• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mtuhockey7

Still no decision from Suter. Speculation abounds.

Rate this topic

Great day so far.

-Inked a potential masked assasin in Brunner for peanuts

- the monster has a ton of untapped potential and with Bedard and our Swedish room, and limited playing time I think hell do great

-Sammy takes alllot of flack around here ... hes still got game. He had a terrible start last year because he had a severe adductor tear repaired. Big body, decent wheels, heavy shot ... yeah hes streaky, but what euro isnt?

-Tootoo - bargain of the day IMO. Imagine him and Adbelkader smashing dmen on the forecheck? Oh, and no more tootoo whistles in Nashville - thank f***!

If there was any question that Detroit was serious this off-season management has shown the fanbase and the free-agent pool that they arentf****** around. If Suter comes Ill be happy with what we've got BUT have a sneaking suspicion another big name top 6 fwd will follow him. Pretty pumped right now.

Well put. I admit, I think Samuelsson is an overpayment, and Tootoo kind of makes me noxious, but overall, we haven't missed out on the big fish yet, and some good depth signings. In the end, however, it all hinges on the big fish. The concern now is that these were not depth signings, but "instead of", "plan B", or "tweek" signings which Kenny has been doing the last few years.

Get Suter and one good scoring forward and I'll be content. Do that, and it could very well be the best off-season in a decade. Time will tell (and hopefully not too much time).

I really hope that his is not just a rumor and that Suter has decided to come to Detroit we NEED a big Defenseman. I really wanted both Parise and Suter but after the tragedy today I'll settle for just Suter. I just hope we hear something soon I really can't take much more of thise. If the post on here was correct and Parise is a Pen than I really need to go PUKE.

I almost hate saying this out loud, but to me, it sounds like Suter is coming to Detroit. Holland has made 3 forward signings and hasn't even hinted at a Defensemen. He wouldn't of missed out on Dmen today if he didn't have a feeling Suter was going to sign here. Just sounds like Holland has all his ducks in a row and Suter is on his way here. We still have a ton of cap space even if we throw the bank and Suter, which tells me Holland isn't done upfront either. Keeping cap space incase Parise comes here too. If not, than we have a ton of forwards and cap space we can use to make a trade for a top 6 guy. Possibly a Bobby Ryan or even a Nash trade if the price isn't to steep. Holland has put himself in a situation that allows him infinite possibilities.

Hope you are right. Love reading things that I tend to agree on, makes me feel more at ease.

I would love to get Nash but I don't know how we are going to pry him away from the kings ransom that Columbus wants for him. Are we trading away our entire future players?

Columbus had been horribly run, but over the past year the follies have really been scrutinized at a national and public level. The pressure is really on for their management to do something, which I suspect will lower the Nash price somewhat. Regardless he will be costly to acquire.

Like I said focus on suter. We can't afford to lose out on the best d in the market. We don't need parise if the cost is too high. Shift our focus to a sniper we can add with pavel. Semin. He's young. Big. Has huge upside and much cheaper then parise he IMO is not worth a hundred million dollar contract.

I almost hate saying this out loud, but to me, it sounds like Suter is coming to Detroit. Holland has made 3 forward signings and hasn't even hinted at a Defensemen. He wouldn't of missed out on Dmen today if he didn't have a feeling Suter was going to sign here. Just sounds like Holland has all his ducks in a row and Suter is on his way here. We still have a ton of cap space even if we throw the bank and Suter, which tells me Holland isn't done upfront either. Keeping cap space incase Parise comes here too. If not, than we have a ton of forwards and cap space we can use to make a trade for a top 6 guy. Possibly a Bobby Ryan or even a Nash trade if the price isn't to steep. Holland has put himself in a situation that allows him infinite possibilities.

Possibly a Bobby Ryan or even a Nash trade if the price isn't to steep. Holland has put himself in a situation that allows him infinite possibilities.

I would love to get Nash but I don't know how we are going to pry him away from the kings ransom that Columbus wants for him. Are we trading away our entire future players?

Guest Hatethedrake!

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Zach Parise ($7.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Mikael Samuelsson ($3.000m)

Danny Cleary ($2.800m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)

Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)

Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Drew Miller ($0.838m)

DEFENSEMEN

Ryan Suter ($7.000m) / Ian White ($2.875m)

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)

Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Kyle Quincey ($3.250m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $69,983,712; BONUSES: $37,500

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $216,288

Honestly, this is the only thing that makes sense at this point. Signing forwards like Holland did yesterday leads me to believe that he's out of the Parise sweepstakes and focusing on a multi-player trade for one big fish (I.E. Nash, Ryan). It's likely gotta be guys like Franzen and/or Fil that will be heading out the door to make it happen.

Coupled with Suter signing here and I'm more than happy with the offseason.

Sidenote: While Tootoo is a f***, he does bring a level of physicality that we've been missing for a while. Obviously, I would've loved for it to have been another tough guy that didn't play as dirty, but atleast Tootoo can chip in offensively.

As for Sammy, he's a poor-man's Hudler plug to fill out the roster when the aforementioned trade goes down.