Predictions on where players will land

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 Wingydingy19

Wingydingy19

Jr. Prospect

• 22 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:51 PM

Realistically, I don't think the wings will sign that many players. I'm thinking Suter and Prust. I'd love the likes of a parise/semin/doan but I just don't see Kenny adding that many players. Just my opinion tho, I hope I'm wrong.

#22 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,282 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:56 PM

Wonder if the words "I like the team we have currently" and "we can always add at the trade deadline" will be spoken from Holland tomorrow
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#23 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,642 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:59 PM

Well wingydingy....they need to sign 2 forwards and 2 defensmen. If they give Brunner that spot, then yes one forward, but you better believe it will be a top 6 rather than a bottom 6. 2 defensmen, sure they have Quincey as a RFA, but dump him and get Suter & Garrison...That will bring them to 23 players. When and if they keep Abby, someone (Emmerton or Mursak) will be bumped out. May as well go for Doan too and bump both of them or trade them in a package or just for some draft pick depth....

Wonder if the words "I like the team we have currently" and "we can always add at the trade deadline" will be spoken from Holland tomorrow

<SLAP> You watch your mouth!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#24 Wingydingy19

Wingydingy19

Jr. Prospect

• 22 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:23 PM

Ya leftwinger, I'm with ya but that's what we hope will happen! I'm just saying you might not see that pan out just because it makes sense to us. I
Just have this sinking feeling that kh is going to do quite a bit less than what we all think or want him to do.

#25 EastonWings

EastonWings

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:38 PM

Seems it will be hard to land parise and suter together with the pens freeing up money to make a push for them. My fear is parise being really good friends with Crosby and suter and parise stating they wanna play together. we may end up with neither. If that's the the case then Kenny not making any moves at the deadline will haunt us. Were down two defensman and were not guaranteed we'll get the best one on the market with other teams interested and throwing them dollars. If we lose out on suter and parise. We need to go second tier and build on the fly. That means semin,garrison,carle, save that money and make a run at weber since he will most likely test the waters next season. Hopefully our team being almost all euros will not detour these north American stars fron signing with our team.

#26 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,227 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:06 PM

Franzen - Dats - Parise/Semin
Flip - Z - Brunner
Cleary - Helm - Bert
Prust - Gaustad - Eaves/Abdelkader

Kronwall - Sutter
Quincey - White
Smith - Ericsson/Allen
Carkner
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#27 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:16 PM

Franzen - Dats - Parise/Semin
Flip - Z - Brunner
Cleary - Helm - Bert
Prust - Gaustad - Eaves/Abdelkader

Kronwall - Sutter
Quincey - White
Smith - Ericsson/Allen
Carkner

I would be so stoked if that is the team we start the season with. Wowzerz.
be about it!

#28 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:22 PM

i really hope we can get 2 or 3 UFA's in and ive a funny feeling that we have a trade lined up as well.

if i hear sunday night, 'we like our team and the price was too high,its off to the Griffins for me!!

no i honestly feel we are going to see the biggest roster movements we have seen in several years.
"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#29 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:20 PM

I predict Nashville will sign Gustad to a 4 year 13M deal.
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#30 Legendary D In 03

Legendary D In 03

San Diego Wings Fan!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:39 PM

I have a feeling we won't get any big names. I'd do anything for Parise, Suter, Semin, and Garrison, but I just don't see any of those happening, realistically.
A complex man drawn off of simplicity.

#31 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,642 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:53 PM

I see Suter coming here for sure....others are up in the air. Holland will need to fill at least ONE top 6 role. I am still hoping for a Nash trade, but we all know the list of UFA's for plan's B - Zzz. Most important is Suter hands down, bar none, the juckf****** pott...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#32 Vladiator

Vladiator

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:54 PM

Hoping for another Christmas in July like we had in 2001. Suter, Parise and Doan would pretty much do that.

#33 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:16 PM

I see Suter coming here for sure....others are up in the air. Holland will need to fill at least ONE top 6 role. I am still hoping for a Nash trade, but we all know the list of UFA's for plan's B - Zzz. Most important is Suter hands down, bar none, the juckf****** pott...

As am I. Put Nash on Datsyuk's line all year and he's a 50+ goal scorer. He's making $7.8 mil, but its looking like Parise is going to cost that much and Nash is a much better goal scorer than Parise. Plus, I think a trade like this would really shake up this franchise which really hasn't changed since winning the Cup in '08. Sometimes a shake up is needed. We lost Dino Ciccarelli, Keith Primeau and Paul Coffey in one off season who were big parts of our success and just added Brendan Shanahan, but that was a needed shake up that gave more ice time to guys like Draper, McCarty and Lapointe that made us different to play against and a better playoff ready team and we went on to win back to back Cups.

Edited by xtrememachine1, 30 June 2012 - 09:17 PM.

#34 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,850 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:32 PM

I don't think Holland has the option of his "we're happy with what we've got" or "re-signing Helm was our free agent day pick-up" cliché crap this year because the team as it stands now won't make the playoffs. For once, he can't just sit on his hands and complain about everything being overpriced.

There's no such thing as overpriced. Salaries have gone up as the cap has hyperinflated and other teams are managing to sign top players and be competitive so it's no excuse. There are no excuses, they've all run out.

Make or break tomorrow. It should be exciting, at the very least.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#35 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:04 PM

Sounds about right, IMHO - though I'd change Semin to Parise, because I think we have as good a shot as any club with him, and I don't really like the idea of hoping for Semin.

Smokie?!

I just feel like parise will resign him. I know they have money problems but I think they'll find a way to get it done.

Gustavsson. Chyeaa

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#36 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:12 PM

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=636592

Report: Flyers, Jackets discussing possible Nash deal
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#37 BamaWing

BamaWing

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:55 PM

Suter - Detroit
Parise - Pittsburgh
Hudler - Los Angeles
Semin - Detroit
Jagr - Flyers
Schultz - Edmonton
Garrison - Detroit

Garrison, Semin, and Suter is a sexy offseason

Posted Image

#38 Vladiator

Vladiator

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:29 PM

I predict Nashville will sign Gustad to a 4 year 13M deal.

I guess Twitter and TSN helped with that prediction? Wow...$3.25 for a 4th liner. Is it just me, or are the other teams over paying just in order for the Wings to significantly over pay to get what they need/want. Gonna have to open the check book up this time Kenny.

#39 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:59 AM

Suter-Detroit
Parise-Detroit or New Jersey
Doan-Phoenix (I think he will retire here)
Jagr-Philadelphia

#40 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:11 AM

If Philly gets Nash they will have no need for Jagr. Then Jagr can go back and play with the pens and Mario can come out of retirement again to play with him.
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.