Ryan Suter zach parise Mike ilitch Chris Chelios Ken holland free agency

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#61 RedWingNation43

RedWingNation43

Give my page Red Wing Nation a like on Facebook

• 20 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:19 PM

Detroits offers are in for Suter and Parise according to LeBrun, now we play the waiting game
As a Future sports journalist, I wanted to make a fanpage for my favorite team to help me advance in the journalism field, so I'f you like my page, your getting me one step closer to my goal, Go Wings!!!!
http://www.facebook....150191961798719

#62 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:21 PM

Why does he need $12 million dollars up front?

#63 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:21 PM

Just heard on NHL Network, apparently no teams are visiting Parise. Do not want a situation like last year with Brad Richards. Also, Parise wants $12-million signing bonus, as well as $12-million the first year of deal.

I don't believe that. If that were true, he would be asking to be the highest paid player in the league. If that it true, then it's only about money and I'm no longer interested.
Do or do not. There is no try

#64 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:30 PM

Zach Parise wants $24 million in signing bonus! This guy is becoming way over priced.
THAT'S 63 PERCENT OF THE PHOENIX COYOTES CURRENT PAYROLL!!!

I'd rather target defenseman Ryan Suter and Jason Garrison.

I'd stay in the Parise bidding just to jack up the price for Pittsburgh.

Ilitch is a billionaire, no good reason not to offer both Suter and Parise the max in salary and bonuses the first couple years, so long as they keep the cap hits reasonable.

I don't believe that. If that were true, he would be asking to be the highest paid player in the league. If that it true, then it's only about money and I'm no longer interested.

Biggest UFA in the year with the highest cap. Richards got $24M in salary & bonuses for his first two years, no reason Parise wouldn't be higher with a higher cap.

#65 Wing Across The Pond

Wing Across The Pond

Gabriel's Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 744 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:33 PM

Great point by edi, would PIT offer Parise more than Crosby? Wont be as big a cap hit I'm sure but more annual salary this year? Don't see it happening

Posted Image

Check out my blog -The Heid-Out- a cynical mans take on everyday life

#66 Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

First Line Center

• PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:36 PM

Just heard on NHL Network, apparently no teams are visiting Parise. Do not want a situation like last year with Brad Richards. Also, Parise wants $12-million signing bonus, as well as $12-million the first year of deal.

No way, he may want a 12 million signing bonus but no way he is also asking for 12 million in salary, maybe 1-2 million. He wants the signing bonus so he is set in case of a lockout cause he would get that upfront.

Posted Image

#67 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:40 PM

Illitch gave the Tiger's Prince Fielder 212 million over 9 years. I think his pockets are deep enough to still sign Parise. Get it done wings! :D

Posted Image

#68 Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Starting Goaltender

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:45 PM

I wonder if Parise wants the signing bonus just for security against a possible salary rollback in the new Cba. No way he makes more than crosby.
[ Image violated Forum Guidelines. Please use images sixed 400x100 pixels or smaller. ]

Just playin Chris, you know I love you!

lilja is an icelandic pony
lilja is an average high girl with blond hair and very sexy
lilja is about the sweetest kitten we have raised here
lilja is the comatose victim of a questionable accident

#69 xBflinker

xBflinker

Prospect

• 44 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:14 PM

If I heard it right on TSN, apparently theres an offer for suter at 13 years around $100 million!! Didn't catch what they said exactly but that's what I thought I heard!

#70 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:21 PM

If I heard it right on TSN, apparently theres an offer for suter at 13 years around $100 million!! Didn't catch what they said exactly but that's what I thought I heard!

Yup thats what was said. They didn't say who offered it but they said a 13 year term around 100 million. Crazy!

Posted Image

#71 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:22 PM

Considering it's my birthday, I'm estatic about this news. Come on DRW, lets get back to the top of the Western Conference.

Happy Birthday, Bucko! Hope it's a great day all around!!

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#72 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:46 PM

I think something like this just shows what type of organization the Wings are and that we as fans are lucky to be a part of it. I really hope things work out for us. Getting these two would really bolster our chance of getting another Cup SOON and that really just what I want!!!! Bring Em Home Kenny!!!! Go Detroit Red Wings!!

#73 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:19 PM

@RealKyper is reporting Suter has picked Detroit. waiting for confirmation fingers crossed

#74 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,911 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:57 PM

McKenzie is saying no decision until tomorrow

Zach Parise's decision will not come until tomorrow. Has narrowed the field to a select group and will decide Monday.

https://twitter.com/#!/TSNBobMcKenzie

#75 Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

First Line Center

• PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:14 PM

@RealKyper is reporting Suter has picked Detroit. waiting for confirmation fingers crossed

They came back and said that this was a mistake and Suter HAD NOT picked his team, thought they have an "insider" who says he will. At least thats what DSN was posting on Facebook, so take it for what you will.

Posted Image

#76 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:19 PM

I also just read on Twitter/McKenzie that Parise has narrowed it down to the Wild, Flyers, Penguins, and Devils. Yeah, welll....... :angry2:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#77 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:33 PM

I also just read on Twitter/McKenzie that Parise has narrowed it down to the Wild, Flyers, Penguins, and Devils. Yeah, welll....... :angry2:

McKenzie never said that. Eklund and someone else misquoted him and McKenzie actually pointed it out.
-Elliot...does not panic.

#78 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:59 PM

McKenzie never said that. Eklund and someone else misquoted him and McKenzie actually pointed it out.

Anything Eklund is involved in you have to take with a grain of salt.

#79 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:12 PM

Thanks for clearing that up. I did see a re-quote a little later that included the Wings. Shoulda known better with Ekland...

#80 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,919 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:19 PM

I would be very surprised if we got Parise. We already have Dats, Z, and Franzen signed long term, so I'm not expecting another forward signed for more than 5 years, unless Franzen get traded. Plus I think we're ok at forward with Nyquist playing in Detroit all year.

Suter, I'd bet money he'll be a Wing next year.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons