• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mtuhockey7

Still no decision from Suter. Speculation abounds.

Rate this topic

Listen, I understand this is a big decision, but come on, this is getting utterly ridiculous.

Did these guys seriously not realize they were going to get offers from every fuchin team? Forget about all the other UFA millionaires out there waiting on these two descisions so they can sign with a club and make their family adjustments - what about the fans?

I took today off just so I could sit in front of a computer all day and wait out a couple decisions (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) and what have a got? I'm cranky as s*** because I'm running on too little sleep and too much caffeine, my wife is upset because I've just been sitting around the house and now I need a new F5 key!

Parise makes a statement that there's a statement coming...just not soon and probably not today?

Suter is even worse! I know he's made a list, how could you not? He has had at least 6 weeks since his season ended - this is your career dips*** - you could have done your due dillegence and researched the teams/cities/schools or whatever questions you had well in advance of July 1. Lazy fuch!

I hate that I care about this so much, but I can't help it. For the love of GOD, somebody do something!

They knew every team was gonna throw ridiculous contracts at them. They must be waiting to see where other UFA's sign and how the teams that want them are going to change for the better or for worse. Plus, the firepower that is Jiri Hudler is in Calgary now so I think that suddenly puts Calgary in the race...

I thought Parise said he would have a decision by today...guess not. My gut tells me that well most likely sign Suter and that Parise will end up in Pittsburgh, ick.

Unless the Pens make a major trade they do not have the cap space to sign both.

I think it's a little weird that two of the best free agents that are supposedly friends and are both taking there time. I'm starting to think they really are in this together. I'll call it, I think they are gonna go to the same place wherever that may be.

I'm also annoyed that millionaires such as these guys are taking so long in making there decisions. The only reason I see why they are doing it is so that their former team will move on from them so that they won't get blamed for leaving and can place blame on the organization instead.

It's a crazy theory I know but what else could it be.

Bruce Garrioch via twitter: The Predators offered Filip Kuba a similar deal to the one he took from the Panthers.

This was posted a while ago. Does it confirm the obvious that the preds have given up hope and suter isn't resigning?

Well let's give them some time. People basically have to keep in mind, such decisions are affecting families, friends and all that too.

I get a feeling both want to play for the same team if so, this would be good for us, but it's just that speculation. People taking days off just for some millionaire decision only have themselves to blame.

As much as I'd love Suter coming my life wont change either way, so lets cool down a bit and hope for the best.

There is really no need to calkl them out for taking such a signing seriously.

Should they go to Pittsburgh it means Letang and Malkin avaiable next year, not to bad!

Edited by frankgrimes

Maybe the offers they are still considering are different enough from each other (salary, term, rosters, lifestyle) that it's not an easy decision. This is not a Schultz situation where every team basically had no choice but to offer exactly the same deal. Cut them some slack if they want a few more days to decide.

If Suter is waiting for ZP to make his decision first and then see if he wants to follow ... I've just lost some respect for Suter. Make up your own damn mind, why the hell do you have to follow Parise? He is not your older brother, you're not twins, this isn't the Staal saga or the Schenn thing ... you decide first and make him follow you. Seriously, you are more coveted than ZP. A stud defenceman is >>> than a power forward, there is Nash, Ryan but no one else in your league.

Edited by RedWingsRox

Unless the Pens make a major trade they do not have the cap space to sign both.

Are we sure about this? I know minnesota has cap space an so do we. It really looks like they want to go to the same team. So what's the competition for teams to sign both?

I'm also annoyed that millionaires such as these guys are taking so long in making there decisions. The only reason I see why they are doing it is so that their former team will move on from them so that they won't get blamed for leaving and can place blame on the organization instead.

It's a crazy theory I know but what else could it be.

Oh I don't know, because maybe it's potentially a $100+ million dollar decision. When was the last time you made one of those? Also, they're choosing where they will be playing their prime years and maybe the rest of their careers. They are also gambling with their chances of winning a Stanley Cup and deciding which team mates they want to try and do it with. Oh yeah, you might need a couple of days to decide what city you want to be contractually obligated to live in for the next decade of your life. I mean, I would even need some time to think that over and I'm getting paid way less than league minimum, haha.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-on-hockey/19465599/not-ready-ryan-suter-will-take-free-agency-process-to-a-third-day

Stop the presses! No really, stop the presses. The NHL's free-agency frenzy has officially ground to a halt.

This year's top free agent, Zach Parise, announced Monday that he wasn't ready to make a decision on where he'll sign. Well you can say the same for the top defenseman available and, for some, the best player out there, Ryan Suter.

Like Parise, Suter has entertained offers from the biggest buyers in free agency since the clock hit noon ET on Sunday. And, like Parise, Suter isn't ready to make a decision. Unlike Parise, Suter is sitting at home in Wisconsin instead of at his agent's office near Toronto. Still, his agent spoke up on Monday for Suter, who is much more of a quiet type.

1russosm.jpg_normal.JPG

Michael Russo

@
Russostrib

Neil Sheehy on Ryan Suter: There will be no decision tonight and there is no timetable for his contract signing at this time (cond)

1russosm.jpg_normal.JPG

Michael Russo

@
Russostrib

(cond Sheehy): "Ryan is considering his opportunities and is taking the necessary time to give each proper consideration."

Those tweets come courtesy of Michael Russo of the
Minneapolis Star-Tribune
. Why Minnesota? Well because the
are one of the teams making a push for Suter and Parise. They have money to spend and a roster that needs some sprucing, so they're going big.

It appeared for a bit Sunday night that the bidding for Suter was over, and he was going to sign with Detroit. But that report appeard premature. Although many have believed for months that the
were the favorite to sign Suter away from the
, it didn't happen or wasn't all that close to happening. If it were, he would have signed the deal by now.

Once again, like Parise, Suter has every right to take his time on a big career decision. Sure, it might be stopping all of the next-level players from making their decisions, but it's a pretty important call to make in one's life.

It led to Justin Bourne of the Backhand Shelf blog to
-- well, expand on an idea brought forth by Elliotte Friedman of the CBC. It's not often that its suggest the NHL emulate the NBA, but the Association might have it right with the way it handles free agency.

With the new CBA being negotiated this summer, something has to change. There's no reason guys shouldn't be allowed to hear everyone out in a manner more thorough than speed dating, and sit down with the people most important to them, and think.

I'm buying it. It makes a ton of sense for a negotiation-only period where players can hear the offers and then mull them over. It might take away from the excitement of Day 1 of free agency, but it might also help GMs save themselves from themselves.

In the NBA, teams can talk to players for a period of time before they can sign. It avoids situations like this and gives players time to consider their options without the pressure or silly criticism that they're taking too long.

Rarely does Day 3 of NHL free agency have the biggest moves, but if decisions from Suter and Parise come down Tuesday, that's what we'll be looking at.

From the Twitter gibberish above.

It appeared for a bit Sunday night that the bidding for Suter was over, and he was going to sign with Detroit. But that report appeard premature. Although many have believed for months that the Red Wingswere the favorite to sign Suter away from the Predators, it didn't happen or wasn't all that close to happening. If it were, he would have signed the deal by now.

Nice one-way journalism. If Holland was out of the Suter sweepstakes he’d have signed Carle, Rozsival, or Salvador by now.

Are we sure about this? I know minnesota has cap space an so do we. It really looks like they want to go to the same team. So what's the competition for teams to sign both?

Pens have 10 million in space right now. We have 16.8. Before the start of the season, teams can overspend by 7mil... Giving both wings and pens chance to grab both, although it's far more realistic for us.

With just Suter we look okay...

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Damien Brunner ($1.350m)

Danny Cleary ($2.800m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Mikael Samuelsson ($3.000m)

Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)

Jan Mursak ($0.550m) / Drew Miller ($0.838m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Ryan Suter ($7.500m) / Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Ian White ($2.875m)

Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Kyle Quincey ($3.250m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) /

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP:
$70,200,000;
CAP PAYROLL:
$63,583,712;
BONUSES:
$462,500

CAP SPACE (23-man roster):
$6,616,288

Preferably we would sign Semin and Trade for a top end forward (Nash/Ryan). But I'm preparing myself to see this.

With just Suter we look okay...

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Damien Brunner ($1.350m)

Danny Cleary ($2.800m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Mikael Samuelsson ($3.000m)

Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)

Jan Mursak ($0.550m) / Drew Miller ($0.838m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Ryan Suter ($7.500m) / Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Ian White ($2.875m)

Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Kyle Quincey ($3.250m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) /

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP:
$70,200,000;
CAP PAYROLL:
$63,583,712;
BONUSES:
$462,500

CAP SPACE (23-man roster):
$6,616,288

Preferably we would sign Semin and Trade for a top end forward (Nash/Ryan). But I'm preparing myself to see this.

With all due respect...that top-6 makes me want to cry. In a bad way.

We HAVE to get suter... If we don't get Parise I think holland will trade for Nash or Ryan... Holland seems like getting a big top 6 player is going to be a priority and once these clowns decide where to sign then holland can make some moves

I hate Twitter's popularity in times like thius because everyone thinks they're Bob McKenzie. All the Twitter nonsense aside, im still hopeful we at least get Suter AND a scoring winger in some fashion or another.