• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jedi

Brodeur may test open market

Rate this topic

Per Darren Dreger...

Martin Brodeur very likely to test free agent market. Brodeur has hired Pat Brisson (CAA) to represent him. Bidders get ready!
Brodeur has had limited contract discussions with Devils. Could still sign before Sunday, but leaning now toward open market.
Brodeur's deal should have been done long ago. To put him in a position to have to consider free agency is tough for a player of his status.

Interesting that he may be leaning towards leaving Newark. Makes you wonder if Parise would even consider returning if Brodeur isn't there...

Think he would sign on in Detroit as Howie's backup? Yeah, probably not.

I'd be happy if they'd split time for a season, give whoevers playig better the playoff start..

Also getting Brodeur will make it that much easier to get parise to come here. It's pretty much not gunna happen but an interesting thought nonetheless

I'd be happy if they'd split time for a season, give whoevers playig better the playoff start..

Also getting Brodeur will make it that much easier to get parise to come here. It's pretty much not gunna happen but an interesting thought nonetheless

It wouldn't surprise me if Holland took a run at Brodeur to bring him here as a 1a 1b situation and let the best goalie win come playoff time. He's definitely done it before when there was the opportunity.

I'm guessing Brodeur would look to go somewhere he'll be the clear starter. Unless he was okay sitting on the bench for half a season after a career of being played into the ground in New Jersey.

I'd like to have Marty for one year as a 1B next to Howard. But I think you're right, he probably wouldn't go for that and with Howard going into a contract year, he probably wouldn't like it either. But that would be a heck of an upgrade over MacDonald. lol

Sundin did the same thing, didn't he?

Brodeur is hands down my favorite goalie of all time, i'd love to see him in a Wings jersey to finish his career. I really really don't see him going to another team though, it's probably gonna be NJ or retirement.

I just don't see MB playing for any other team. Nor should he! Strapped for cash or not, they should sign this guy. He should also take a paycut, hes 40 years old and I am sure money is not an issue. Disrespectful to him to not offer/sign him. He's been a Devil his whole career, and should finish it that way. I hate when lifer's jump s*** near the end of their careers and end up stinking it up elsewhere. It tarnishes their legacy in my opinion.

I just don't see MB playing for any other team. Nor should he! Strapped for cash or not, they should sign this guy. He should also take a paycut, hes 40 years old and I am sure money is not an issue. Disrespectful to him to not offer/sign him. He's been a Devil his whole career, and should finish it that way. I hate when lifer's jump s*** near the end of their careers and end up stinking it up elsewhere. It tarnishes their legacy in my opinion.

Worked out for Luc Robatille

Edit: whoops

Didn't realize he had a brief stint early in his career outside of LA!

Edited by Echolalia

Howard is in a contract year, don't think he will like splitting time with someone when he wants to play the most he can and the best he can to get a nice fat paycheck next year...he would really hate if he lost his job to Fat Boy and it would suck if he just said F/U and walked as a UFA....

I think he'll stay with the devils but he's consistently signed for a discount I think it may be a ploy on his part to get a decent amount of cash in what is likely his final contract