• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Matt

Red Wings Sign Mikael Samuelsson to 2-yr, $6m deal (w/full NTC)

Rate this topic

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo no no no! Why???

Not a big fan of the guy. Unless Homer is for sure retiring and he's taking his spot then I guess its ALRIGHT, but if this is any indication of not getting a big name forward then I am one sad, angry, and depressed man. I just think Sammy is all over the place. Holland just lovesssssssss bringing players back that didn't really do anything spectacular the first go around. Long as we get Suter and hopefully Parise , or trade for Ryan or something it wont be as bad. I just cringe at the thought of him saying well we added our "missing pieces" cause this dips*** isn't worth anything to complete the puzzle!

Come on, guys.... You knew if we were letting Samuelsson walk we had to get a new whipping boy, right?

As an aside -- I don't think that this affects the Parise talks one iota. It just may mean there's some more upheaval up front. Soft cap right now us $77 million. He'll play the point on the No. 2 PP unit it looks like.

$3-million, though... Well, you got me on that one.

Guest irishock

This was such a predictable move. And I would've welcomed back Sammy if it was a cheap deal. 3 mil per? ARE YOU SERIOUS KENNY?

HOW IS SAMUELSSON PAID MORE THAN BERTUZZI AND CLEARY? HOW???

Ughhhhhh god damnit no Prust? Add Samuelson? God help me I do t think Samuelson brings much, to me he brings absolutely 0 entertainment value would have preferred Prust parros someone who at least does one thing real well or gives it his all. Why did I get my hopes up?

Edited by cnot19

At least the wings have a guy that can be counted on to score when the top lines aren't scoring... Samuelsson is pretty decently physical... Right handed... Finds open ice... Strong second PP guy. We will have a nice third line with lots of options on the first two lines next year