• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

Nash to Detroit?

Rate this topic

Wings Putting Together MEGA Nash Deal..Parise close? As I rpeorted a few days ago, the Wings were going to get in on Nash big time and now I am hearing they have. However, I was also told they wouldn't go to Nash unless Parise was off the market...Is Parise off the market?

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/boards/thread.php?thread_id=99506&forum_id=73

This is kind of crazy! If they are going hard for Nash then that probably means Parise is out. I would love Nash on the Wings but kind of afraid of what we'd have to give up. Hopefully we could give them Franzen in the deal and keep Flip, but most likely would be Flip going, plus Nyquist, plus Ouillet/Sproul/Jurco, plus every pick in next years draft lol, plus plus plus...Howson might even want Datsyuk and Zetterberg while were at it...getting nervous!

Would rather go after Bobby Ryan or Evander Kane...would be much cheaper and we'd be getting much younger!

I don't think it disqualifies us from Parise. They are probably doing due diligence so they don't get screwed if either one signs somewhere else. Or maybe a deal will be put together that will enable us to get both Parise and Nash (!)

If the rumor is true then it may be a move to pressure Parise but I doubt that would work anyway. It might just be a sign that Kenny isn't willing to handcuff the team to two players for twelve years; which I agree with. I'm more concerned about Suter and having something left to trade if they can't sign him.

I don't get this either Det feels like they are out of the bidding war for Parise and decided to go for Nash? with a 7.8 cap hit for Nash how can they not afford to out bid to get Parise as well and not trade way what we have? Whats being rumored is both Suter and Parise are in the 12yr 80-90mil range which 90mil I believe would be a 7.5mil cap hit avg. Something doesn't add up.

*edit

In all honest we have nothing to trade realistically that would be competative to other teams.

Edited by fixxxer

I don't think it disqualifies us from Parise. They are probably doing due diligence so they don't get screwed if either one signs somewhere else. Or maybe a deal will be put together that will enable us to get both Parise and Nash (!)

I would litterally s*** a brick if Kenny pulled that off.

I don't get this either Det feels like they are out of the bidding war for Parise and decided to go for Nash? with a 7.8 cap hit for Nash how can they not afford to out bid to get Parise as well and not trade way what we have?

It could have nothing to do with being outbid. It could be that Holland thinks for the cap hit Nash is better than what Parise would cost.

Nash probably will be a better cap hit. Its interesting though because if we trade a couple guys like Franzen and Filppula, they're combined salaries, would make taking on Nash's contract a wash, leaving us with about as much cap space as we have now. So potentially, we could still be in the running for Parise and Suter if that were the case. However, we'd be still thin at defense if we got all three and have very little cap space left if that happend. Still it'd be fun!