Photo
- - - - -

Still no decision from Suter. Speculation abounds.

ryan suter free agency

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
174 replies to this topic

#21 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:14 PM

If Pens sign Parise, what are they gonna do when Malkin's contract is up. I for one think Parise is gonna sign here, providing Suter does, I think its gonna be a Kariya/Selanne Avs signing years ago kinda thing.

And if Parise goes to the Pens, then maybe he does wanna be in Crosby's shadow. We'll just steal Malkin when his contract ends, lol

If thats the case hopefully Suter and Parise don't play like Kariya and Selanne did when they were with Colorado! :bag:

Posted Image

#22 Jericho613

Jericho613

Give Nothing, Take Everything

• PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:28 PM

If thats the case hopefully Suter and Parise don't play like Kariya and Selanne did when they were with Colorado! :bag:

Oh Me too, i'm just saying I think that Suter and Parise would want to play on the same team

#23 jroc86

jroc86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:48 PM

Great day so far.
-Inked a potential masked assasin in Brunner for peanuts
- the monster has a ton of untapped potential and with Bedard and our Swedish room, and limited playing time I think hell do great
-Sammy takes alllot of flack around here ... hes still got game. He had a terrible start last year because he had a severe adductor tear repaired. Big body, decent wheels, heavy shot ... yeah hes streaky, but what euro isnt?
-Tootoo - bargain of the day IMO. Imagine him and Adbelkader smashing dmen on the forecheck? Oh, and no more tootoo whistles in Nashville - thank f***!

If there was any question that Detroit was serious this off-season management has shown the fanbase and the free-agent pool that they arentf****** around. If Suter comes Ill be happy with what we've got BUT have a sneaking suspicion another big name top 6 fwd will follow him. Pretty pumped right now.

#24 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:52 PM

Great day so far.
- the monster has a ton of untapped potential and with Bedard and our Swedish room, and limited playing time I think hell do great
-Sammy takes alllot of flack around here ... hes still got game. He had a terrible start last year because he had a severe adductor tear repaired. Big body, decent wheels, heavy shot ... yeah hes streaky, but what euro isnt?
-Tootoo - bargain of the day IMO. Imagine him and Adbelkader smashing dmen on the forecheck? Oh, and no more tootoo whistles in Nashville - thank f***!

If there was any question that Detroit was serious this off-season management has shown the fanbase and the free-agent pool that they arentf****** around. If Suter comes Ill be happy with what we've got BUT have a sneaking suspicion another big name top 6 fwd will follow him. Pretty pumped right now.

assuming we re-sign Abdelkader well have two actual physicial forwards and Tootoo can teach Abdelkader to not be a punching bag. I like the signing a lot

#25 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,742 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:04 PM

If Parise is leaning toward the Pens...well, it's his funeral.

Hell, Parise, Crosby, Malkin

Thats a hell of a line.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#26 EastonWings

EastonWings

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:13 PM

We outta just make a push for semin and suter. The wings will be improved with money.

Edited by EastonWings, 01 July 2012 - 11:18 PM.

#27 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:19 PM

assuming we re-sign Abdelkader well have two actual physicial forwards and Tootoo can teach Abdelkader to not be a punching bag. I like the signing a lot

And imagine Kronwall on the ice with them. Keep your head up!

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#28 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:31 PM

Great day so far.

Well put. I admit, I think Samuelsson is an overpayment, and Tootoo kind of makes me noxious, but overall, we haven't missed out on the big fish yet, and some good depth signings. In the end, however, it all hinges on the big fish. The concern now is that these were not depth signings, but "instead of", "plan B", or "tweek" signings which Kenny has been doing the last few years.

Get Suter and one good scoring forward and I'll be content. Do that, and it could very well be the best off-season in a decade. Time will tell (and hopefully not too much time).

#29 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:38 PM

I really hope that his is not just a rumor and that Suter has decided to come to Detroit we NEED a big Defenseman. I really wanted both Parise and Suter but after the tragedy today I'll settle for just Suter. I just hope we hear something soon I really can't take much more of thise. If the post on here was correct and Parise is a Pen than I really need to go PUKE.

#30 EastonWings

EastonWings

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:39 PM

Like I said focus on suter. We can't afford to lose out on the best d in the market. We don't need parise if the cost is too high. Shift our focus to a sniper we can add with pavel. Semin. He's young. Big. Has huge upside and much cheaper then parise he IMO is not worth a hundred million dollar contract.

#31 Hank Dats 'N Homer

Hank Dats 'N Homer

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:59 PM

I almost hate saying this out loud, but to me, it sounds like Suter is coming to Detroit. Holland has made 3 forward signings and hasn't even hinted at a Defensemen. He wouldn't of missed out on Dmen today if he didn't have a feeling Suter was going to sign here. Just sounds like Holland has all his ducks in a row and Suter is on his way here. We still have a ton of cap space even if we throw the bank and Suter, which tells me Holland isn't done upfront either. Keeping cap space incase Parise comes here too. If not, than we have a ton of forwards and cap space we can use to make a trade for a top 6 guy. Possibly a Bobby Ryan or even a Nash trade if the price isn't to steep. Holland has put himself in a situation that allows him infinite possibilities.

#32 fixxxer

fixxxer

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:02 AM

http://video.nhl.com...tid=3&id=183416

Did anyone happen to catch this at NHL.com

14mil in years 1 and 2 and 12 million signing bonus in years 1 and 2 ???? getting 26million in one year! WTF!?!?! Is this seriously the offers he's getting?

#33 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:04 PM

I almost hate saying this out loud, but to me, it sounds like Suter is coming to Detroit. Holland has made 3 forward signings and hasn't even hinted at a Defensemen. He wouldn't of missed out on Dmen today if he didn't have a feeling Suter was going to sign here. Just sounds like Holland has all his ducks in a row and Suter is on his way here. We still have a ton of cap space even if we throw the bank and Suter, which tells me Holland isn't done upfront either. Keeping cap space incase Parise comes here too. If not, than we have a ton of forwards and cap space we can use to make a trade for a top 6 guy. Possibly a Bobby Ryan or even a Nash trade if the price isn't to steep. Holland has put himself in a situation that allows him infinite possibilities.

Hope you are right. Love reading things that I tend to agree on, makes me feel more at ease.

Posted Image

#34 fixxxer

fixxxer

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:05 AM

Possibly a Bobby Ryan or even a Nash trade if the price isn't to steep. Holland has put himself in a situation that allows him infinite possibilities.

I would love to get Nash but I don't know how we are going to pry him away from the kings ransom that Columbus wants for him. Are we trading away our entire future players?

#35 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,885 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:09 PM

I would love to get Nash but I don't know how we are going to pry him away from the kings ransom that Columbus wants for him. Are we trading away our entire future players?

Columbus had been horribly run, but over the past year the follies have really been scrutinized at a national and public level. The pressure is really on for their management to do something, which I suspect will lower the Nash price somewhat. Regardless he will be costly to acquire.

#36 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:24 PM

They can't be completely ridiculous... The guy doesn't want to play there.. He will be dealt before the season starts to a teAm of his choosing.

#37 Yzermania

Yzermania

In it to win it like Yzerman.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:24 PM

I don't think Sammy is an overpayment, really. Hudler will probably get around 4 million and I'll take Sammy over him ANY day. That guy scores some timely goals.

#38 BamaWing

BamaWing

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:46 AM

Im ok with the signings so far. Just give me Suter and top 6 forward and I'll call this a success

I'm Also glad to have another righty for powerplay

Posted Image

#39 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:57 PM

So far I cant complain a bit of overpayment in some cases buth ey its UFA and Canada day so thats to be expected, but the real deciding factor will be if we get Ryan.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#40 Jericho613

Jericho613

Give Nothing, Take Everything

• PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:59 PM

Im ok with the signings so far. Just give me Suter and top 6 forward and I'll call this a success

I'm Also glad to have another righty for powerplay

yep I agree