• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Datsyukian-Deke

Schneider Signs extension with Vacouver

Rate this topic

im surprised that Scneider didnt wait for the Luongo fiasco to come to an end before signing but no way Vancouver gives him 4 mill a year to be a back up

True, but that is a healthy contract for Schneider. He's smart to take the money & run with it.

Lot a money for an unproven player. Canucks better hope they're making the right decision.

well he has backed up for a couple years so its not quite like schultz where he hasnt played a game but I agree, he has never had the reigns in Vancouver and I'm sure he will be the new scapegoat when they get knocked out of the playoffs again this year.

well he has backed up for a couple years so its not quite like schultz where he hasnt played a game but I agree, he has never had the reigns in Vancouver and I'm sure he will be the new scapegoat when they get knocked out of the playoffs again this year.

Ya I mean I like the kid, I think he's a good goalie and I hope he does good. Like you say Vancouver chews up goalies, so pretty much he has to put them over the top or they'll crucify him too.

Am I the only one who wouldn't pay a guy who's never played more than 33 games in a season 4 million a season?

I mean he was very good in his 60 some-odd games he's played but there have been a ton of goalies who have had a great season only to fall apart the next.

If they move Luongo and he falls apart that fan-base will go crazy.

Am I the only one who wouldn't pay a guy who's never played more than 33 games in a season 4 million a season?

I mean he was very good in his 60 some-odd games he's played but there have been a ton of goalies who have had a great season only to fall apart the next.

If they move Luongo and he falls apart that fan-base will go crazy.

What? Vancouver fans go crazy? doesn't sound like them. I agree he hasn't dealt with the grind of being a starting goalie. It will be compacted if they get schultz and get another unknown in front of him.

I think Schneider excels, the guys got talent. I would assume Vancouver will bring in a good back-up goalie as well, someone who can take some pressure off if Schneider hits a bad stretch.

With the potential/talent of Kessler, Burrows, and the Sedin sisters they should be able to make conference finals runs with nearly any NHL tender. I hope the kid does well, but like others have said, if he doesn't put up insane performances this season their fans will call for his head.