Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

CRAZZZZYYY Roster Idea

Rate this topic

Guest Hatethedrake!

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Zach Parise ($8.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m)

Danny Cleary ($2.800m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)

Brandon Prust ($1.800m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)

Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m)

DEFENSEMEN

Ryan Suter ($8.000m) / Ian White ($2.875m)

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)

Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Kyle Quincey ($3.250m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Al Montoya ($1.200m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $69,133,712; BONUSES: $37,500

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,066,288

Edited by Hatethedrake!

Bouwmeester is crap for what he's paid. He can skate fast. Yay. Not worth it.

Agreed completely, but we also have a ton of capspace and he's been on HORRIBLE teams... his style of play would thrive here, I'm convinced of it...

Just due to the sheer cap we'd be absorbing, I need to ammend my initial post - the picks are not necessary, you've all convinced me of that...

YUCK! :shock:

Wow, when you put it that way... what a well thought out, in depth, eloquent thought... you've really shed a whole new light on it... :glare:

Montoya is a steal at 0.875 mil per. Good goalie rarely given a chance in NY regardless of how well he plays, he has an opportunity to shine on a good team.

Agreed completely!

Wow, when you put it that way... what a well thought out, in depth, eloquent thought... you've really shed a whole new light on it... :glare:

Thank you, thank you thank you, you are far to kind!

Just to put a smile on your face I will say this, JB is over payed and over rated I think. I think his spark of greatness is gone. As for Iginla he's awesome but older, and not worth giving up two first rounders to get him. I wouldn't mind him on our team if it only costed us middle tier talent (even lower end draft picks). You are smiling now right...! :D

Not that this is NHL 2013 nor would Columbus accept a bunch of junk, but I would love to acquire Nash somehow, along with getting rid of Franzen, Cleary, Mursak, Emmeton, Kindl, a prospect or two and draft picks... Man if some kind of combo of those players/picks would get Nash here, I would be on cloud 900! With the open spots we have now an then dumping Franzines and Cleary's salary, we could add Parise/Meuller/Semin along with having Nash....ya ya, total fantasy world, I know, but wow that would send a message to the NHL! :lol:

edit: nah, nevermind, I cannot fit all those guys under the Cap on capgeek....but if we lost out on the Parise sweeps and still acquired Nash we could get Semin and Meuller and Garrison and Suter...

also for some odd reason, I go to "cap calculator" on capgeek and Parise is not listed under NJD as a UFA....

so I came up with this crazy roster! (I only brought Sproul up because he was the next highest D on the prospects list....I let Quincey walk and I traded Kindl)

FORWARDS

Alexander Semin ($5.500m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Rick Nash ($7.800m)

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Damien Brunner ($1.000m)

Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Peter Mueller ($2.750m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)

Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Brandon Prust ($1.200m)

Justin Abdelkader ($1.250m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Ryan Suter ($8.000m)

Ian White ($2.875m) / Jason Garrison ($0.985m)

Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)

Ryan Sproul ($0.925m) /

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Al Montoya ($0.875m)

------

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $67,180,833; BONUSES: $320,000

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $3,019,167

If you think Garrison is going to sign anywhere for under a million dollars, you're on supercrack!

Thank you, thank you thank you, you are far to kind!

Just to put a smile on your face I will say this, JB is over payed and over rated I think. I think his spark of greatness is gone. As for Iginla he's awesome but older, and not worth giving up two first rounders to get him. I wouldn't mind him on our team if it only costed us middle tier talent (even lower end draft picks). You are smiling now right...! :D

There ya go! Good contribution to the thread! :)

Those are all very solid points... as I said in a couple previous posts, in the interest of trying to not be a homer, I went too far the other way when including the picks, I went back and ammened the post to just be players for players...

I'll toss a name out there I haven't seen much, Tobias Enstrom will be a free agent after next season. IF we fail to add an impact defensemen and suffer because of it during the season Toby is a guy I would completely love having here.

Once hell of a player and he moves the puck incredibly well... I just wish he weren't so damn small...

You dirty bastard, haha :)

I agree it'd be step, but you got to give to get...

Fair enough, I wonder if we could get it done on players and prospects alone... you bring up a very valid point about the picks

I think to get Iginla alone your looking at getting rid of a lot of your future. They would probably be asking for Smith, Nyquist and maybe Mule or Fill. Something like that is just way to much for an aging star.

your trade proposals are crazy , giving up way too much .... that being said i actually had a conversation today with my friend about jay Bouwmeester , i dont know why hes sucked so bad ever since he went to calgary but i did tell my friend if he wasnt making so much money for the next 2 years i would take a chance at him , i think he can rebound here and be alot better than he is in calgary

He wont be a top 2 guy but he wont be as crap as he is now, that being said hes making 6.8 now for 2 years so forget it , if he wants to sign for like 3 million in 2 yrs and give it a go in detroit i might take a chance depending what our defensive group is by then

your trade proposals are crazy , giving up way too much .... that being said i actually had a conversation today with my friend about jay Bouwmeester , i dont know why hes sucked so bad ever since he went to calgary but i did tell my friend if he wasnt making so much money for the next 2 years i would take a chance at him , i think he can rebound here and be alot better than he is in calgary

He wont be a top 2 guy but he wont be as crap as he is now, that being said hes making 6.8 now for 2 years so forget it , if he wants to sign for like 3 million in 2 yrs and give it a go in detroit i might take a chance depending what our defensive group is by then

You read very well and clearly read a whole thread before you comment...

While I may have shot too high in the interest of trying to not look at the trade with red colored glasses on , you are WAY over valuing our pieces in the deal... You have to give to get and Iginla and Boumeester are both very valuable assets...

Also, Iggy still put up over 30 goals last year...

There ya go! Good contribution to the thread! :)

Those are all very solid points... as I said in a couple previous posts, in the interest of trying to not be a homer, I went too far the other way when including the picks, I went back and ammened the post to just be players for players...

As well as a couple I just don't feel like searching for...

I think to get Iginla alone your looking at getting rid of a lot of your future. They would probably be asking for Smith, Nyquist and maybe Mule or Fill. Something like that is just way to much for an aging star.

Agreed, I wouldn't give that either if they asked for more