• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingedfan13

D Justin Schultz signs with Oilers

Rate this topic

Honestly, of all the other teams who were in the mix for him, I'm cool with him signing in Edmonton. It might be too much for me to hear the Toronto or Vancouver fans brag about getting Schultz. Lots of guys have snubbed the Oilers over the years because of the weather/management/etc...

Well, he went there because of all the young top draft picks to have a great team in a few years...too bad by time these kids learn to win they will be commanding salaries that will price themselves out of Edmonton....Have a great career Schultz! Sorry your umbilical cord doesn't reach any further than Alberta!

Good for the Oilers, but they still need at least one solid veteran on the blueline to have a chance at the playoffs.

well, they need way more than that. Something that cannot be signed or traded for without heavily affecting what they call a bright future. Expierence. Their lineup is full of teenagers....

Edited by RusDRW

Saw this coming, especially when Gretzky and Paul Coffey visited Schultz at his house to convince him to sign with the Oilers. I don't know how the team pulled that off...

I hope EDM fans don't expect the world from him right away. Kid might be good but with the way this has played out those fans might be expecting way too much from him so soon.

Ducks must be pissed that they are losing a prospect so soon and they won't get anything in return.

Edmonton is stacked with a lot of good young quality talent so it was very fitting for Schultz to go there. Oilers need to start having some success soon with these young stars. I don't really care if they do or not since the only Canadian team I like is Montreal but with all the 1st Overall Picks the Oilers have had in the past 3 drafts and with this signing it seem they'd need to do something in the near future to make all this worth it.

Edmonton should sign Hudler first thing in the morning to add that veteran leadership.

Schultz will learn the art of loosing there for a few years. That would be great for his NHL experience.

Having Hudler there will also teach him how to suck.

Edited by arag

:lol:

Not completely the same thing as the Penner situation, but does anyone else find it more than a little ironic that Anaheim lost another promising prospect to Edmonton? Sure, they could've lost Shultz to anyone, but it's funny to me that it turned out to be Edmonton. If Burkie was still soaking up the sun in Anaheim, we'd definitely have that barn fight between him and Lowe.

Anyway, definitely cannot say the kid went where the money was or wanted to ride the coat-tails of an already contending team. Seems he simply wanted to be apart of a young, fast, talented team with the potential (until they make any noise in the playoffs, that's all it is) to be the next great team built through consistent losing and high draft picks.

It seems odd to me he signed a 2-year deal. Isn't a 3-year deal pretty much a given when it comes to max entry level deals?

Edited by WhiteLightning91

Guest Johnz96

Schultz already has 4 goals to go along with 2 helpers, in his first 4 games with the Barons. Interestingly, Nugent Hopkins only has 2 assists and Eberle only 1 goal in the first 4 games.

It's funny that one of Schultz's priorities was signing with a team that wouldn't send him to the minors

Edited by Johnz96

Schultz already has 4 goals to go along with 2 helpers, in his first 4 games with the Barons. Interestingly, Nugent Hopkins only has 2 assists and Eberle only 1 goal in the first 4 games.

It's funny that one of Schultz's priorities was signing with a team that wouldn't send him to the minors

It's not exactly sending down to the minors when it's simply the only way hes going to play hockey in N/A. I believe he is also a +2. I haven't seen any footage of his gameplay, but heard it's pretty decent and he'll must likely run the powerplay with the oilers. I still will wait until he's performing against the best for me to pass judgement on him. Currently, he's just simply playing the same ol hockey he was used to.

Guest Johnz96

It's not exactly sending down to the minors when it's simply the only way hes going to play hockey in N/A. I believe he is also a +2. I haven't seen any footage of his gameplay, but heard it's pretty decent and he'll must likely run the powerplay with the oilers. I still will wait until he's performing against the best for me to pass judgement on him. Currently, he's just simply playing the same ol hockey he was used to.

The AHL is a big step up from college