• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Johnz96

Latendresse

Rate this topic

Guest Johnz96

http://www.google.ca...yFjycGpXPEB0LuQ

I believe because the Wild didn't qualify him, makes him a UFA. I think Detroit is closer to Montreal than Minnesota. Sounds like he would like to play in Montreal but the prospect of a Cup might be incentive to want to sign with the Wings

Latendresse and Meuller could be great affordable additions, they both are young and big, they are health risks but could pay off big time

Edited by Johnz96

Right before you posted this I was imagining a Latendresse-Filppula-Doan line. That would be hard to play against. In reality though, I've generally thought highly of Latendresse, but he's CONSTANTLY injured.

I would take the risk....especially Meuller....I was one hoping Holland drafted Latendresse in 05' instead of Kindl.... The cool thing is, Detroit is $8M UNDER the Cap FLOOR...so they HAVE to sign some folks to get above the floor! Let's just hope it's not overpaying crap like Quincey or Hudler that gets them to the floor....

If we were to take a risk on a player like this, I'm more intrigued by Eric Fehr, though both have had such injury problems, it'd be tough to commit a roster spot to either. Though I will admit, Latendresse is probably the better goal scorer, and it's hard to argue with that. Seems like these kind of moves would be more likely if the Wings don't land a bigger FA, as they would at least potentially provide some depth and could play a top-6 role, if healthy, and would certainly be cheaper than a Parise, Semin, etc.

I do like the dynamic that latendresse could bring to the lineup. If he stays healthy and the price is right, could be a great move

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Zach Parise ($8.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m)

Guillaume Latendresse ($2.800m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)

Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Justin Abdelkader ($2.000m) / Danny Cleary ($2.800m)

Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Ryan Suter ($7.000m)

Ian White ($2.875m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)

Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Kyle Quincey ($3.250m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) /

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Joey MacDonald ($0.550m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $68,667,045; BONUSES: $37,500

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,532,955

the lower the price, the lower the risk and ,IMO, this is the kind of deal that Kenny can get done for a good bargain. a player like latendresse can really spread out the depth of the lineup and give babs more options. i like the idea if, as i said, the price is right