• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
AusWing40

Jonathan Bernier

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Requested a trade from the kings. Wants a starting role. Not sure what the kings would want for him.

Thoughts?

My thought is that he's not going to get a starting role here. Perhaps Columbus is interested.

Umm, not sure what to add. No way the Wings should be interested, Jimmy Howard is an elite goalie and we need a backup, not another starter.

I like Bernier, it makes sense that he wants out, he's got talent, he just couldn't beat Quick who emerged as one of the best goalies in the league.

I don't even know if the Wings need to add another goalie, Joey Mac played well enough last season. Wouldn't mind Clemmenson though just for competition sake.

I'd love to have Bernier to play 1/3 to 1/2 of the games this season and let him and howard compete. Its obvious he is truly a backup behind Quick, but in Detroit that wouldn't be so cut and dry. Trade whichever one doesn't perform for big assets at the end of the year. Howard is good, but he isn't a top 5 goalie in the league. Lundqvist, Rinne, Quick are all leagues above and there are a few other good ones like Smith, Fleury, Lehtonen and Miller that are quality and around Howard's talent. On HF they are suggesting he would cost a young player or prospect and a 1st likely. I'd do it. Goalies are hard to come by and can fetch some quality assets from desperate teams. Most teams that want a starter don't consider Bernier ready, and so he may be available to a team with decent but not outstanding goaltending. I dunno, I'm just kicking tires and waiting for tomorrow.

Its obvious he is truly a backup behind Quick, but in Detroit that wouldn't be so cut and dry.

Yes, yes it would. Howard was a top 5 goalie in every category in 09-10. In a injured season last year he was 6th in wins, 6th in GAA and top 10 in SV%

Most importantly he's not getting paid much, and won't demand much. We need all the money/prospects we can spend to better the team in front of the goalie.

I don't get the doubt on Jimmy, he has been a rock for us and more then answered the bell on a few occasions and now as he enters his prime we replace him? Doesnt make any sence at all. Our tandem of Howard and Gusto shapes up to look like a good one. Then again I thought that abount conks too...

Edited by 13dangledangle

ummm interesting we dont need bernier , BUT if we have anything l.a needs he can be used as trade bait to then land rick nash ;)

agreed to an extent: LA will want young prospects and a high pick likely seeing as their roster is pretty well set. only thing is our hand is forced because we already have jimmy and gus signed so teams will know we are looking to move him right away.

agreed to an extent: LA will want young prospects and a high pick likely seeing as their roster is pretty well set. only thing is our hand is forced because we already have jimmy and gus signed so teams will know we are looking to move him right away.

so???? thats how a 3 way deal works? give l.a what they want and then do a side trade