• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Ilitch, Chelios to fly to Suter, Holland to fly to Parise

Rate this topic

meet with Parise in Toronto, according to Ansar Khan

"Owner Mike Ilitch and team advisor Chris Chelios were scheduled to fly to Madison, Wis., to meet with Suter at his farm, and Holland is expected to be in Toronto to meet with Parise and his agents, according to a source."

Nice!

http://www.mlive.com...y-cap_spac.html

general manager Ken Holland said. “Do we need to make a major splash? I don't think so.''

Say what?!

“Do we need to make a move or two on July 1? Absolutely,'' general manager Ken Holland said. “Do we need to make a major splash? I don't think so.''

Edited by Trapt1307

Not gonna get too excited, but this does confirm through all the speculation and rumors that we really are going to make a run to sign both of these guys.

I'll still stand firm in my prediction that we land Suter and Parise resigns as a devil, but we will know more in a couple days. I doubt a deal will be done with either player tomorrow, i'm assuming they are gonna take more than a day to think about their future destination.

general manager Ken Holland said. “Do we need to make a major splash? I don't think so.''

Say what?!

I think its just talk... If he didn't want to make a major splash, he wouldnt be headed to Toronto and Illitch/Cheli would not be headed to Madison. Kenny knows he has tons of cap space. He did not become the best GM in the business by being stupid. I trust Ken Holland!

First time I ever heard us sending out a contingent of people to woo free agents. This must be serious. Why don't we send Gordie Howe?

That would be awesome. Best person to send really. Only problem is he technically doesn't work for the organisation so he probably can't be involved in influencing a decision one way or another. Heck if I saw him coming up my drive though as a FA, I'd sign the darn contract before he even made it to the door

First I get ICS on my phone finally then I hear this good news. Hopefully they sign here.

Sounds like you have a Razr, I've been rocking ICS since January on my Nexus!

On topic, it would be a dream to land both, but like many I want Suter first as we have talent up front.

in regards to parise....

Adrian Dater via twitter: Dater thinks the Wings will go $100 million.

12-13 years, 100 million I think is fair for him considering his age and consistency. While I'm not a big fan of long term, stretched out contracts, in his case I think it's necessary. Other, more streaky players on the other hand......(*cough* *cough* FRANZEN *cough*cough*)

I don't want to get my hopes up too much, but at the same time I'm very confident that we'll be getting both of these great players today. I'm confident enough to where I have a buddy ready to make me their jerseys as soon as they are signed and will have them by tomorrow night. I'll be bummed for a day or two if we don't get both, but obviously not putting any blame towards the Wings brass.

I don't want to get my hopes up too much, but at the same time I'm very confident that we'll be getting both of these great players today. I'm confident enough to where I have a buddy ready to make me their jerseys as soon as they are signed and will have them by tomorrow night. I'll be bummed for a day or two if we don't get both, but obviously not putting any blame towards the Wings brass.

Got samples of is handiwork anywhere?