• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mtuhockey7

Still no decision from Suter. Speculation abounds.

Rate this topic

Guest Hatethedrake!

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Zach Parise ($36.500m)

DEFENSEMEN

Ryan Suter ($35.400m)

GOALTENDERS

Al Sobotka ($0.099m)

Now this would wreck shop if we can work Toots into the line-up. :champs:

I really, really want Suter but not sure it's going to happen for happen for some reason. Semin I want to give a shot to but for a two year deal not one year. I dont want a Hossa esk situation to happen...

Comments like this make me so ANGRY! What is a "Hossa-esque" situation, exactly? You're telling me if Semin scored 40 goals in 74 games with excellent two-way play (as Hossa did), and we only had to commit money for one season, you'd be pissed?

Hossa was a mercenary. That was the whole POINT of signing him. If Nick Lidstrom's last second shot happens to sneak by M-A Fleury and the Wings happen to win that one Game 7 in overtime, what would you think of the 08-09 team then? Hossa had 6 G and 9 A in the '09 Playoffs and didn't miss a game even though his shoulder was completely shredded. Datsyuk missed several games, came back and had only 1 G and 8 A in 16 games, yet I've never heard one person call out Pavel for "disappearing" in the '09 Playoffs.

There have been great players that have played hard for this organization, only to have the fanbase poop all over them the second they're out the door. To varying degrees, the names Chevelade, Fedorov, Coffey, Primeau, Osgood (in '01, before he came back), Joseph, Legacy, and (the worst one) Fedorov all come to mind. It's not a prerequisite as a fan to smear every former Red Wing, yet it happens on this forum far too often.

Not every player can be Steve Yzerman or Nick Lidstrom. Some players are signed not to be career Red Wings, but to serve a very specific role for a short period of time. If Parise doesn't work out (seems unlikely to come here) and we address the defense with Suter or a trade, I'm at least willing to consider a reasonable deal for Semin as an option. He's not going to kill THIS coach. The Russians have a almost Larionov-like level of respect for Datsyuk (listen to Geno Malkin talk about him), whereas Ovechkin is viewed as a talented clown. Keep your options open.

Edited by StormJH1

Despite tons of a money there a so many other factors:

- Does my wife want to move

- How I am going along with the new teammates from some teams

- Can I still enjoy my privacy outside the rink

- How far away will my parents be

- How is the school system

- Would I get along with the coach

Just some questions from top of my head I think, it would take me a good amount of time (easily more than 5 days), figuring stuff out.

Sure we are ann Original Siix team with money but I'd rather stay pat, if we don't get Suter and save money for next year, to make a run for Weber and Getzlaf.

I like it this way...

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Zach Parise ($7.500m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Bobby Ryan ($5.100m)

Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Mikael Samuelsson ($3.000m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Damien Brunner ($1.350m)

Justin Abdelkader ($1.000m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)

Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Ryan Suter ($7.500m) / Mark Giordano ($4.020m)

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)

Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Ian White ($2.875m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) /

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $70,612,045; BONUSES: $425,000

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $12,955

I wouldn't hold your breath on that one. :P

Besides, I think you're light on what Abdelkader might be making next year.

Suter won't be an issue...13 years, frontloaded contract, #1 defenseman on the team, best defenseman in the league, multiple Norris Trophies while here... Suter will be a Red Wing...

Parise, ya, if we can land him too, super! But if not we could get Nash or Ryan along with Semin and possibly Meuller and things would be rockin!

I can see them taking their sweet time making the decision of a lifetime but you would think they could cull the herd a bit by this point. People keep saying that they have had only a couple of days to decide and thats BS both knew they were going to be a FA and that they would be able to pick their team. 80m or 100m does it mean anything at that point? Nope. Its about family and where do you want to play.

Suter won't be an issue...13 years, frontloaded contract, #1 defenseman on the team, best defenseman in the league, multiple Norris Trophies while here... Suter will be a Red Wing...

Parise, ya, if we can land him too, super! But if not we could get Nash or Ryan along with Semin and possibly Meuller and things would be rockin!

Here in the Minnesota media (and nationally, too, I guess), there seems to be this theory being accepted as fact that:

If Parise goes to Minnesota --> Suter also goes to Minnesota

But why? Because they're both from the Midwest? Because they played on the U.S. Olympic team? I don't get there could be so much analysis into what Parise wants and what's important to him (right down to discussion of his fiance), but because Suter has indicated he would wait a little bit, we assume that he might do what ever Parise does. How does that make any sense?!

If true, then the two top free agent on the market end up on a Wild team that missed the Playoffs by 14 points, for no reason other than that Parise happened to be born here. I refuse to accept that. Even if superstars in their mid-20's wanted to play for a rebuild (which they almost always don't), I have to think there are better young or rebuilding teams out there than MINNESOTA with money to sign one or both guys.

I can see them taking their sweet time making the decision of a lifetime but you would think they could cull the herd a bit by this point. People keep saying that they have had only a couple of days to decide and thats BS both knew they were going to be a FA and that they would be able to pick their team. 80m or 100m does it mean anything at that point? Nope. Its about family and where do you want to play.

That extra 20M means a lot to their agents I'm betting. And, make no mistake, these guys are in the ears of both Suter and Parise. Sort of like Wormtongue in The Two Towers.

Here in the Minnesota media (and nationally, too, I guess), there seems to be this theory being accepted as fact that:

If Parise goes to Minnesota --> Suter also goes to Minnesota

But why? Because they're both from the Midwest? Because they played on the U.S. Olympic team? I don't get there could be so much analysis into what Parise wants and what's important to him (right down to discussion of his fiance), but because Suter has indicated he would wait a little bit, we assume that he might do what ever Parise does. How does that make any sense?!

If true, then the two top free agent on the market end up on a Wild team that missed the Playoffs by 14 points, for no reason other than that Parise happened to be born here. I refuse to accept that. Even if superstars in their mid-20's wanted to play for a rebuild (which they almost always don't), I have to think there are better young or rebuilding teams out there than MINNESOTA with money to sign one or both guys.

Ya I'd do colorado if i wanted a young team that had money for both.

All the family s*** should've already been decided. Family preference, schools, etc are all things you can plan ahead for. The only thing to ponder on UFA day is money and actual contract crap which to me shouldn't take this long to go through unless you are going back and forth with teams trying to pump up the dollar figures. Any city they pick they'll be living in millionaireville with top schools so the family thing is a boools*** stall tactic. They knew all along which teams would really be in the running and have probably already reviewed those cities for "living" issues. If we are to believe they need time now to look at houses schools, etc then they are completely unprepared for UFA day IMO. GET ON WITH IT!!!!

esteef

It's pretty obvious they have a huge offer from some team they really didn't want to go to and are trying to decide if they think they can stomach the place enough to sell their asses to what they consider a s***hole for the remainder of their careers. If they wanted to play for a team that has a decent offer on the table they would have signed by now.

It's frustrating to wait, but I can understand them taking their time. They don't want to be in a Rick Nash-type situation 3 from now with a lame duck organization (potentially Devils and Wild). It's a big commitment, and considering those factors you'd think they would play even more into Detroit's favor -- even moreso than Pittsburgh, which has a massive Malkin contract looming in two years that will be much tougher to handle than Datyuk's expiring contract.

Guest Hatethedrake!

The biased Hawks blogger (jealous Wings hater) on Hockey Buzz says the Hawks are getting both players.

Wow, that's a "New Media" nugget of information.

All the reporters and pundits etc are trying to get information about possible suitors meeting with Suter, and then someone goes "outside the box" and finds a flight plan for a plane registered to the Red Wings parent company flying to Madison Wisconsin.

The plot thickens, ladies and gentlemen...