• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Matt

Red Wings Sign Mikael Samuelsson to 2-yr, $6m deal (w/full NTC)

Rate this topic

Not a big fan of the guy. Unless Homer is for sure retiring and he's taking his spot then I guess its ALRIGHT, but if this is any indication of not getting a big name forward then I am one sad, angry, and depressed man. I just think Sammy is all over the place. Holland just lovesssssssss bringing players back that didn't really do anything spectacular the first go around. Long as we get Suter and hopefully Parise , or trade for Ryan or something it wont be as bad. I just cringe at the thought of him saying well we added our "missing pieces" cause this dips*** isn't worth anything to complete the puzzle!

Samuelsson was very good value for the money his first go round. This time it seems unlikely he will be, unless he stays healthy and coming back to Detroit somehow rejuvenates him.

The shinguard assassin is back.

He's an improvement over Hudler in my opinion, uses his body better. We needed shooters, it makes sense to me. My only concern is health.

If he can stay healthy and match or beat Hudler's point totals, the team got better. But those are definitely two big questions.

I feel like this is to replace Hudler plain and simple. Holland is no way done and I still see us landing Suter and either Parise or Semin to round us out, or making a few moves if we miss out on them. People saying that this takes us out of the running for Parise or another top-six forward are just blowing this way out of proportion.

1. Why sign ANOTHER 35+ guy to a multi-year deal? Especially if health is a concern.

2. Why a no-trade clause????? Enough with these already! (Although, Holland doesn't realize you can actually trade players on your active roster.)

3. Why 3 million dollars per year????????? This guy is on the decline and should not get a raise over his last contract!

4. Why Mikael Fing Samuelsson??????????

I'm assuming this either means the Wings are going all-in for Nash and will need players like Samuelsson to fill roster spots because they're going to gut the roster, or they aren't getting Parise, Semin, or anyone else of any quality at all. Also, I bet this buries Nyquist at Grand Rapids for the year.

This is so stupid. I didn't expect much today, but I didn't think I'd get pissed off, either.

Geeze its not like we signed Commodore like last year, lol, granted the money is a bit much, but until this roster is set, people need to calm down. Detroit fans, can be some of the biggest fair weather fans of all major sports. Still a bunch of scenerios left for the Wings that can happen. Damn we could end up with Nash, Parise and Suter and you people would complain about not getting Bobby Ryan too.

This is just a joke on so many levels. 3 mil....for a guy who's been plagued with injury problems.......who's turning 36 this year....who has given no indication he can even manage over 15 goals anymore.....I mean, is this Holland's answer for everyf****** problem? Just to bring back guys we NEEDED to part with in the first place?

We had a major opportunity to make a splash this year, and Holland fails yet again. I'm surprised he signed anyone and didn't just say, "I like our team and I think some of our GR boys are ready".

Fire this guy already....for gods sake FIRE HIM.

This is just a joke on so many levels. 3 mil....for a guy who's been plagued with injury problems.......who's turning 36 this year....who has given no indication he can even manage over 15 goals anymore.....I mean, is this Holland's answer for everyf****** problem? Just to bring back guys we NEEDED to part with in the first place?

We had a major opportunity to make a splash this year, and Holland fails yet again. I'm surprised he signed anyone and didn't just say, "I like our team and I think some of our GR boys are ready".

Fire this guy already....for gods sake FIRE HIM.

Signing Samuelsson has no bearing on whether or not we make a 'big splash', he's merely an addition to this roster; another piece to the puzzle. With Hudler expected to get $4-5 million dollars a year, this is essentially a lateral move to take Happy's place. Personally, I'm okay with this move. We gain another right handed shot and won't have to hope Eaves can round out a PP unit. Plus, as others have mentioned, the guy has a knack for timely goal scoring. In all, I think he'll make a nice 2nd / 3rd line addition as Kenny crafts the 2012-13 roster.

Holland is far from done, though, so it's crazy to me that people look at this on having any bearing on our bigger signings. Then again, I may have different ideas of what I'd like to see out of this off-season.

Guest Heaten

In comparison, David Moss signed for $2.1 million and can score just as many goals and has size and uses it (American born player).

Why Sammy over Moss?

Geeze its not like we signed Commodore like last year, lol, granted the money is a bit much, but until this roster is set, people need to calm down. Detroit fans, can be some of the biggest fair weather fans of all major sports. Still a bunch of scenerios left for the Wings that can happen. Damn we could end up with Nash, Parise and Suter and you people would complain about not getting Bobby Ryan too.

I agree completely, I have no idea why everyone is freaking out so much. Off-season is far from over people, its only day.

That is the price Kenny paid for us not to see Hudler in Wings uniform anymore. Just think of it that way and it should ease the pain.

Also imagine how pissed off fans would be of that team that signs Hudler for 4mil long term deal. After all our signing are not that bad. Expect something big coming today.