• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Ilitch, Chelios to fly to Suter, Holland to fly to Parise

Rate this topic

That would be awesome. Best person to send really. Only problem is he technically doesn't work for the organisation so he probably can't be involved in influencing a decision one way or another. Heck if I saw him coming up my drive though as a FA, I'd sign the darn contract before he even made it to the door

Neither does Gretzky for the Oilers but he called Schultz for them. Sign Howe to a one day contract every year, July 1st.

I wish Nick would have went with Chelios and Illitch. No one would respect the opinions of Lidstrom more than a guy like Suter. Nick certainly doesn't owe us anything but it would have been a great farewell gesture.

Another person we should hire as our ambassador.

I wonder how much of an impact Chelios's relationship with Gary will be.

Won't matter, Chelios is going to ride up there on a horse in full cowboy gear all City Slickers style with Ilitch riding shotgun like good ol' Curly. They'll just lasso Suter and take him back to Red Bird II.

One thing = winning? So maybe Billy Crystal is Suter? :lol:

This is going to be a long day.... I'm already shot.

Guest blueadams

I wish I could have been there when Maltby volunteered to go along with Holland to see Parise.

"No, Kirk, you have an even more important job - to stay here and guard Joe Louis."

Edited by blueadams

from ansar

Wings owner Mike Ilitch originally planned on going to Madison to meet with Ryan Suter but Suter not meeting face to face with teams.

So Ilitch will join contingent that includes Ken Holland Mike Babcock to meet with Parise and agents near Toronto.

I am watching the NHL network and they just stated that the Wings aren't flying out to pursue Parise in person, still going to pitch an offer but no face to face! Didn't say why however. That pisses me off.

do you think this is because presentation not needed as Parise is already set for Detroit?

Last minute change.... Ken Holland will not meet personally with Zach Parise... not a good sign. Word has it that Pittsburgh wants Parise playing with Crosby. Crosby is friends with Parise and called him personally.

As of Sunday, 1:35pm.

do you think this is because presentation not needed as Parise is already set for Detroit?

I sure as hell hope that is the reason!!!!! I don't understand why they would back out last minute unless they knew they had a 80% + chance of signing him.

Why does it piss you off? Parise said he doesn't want to meet face to face with suitors. Don't get mad just to get mad.

Well considering I didn't know/hear that Parise didn't want to meet face to face is the reason I was pissed. Didn't make sense why Wings and co. wouldn't meet up with him. With that being said then I am not mad seeing as it wasn't the wings choice.

Just heard on NHL Network, apparently no teams are visiting Parise. Do not want a situation like last year with Brad Richards. Also, Parise wants $12-million signing bonus, as well as $12-million the first year of deal.

Zach Parise wants $24 million in signing bonus! This guy is becoming way over priced.

THAT'S 63 PERCENT OF THE PHOENIX COYOTES CURRENT PAYROLL!!!

I'd rather target defenseman Ryan Suter and Jason Garrison.

I'd stay in the Parise bidding just to jack up the price for Pittsburgh.