• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

i hope we dont panic if suter and parise signs elsewhere

Rate this topic

I have a bad feeling that we as fans will be very dissapointed with how things go tomorrow. The Wings have been slipping as a major power house in the league over the past couple of seasons and I think that is why Ken Holland has had a hard time making the big deal we all have been looking for. Elite players are looking for long term contracts with teams that are already loaded with talent that will be in the running for the cup each and every year. As others have pointed out, we lost 3 very impportant pieces this year and don't tell me that the UFA's have not noticed. Will fans panic if Ken Holland and co can't put together a team that will compete for the cup next year? Your damn right we will.

I'd rater we dont go crazy for these guys and spend wisely and keep some money

Holland has an assload of spending money. We have glaring holes.

No more "price wasn't right." I want to be a happy drunk tomorrow. This is all about me.

This may very well be the first year that Holland HAS to overpay to get what he wants....I am perfectly fine with giving Suter upwards of $8M per year for 7-10 years...but after that Holland will need to be a little more frugal. From what's tweeting today, Pens are favorites for Parise, I am fine with that as long as we get Suter, then some solid plan B's like Semin/Doan, hell we may even pull off that blockbuster to acquire Nash....I think Nash in Detroit is just as good as Parise in Pitt....I personally would love Nash here, just interested to see what would be required to give up! Sign Suter, Sign Garrison, sign Quincey then trade him to Columbus in a package that would get us Nash... I don't care if it would cost us Franzen or Filppula, Nash is worth it, he is locked up for 6 more years and after winning a couple of Cups, he will definitely finish his career here!

I don't know what it would take, but lets start with Filppula, Emmerton, Mursak, (sign & Trade) Abbdelkader, (sign and trade) Quincey, add in Tatar (or Andersson both are top 10 prospects in our system) and a 1st. This may be overpayment, but we need to open up a few roster spots for the UFA's I want...so trade (waive) these guys no matter if they are in the package or on there own.

FORWARDS

Rick Nash ($7.800m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Johan Franzine ($3.955m)

Shane Doan ($5.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)

Damien Brunner ($1.000m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Danny Cleary ($2.800m)

Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Peter Mueller ($3.000m) / Brandon Prust ($1.250m)

Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) / Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Ryan Suter ($8.000m)

Ian White ($2.875m) / Jason Garrison ($1.500m)

Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) /

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Al Montoya ($0.875m)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $69,958,712; BONUSES: $37,500

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $241,288

If you got Semin instead he would cost less than Doan, and be slotted with Dats.

I know this scenario will not happen, but something similar if we can get Nash! Also, if they wanted Franzine instead, that is fine, just move Bert back with Dats and Fil back with Z...

Edited by LeftWinger

Just reading Kulfans article about Holland being aggressive tomorrow, why does he say Wings have aprox. $18M when they have $24M? Quincey and Abby are not signed yet, so they still have $24M

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120630/SPORTS0103/206300332/Red-Wings-plan-aggressive-pursuit-free-agents?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Holland has an assload of spending money. We have glaring holes.

No more "price wasn't right." I want to be a happy drunk tomorrow. This is all about me.

youd rather be in sh*t for the next 5 years than be smart ????

example

matt carle 5 yrs 25 million

garrisson 5 yrs 25 million

semin 5 yrs 30 million

prust 5 yrs 10 million

lets just say we do that tomorrow you'll be happy??? i sure as hell wont if were gonna spend alot of money and term on guys i want them to be stars not overpayed players

dont forget shea weber next year is a ufa we gotta leave some cash to target him next year even though we got clearys salary off the books we dont know what the new cba will be

Just reading Kulfans article about Holland being aggressive tomorrow, why does he say Wings have aprox. $18M when they have $24M? Quincey and Abby are not signed yet, so they still have $24M

http://www.detroitne...|text|FRONTPAGE

im surprised this hasnt gotten done yet , just offer quincey 2 years at 3.5 per and abdelkader 1.85 for 4 years

id be pissed if we offered quincey 1 year and then hes a ufa and leaves , we gave up a first round pick for a 1 year rental? and if he's not what we hope he will be next year we trade him , someone will take on a one year deal at 3.5

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Just say no to Quincey...Holland qualified him for $3.125M...let him go RFA or sign and trade him.

i'd be f*cken pissed if he didnt sign to at least 2 years , we gave up a 1st and there were alot of quality players at 19 , tb drafted the russian goalie , malcolm subban was still there etc..

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

in chatting with people over the recent weeks, I keep hearing Detroit is a hotbed for free agents, everyone's dream would be to play for Detroit, its the greatest franchise in history, these players would be idiots if they didn't sign here, etc.. Well, As far as I see, the glory years of the dominant Wings franchise have passed. All of those things were true at one point. But now, there are no dominant forces in the league. Every team has a chance at the cup. Why would/should these players sign in Detroit? Because we can pay top dollar? (just like most other teams), because of the Wings history? These guys are a part of the present, and future. When it comes to who to sign with, who cares about history (In my opinion) And to top it off, our city is a piece of SH*T. Even our suburbs are in a definite decline. If I was an NHL player (obviously am not) I would look at the team first. Swiss cheese defense, (even with the addition of Suter), only 3 strong and consistent forwards (Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Helm) and only 2 high end prospects (Smith, Nyquist). So, why would these guys want to come here? Lidstrom is gone, that power house franchise that once was the hotbed for free agents is long gone. As far as I can see, not signing Parise and Suter is bad enough. but even if we do land both, there's still some holes to fill.

I don't think it's panicking to get upset today if we don't acquire anything meaningful today. Our team has been slowly getting worse, exiting the playoffs earlier and earlier, and our defense is an empty chasm compared to what it was even last year. If we are keen to avoid a rebuilding phase and stay competitive and ensure we have a postseason, there's going to have to be some big moves.

If we don't get Suter, at least we have Ericsson and his $3.2m contract.

Parise and Suter are obviously the center pieces. If you're concerned about the quality of the team they are coming in to, I'm sure Holland is letting them know that if they sign here he will make some lower level moves to round out the defense and forward corps.

I think players like to think they are important, and even though the Wings have struggled the past few years, they would love to be the saviors of any franchise. And the Wings, out of all the teams in the league, have a proven tradition of winning and doing what needs to be done, so they are the team closest to turning things around, I think. Would you rather take a risk on a team like Minnesota which very well could miss playoffs again, or try to be the final piece on the Wings, which is going to make playoffs at the very least?

I don't think Detroit is such a bad place to end up if you are a young UFA looking to be a hero and a Cup winner.

I'm fairly confident Holland would offer the same for Parise's services. It'll boil down to where he wants to play or in other words, Datsyuk vs. Crosby?

I think it depends on if he wants to live in the shadows of Crosby and Malkin. Some players don't want that. ( Staal)

in chatting with people over the recent weeks, I keep hearing Detroit is a hotbed for free agents, everyone's dream would be to play for Detroit, its the greatest franchise in history, these players would be idiots if they didn't sign here, etc.. Well, As far as I see, the glory years of the dominant Wings franchise have passed. All of those things were true at one point. But now, there are no dominant forces in the league. Every team has a chance at the cup. Why would/should these players sign in Detroit? Because we can pay top dollar? (just like most other teams), because of the Wings history? These guys are a part of the present, and future. When it comes to who to sign with, who cares about history (In my opinion) And to top it off, our city is a piece of SH*T. Even our suburbs are in a definite decline. If I was an NHL player (obviously am not) I would look at the team first. Swiss cheese defense, (even with the addition of Suter), only 3 strong and consistent forwards (Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Helm) and only 2 high end prospects (Smith, Nyquist). So, why would these guys want to come here? Lidstrom is gone, that power house franchise that once was the hotbed for free agents is long gone. As far as I can see, not signing Parise and Suter is bad enough. but even if we do land both, there's still some holes to fill.

Worst post of the day so far. Even if we sign them both, this person is not happy. The negativity is astounding.

It is all conditional. I still say that cap management takes point. There are other options, but I am willing to wait until the dust settles to panic. However, if they both go to a few teams I will panic. I would rather get both of them if only to move them a year or two later than to see them go elsewhere.

Apparently the Red Wings are "eliminated" from the Parise sweepstakes per TSN. "Gino Reda", the Red Wings are not coming to talk to Parise.

There hasn't been a single team's representatives show up to talk to Paise. He never once used the word eliminated. He cleary and specifically said that Detroit is still very interested and making an offer for him.

There hasn't been a single team's representatives show up to talk to Paise. He never once used the word eliminated. He cleary and specifically said that Detroit is still very interested and making an offer for him.

Tsn is trying to create a story....if you've noticed the little tweets on the bottom of the screen....one said Holland was crazy or something to that effect...

Apparently the Red Wings are "eliminated" from the Parise sweepstakes per TSN. "Gino Reda", the Red Wings are not coming to talk to Parise.

How is it "apparent" that the Wings are "eliminated"? According to Khan, Parise's agent pulled the plug on in-person meetings since 20 teams asked for one and there was no way to accommodate them all. http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2012/07/red_wings_with_owner_mike_ilit.html

Please post a link to your "elimination" source if you're able to come up with one (and/or try to grab a few more facts next time).

I think it is extremely simple, two major UFAs are hitting free agency today if you have to overpay do it. A guy like Suter may be worth 7,5 so if you overpay him by 0,5 or even 0,75 so what? In the end it will be worth it because he is our best option to reduce the hole Stuart and Lidström left.

Same goes for Parise but I think he will sign with the Penguins or Kings.

This team has to make some noice dare I say boom(?) this summer, otherwise we will be a team fighting for a playoff spot and maybe miss it for the first time since 21 years.

Edited by frankgrimes