• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#41 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,380 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:50 PM

Considering it's my birthday, I'm estatic about this news. Come on DRW, lets get back to the top of the Western Conference.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope you (we) get everything you (we) wished for.

Maybe we should have sent D-Mac and Kocur with our delegations to cut off that pesky Lemieux.

#42 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,246 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:58 PM

Whether we sign either of them or not, you can't say they're not trying, and that's all we can ask at this point.

Honestly, I think our slight decline (for lack of a better word) will work in our favor. There's more ice time and room for these players to be a huge part of the team now, and everyone knows Detroit treats their players well. It just depends really on what these guys are looking for and whether we can give it to them or not.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#43 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,380 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:01 PM

HERE WE GO! LETS GO, LETS GO, LETS GO!!!

#44 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:46 AM

Maybe we should also send Carrie Millbank and Karen Newman with Holland and Alyonka Larionov with Illitch and Chelios.

Lol that's too funny.

#45 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:53 AM

from ansar

Wings owner Mike Ilitch originally planned on going to Madison to meet with Ryan Suter but Suter not meeting face to face with teams.

So Ilitch will join contingent that includes Ken Holland Mike Babcock to meet with Parise and agents near Toronto.

#46 jroc86

jroc86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:54 AM

On TSN their saying Illitch, Babs, and Holland are in talks with Parise's people in Mississauga. Just Chelios going to visit Suter today?

#47 nosyt612

nosyt612

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:15 PM

On tsn they said Suter has requested teams don;t come meet him in person, he's fine doing it over the phone.

#48 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,960 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:29 PM

They should make him an offer he cannot refuse.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#49 Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

First Line Center

• PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:35 PM

According to Pierre Lebrun the Wings are no longer meeting with Parise face to face, though they are still very interested.

Posted Image

#50 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:36 PM

I am watching the NHL network and they just stated that the Wings aren't flying out to pursue Parise in person, still going to pitch an offer but no face to face! Didn't say why however. That pisses me off.

Posted Image

#51 WingsFanInSyracuse

WingsFanInSyracuse

Enforcer

• Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:36 PM

TSN just said that the Wings are not sending anyone to meet with Parise in person.

#52 FifeHockeyNut

FifeHockeyNut

Rookie

• Pip
  • 170 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:37 PM

I am watching the NHL network and they just stated that the Wings aren't flying out to pursue Parise in person, still going to pitch an offer but no face to face! Didn't say why however. That pisses me off.

do you think this is because presentation not needed as Parise is already set for Detroit?

#53 MrBest7

MrBest7

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:40 PM

Last minute change.... Ken Holland will not meet personally with Zach Parise... not a good sign. Word has it that Pittsburgh wants Parise playing with Crosby. Crosby is friends with Parise and called him personally.

As of Sunday, 1:35pm.

#54 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:41 PM

do you think this is because presentation not needed as Parise is already set for Detroit?

I sure as hell hope that is the reason!!!!! I don't understand why they would back out last minute unless they knew they had a 80% + chance of signing him.

Posted Image

#55 Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

First Line Center

• PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:41 PM

Not as worried about loosing Parise as I am about Suter, we NEED Suter, getting Parise would be nice, but there are other options available.

Posted Image

#56 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:43 PM

Why does it piss you off? Parise said he doesn't want to meet face to face with suitors. Don't get mad just to get mad.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#57 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:46 PM

Why does it piss you off? Parise said he doesn't want to meet face to face with suitors. Don't get mad just to get mad.

Well considering I didn't know/hear that Parise didn't want to meet face to face is the reason I was pissed. Didn't make sense why Wings and co. wouldn't meet up with him. With that being said then I am not mad seeing as it wasn't the wings choice.

Posted Image

#58 redwings15

redwings15

Rookie

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:54 PM

I love me some Karen Newman

#59 lidstromfan5

lidstromfan5

The reason why God invented Speed Limits!

• PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:12 PM

Just heard on NHL Network, apparently no teams are visiting Parise. Do not want a situation like last year with Brad Richards. Also, Parise wants $12-million signing bonus, as well as $12-million the first year of deal.
I hate People who have a signature.

#60 MrBest7

MrBest7

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:16 PM

Zach Parise wants $24 million in signing bonus! This guy is becoming way over priced.
THAT'S 63 PERCENT OF THE PHOENIX COYOTES CURRENT PAYROLL!!!

I'd rather target defenseman Ryan Suter and Jason Garrison.

I'd stay in the Parise bidding just to jack up the price for Pittsburgh.