• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Matt

Red Wings Sign Mikael Samuelsson to 2-yr, $6m deal (w/full NTC)

Rate this topic

Sammy may miss more, but he shoots more and is SOOOOO clutch.

I remember going off to my friend during a game about how Sammy never scores and I didn't see why they gave him the puck. As I was saying that, he scored. As I was telling my friend that it was a fluke, he did it again.

Game 1 vs Pittsburgh SCF, 2008. Good times.

Sammy had 31pts in 54 games last season, he had two seasons prior of 50 points or more, 159 points in 4 season with Detroit...that's 293 points in the last 7 seasons....Hudler only had 219....Mikael is a bit older, but he is better and he makes $1M less... This is a win for Holland...in 2009 Sammy had to leave because of Cap issues, Hudler screwed Holland and then bolted for Russia... Welcome back Sammy, screw you Hudler!

Some good soundbytes from Sammy.

He doesn't exactly seem enamoured with the Canucks, taking a shot at management some nine months after being traded to Florida.

"I didn't think very highly of management, so in that way I didn't mind," Samuelsson said of the trade.

More here:

http://www.faceoff.com/hockey/columnists/Samuelsson+chastises+Burrows+finger+bite+final/6926002/story.html

I wonder if he'll use the "bad translation" defence.

Why would he? When he was left off the roster for the Swedish national team he said “I pretty much have one comment and maybe I’ll regret it. But they can go f*** themselves.” Refreshing.