• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Red Wings Sign G Jonas Gustavsson to 2-year deal, $1.5M/yr

Rate this topic

Gustafsson was in Toronto all year, not Winnipeg. Toronto traded his rights to Winnipeg in late June who did bugger all with it.

So Toronto don't get their draft pick in return now I assume.

However he had a crap team in front of him in Toronto too.

I like this signing. He seemed to have confidence issues in TO. I think that there is less pressure having Howard in front in Detroit. He is also a big bodied goaltender that can take away most of the net. If he's not on, at least he's huge.

Also, I wasn't interested in bringing in an old vet and having him out the next season.

You can blame the fans and the media there for his confidence issues. Leafs have some of the worst fans in Hockey, they are loyal but they are the most bi-polar fans. Instead of blaming Phaneuff for pinching into plays he has no business to and causing 2 on 1 chances all over the ice they blame Gustavsson for letting in the goal and start booing him off the ice. Im hoping Leafs get stuck with Reimer and Scrivens as there goaltenders and just bomb the season.

Anyways, good signing for Wings. He's a big goaltender (6'4 I believe) and is fast at moving laterally. Good backup.

Edited by darkmanx

Guest Johnz96

What a waste of cap space. MacDonald is better and there are cheaper options who are better. (probably half of the goalies in the AHL).

Guest Johnz96

17-17-4/.902/2.92 behind a not so great Jets team. I'll take him over Conks any day of the week.

He never played for the Jets and I don't think he is any better than Conklin, I live in Toronto and saw a lot of him he is very inconsistent

What a waste of cap space. MacDonald is better and there are cheaper options who are better. (probably half of the goalies in the AHL).

Couldn't agree LESS. Macdonald is not a viable backup, he doesn't push Jimmy whatsoever and never will. Monster was 17-17-4 with gaa under 3 and save % over .900 last year for the worst team or one of in the league. He's only 27 and will actually push jimmy when he struggles. Great signing, absolutely no reason no to like this.

Hate it. Gustavsson's sucked since he came over. Couldn't hold a job for the Leafs. Joey MacDonald was amazing last year when needed. Nothing short of amazing. what happened to earning your spot?

Thank you for that lovely story of you not buying anything NHL and that you get red wing merchandise occasionally for free. Not sure what that has to do with the signing of monster or you trying to defend the city of Toronto which were the topics we were discussing but hey, what can I tell ya. Either way, I hate your city, love the the minimal risk signing for the wings and any wing fan who isn't afraid to pony up $20 for a wing hat or t-shirt would probably say the same about the acquisition of monster. That's enough of this for me, kind actually care about what the wings do today/tomorrow so I'll be responding to real red wing posts. That was fun tho, go marlies!

Both of you need to stop your little bitching-fest. Frankly, its getting quite annoying. This isn't a battle of the cities thread, but a thread about the Monster signing in Detroit. Com'on people!

This isn't the 70's. Every goalie seems to be 6'3 now.

Well I agree with you; that is the reason for his nickname.

I live in Toronto, the most bipolar and ungrateful fans I've ever come across are on Red Wings' forums.

He was worse than the defence in Toronto

I live in Toronto too, the most bipolar and ungrateful fans I've ever come across are Toronto Maple Leaf fans.

Gustavsson was better than the defense in Toronto.

Reimer and Scrivens will be the ones to blame this year. Everyone in Toronto knows that Alaire is the worst goaltending coach in the league, he doesn't let you adapt to your style instead he wants you to play his way.

Guest Johnz96

Thank you for that lovely story of you not buying anything NHL and that you get red wing merchandise occasionally for free. Not sure what that has to do with the signing of monster or you trying to defend the city of Toronto which were the topics we were discussing but hey, what can I tell ya. Either way, I hate your city, love the the minimal risk signing for the wings and any wing fan who isn't afraid to pony up $20 for a wing hat or t-shirt would probably say the same about the acquisition of monster. That's enough of this for me, kind actually care about what the wings do today/tomorrow so I'll be responding to real red wing posts. That was fun tho, go marlies!

I'm a Griffs fan