• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mtuhockey7

Still no decision from Suter. Speculation abounds.

Rate this topic

With all due respect...that top-6 makes me want to cry. In a bad way.

what if you saw that roster now, then we landed Shea Weber and Jerome Iginla next year when they hit FA?

I'm not saying it has a chance in hell of happening, that this year wouldn't suck, or that it'll even be an option... I'm just saying it, because, well, it's July 2nd at 10:30 pm EST, we still don't have Suter, and what the hell else is there to talk about :)

I hate Twitter's popularity in times like thius because everyone thinks they're Bob McKenzie. All the Twitter nonsense aside, im still hopeful we at least get Suter AND a scoring winger in some fashion or another.

That's why at times like this you can pretty much only listen to McKenzie and Dreger.

Everyone else tries to break the story because they dont' have to worry about being wrong most of the time.

We need Suter for sure. But I don't think Holland will stand pat with the top 6. He has said that he is looking to make a trade, most likely for Nash. If you add Nash with Flip and Franzen's salary, you still have room for Semin as well. That would be a dream scenario, but I imagine they have something like this in mind. Parise isn't worth 10 million... not a chance.

I don't understand, why people are still thinking Twitter of the Crapbook are legit sources, just look at TSN or NHL.com to break things down.

Personally I have come to the conclusion != MacKenzie, Lebrun, Dreger or the players agency just ignore it.

If we are getting "only" Suter I'd be one happy camper but please no Semin, there have to be better Plan B options outthere.

No UFA is worth the money he will get, UFA fency = overpaying and personally I am absolutely fine with that, the cap will keep going up and we have money to spend so no worries here.

Edited by frankgrimes

Not so concerned about Parise, very concerned about Sutter. He has lots of options. However, the type of contract he is seeking (long & high value) Detroit is the only team (in the league) that has consistantly demonstrated the desire and ability to ice an above average team for more then 20 years. If I want to live close to my mid western home and have the best opportunity to win throughout the length of the loooooong contract how can a person not choose Detroit. On top of it playing for an original 6 team, in a hocky respectful marked with a national fan base that manages their team so that the burden of winning is spread through the whole team. They all risk success & failure together. Nobody is waiting around for the top producing players to win it. Everyone cares, everyone plays hard & they are over all decent people. How do you say no?

He can pick another destination. Who knows what his situational value is?

Well I don't think wings are such a shoe in like everyone thought or the deal would be done or holland would at least be meeting with him. Why would he wait for Parise to sign first? Detroit seems like the obvious choice but if he knew he was signing with Detroit he would have signed by now. If he would like to play with Parise but it's not a priority for him he would have signed with the wings and made Parise more likely to come over as well. It seems he wants to go wherever Parise goes and that's a ***** move

Everyone's waiting for Parise to sign ... getting him would mean not trading anyone to get a great caliber winger ... When his signed look for Nash's trade to come soon.

Not necessarily. If we have a top 6 guy coming in for free then we can afford to trade Fil and Franzen for Ryan + and get younger at the same time. That replaces Fil, Franzen with Parise, Ryan.

Suter, Nash & Semin....please...

That's what I'm hoping for as well.

I would love to see what Columbus would want from the Wings though. I can't see a trade that doesn't involve both Fil and Franzen, and probably Smith.

A core of Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Nash, Semin, Kronwall and Suter would be amazing.

Edited by Trapt1307

Hard to hold out hope for Parise when he apparently wants $10 million a year. Suter we need. They need to go all in and not let another team outbid them. Not sold on Semin but if they could offer him a 1 year deal for $5 million, a la Hossa, and see how the experiment works then I'm interested.

Hard to hold out hope for Parise when he apparently wants $10 million a year. Suter we need. They need to go all in and not let another team outbid them. Not sold on Semin but if they could offer him a 1 year deal for $5 million, a la Hossa, and see how the experiment works then I'm interested.

Although the thought of having Parise on the team makes me drool....

this team HAS to get Suter at the very least. Suter + 1 year experiment of Semin and I'll call it an offseason with that. I personally would like to sign one other bottom 6 center and trade some of ours for picks but that's just me.

The best thing for us is if Parise resigns or goes to some team that can't afford Suter as well. If he really wants 10M are there teams out there that can still pay for both of them or would they even want to? Even if he signs a huge contract in Pittsburgh that works out well for us. As long as we get Suter... who knows there's still a chance we can get both.

So has everyone written off Parise now?

Not at all. Remeber when the Wings signed Hossa? They weren't even really discussed as a possibility. Everyone here was hoping for Brian Roston and we ended up with Hossa.

If there's one thing that I've learned over the years it's to never count the Wings out when they're open about the fact that they're going to be aggressive in the FA and trade market.

Nobody really has a friggin clue where these guys are going to sign.

Not at all. Remeber when the Wings signed Hossa? They weren't even really discussed as a possibility. Everyone here was hoping for Brian Roston and we ended up with Hossa.

If there's one thing that I've learned over the years it's to never count the Wings out when they're open about the fact that they're going to be aggressive in the FA and trade market.

Nobody really has a friggin clue where these guys are going to sign.

Seconded. Speculation and rumours are speculation and rumours. Don't count us out of anything. :D Not yet.

That's one of the more sexy rosters I've seen in a long time.

I like it this way...

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Zach Parise ($7.500m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Bobby Ryan ($5.100m)

Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Mikael Samuelsson ($3.000m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Damien Brunner ($1.350m)

Justin Abdelkader ($1.000m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)

Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Ryan Suter ($7.500m) / Mark Giordano ($4.020m)

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)

Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Ian White ($2.875m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) /

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $70,612,045; BONUSES: $425,000

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $12,955

Edited by Bannedforlife

If we lose out on Suter, the free agent market is pretty bare.... not sure if we would try to add anyone there or maybe look at the trade route....

Matt Carle

Pavel Kubina

Michal Rozsival

Jeff Finger

Cam Barker

Carlo Colaiacovo

Randy Jones

Jim Vandermeer

Scott Hannan

Ryan Parent

Or possible trade route:

Keith Yandle

Dan Boyle

Douglas Murray

Paul Martin (don't want to help Pitt though)

Jack Johnson

NIcklas Grossman

If we miss out on suter, we can forget about trading for a forward, we will be flipping assets for a defenseman and signing Semin or grabbing the best bottom 6 talent we can get our hands on and trap trap trap.