5 Million. I just get that feeling that someone is gonna go crazy. Would have never predicted the contracts from last year so we'll see what happens.

Edited by Diluvian04

Does anyone want to predict how much he is gonna get on the open market? I think that GMs are gonna be idiots and actually give him somewhere in the neighborhood of 4.5 and 5 Million. I just get that feeling that someone is gonna go crazy. Would have never predicted the contracts from last year so we'll see what happens.

That is probably the safest prediction on any forum anywhere. Calgary signing Wideman for $5M-plus, and the number of teams below the cap floor, means crazy money is all but assured, again. I think it will take at least $4.5/yr to sign Huds, and Suter is going to get above $8/yr. And for the record I would have no problem signing Suter for $8-8.5.yr.