• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Matt

Red Wings Sign Mikael Samuelsson to 2-yr, $6m deal (w/full NTC)

Rate this topic

Guest Shoreline

I remember him being more a Shanny-like player who was good at shooting from spots, and some ok amount of puck control, but he was slow and his defence skills left something lacking. Not terribly happy with this one.

Honestly this is an upgrade over Hudler. I don't see why everyone is still freaking out. I was freaking out at first but Hudler was more useless than Samuelsson is. He might be injury-ridden but he puts up decent numbers (for the amount of games played) for $3mil and he uses his body.

Edited by skyphoenix

Oh no! A guy that helped win the Stanley Cup in 08'!!! You guys freak out too much. Do I love this signing? Not really, do I like it? Sure. Money is a little rough but you know he isn't any worse than HUDLER. So welcome back Mikael, good luck.

Here's my reaction to Samuelsson and Tootoo. Something has GOT to be brewing in the trade department. I don't think we'll land Parise (I will be stunned if we do) so we are going to need a top 6 Forward. I am wondering if a Nash or Ryan trade is in the works. I still think we get Suter.

So are we officially out of the running for Suter and Parise????

No I still think were in for Suter. Parise my guess is yes unless Kenny has a major deal on the horizon.

Holland has officially lost it. His recepie for improving our team anymore is simply to bring back former players.

What an absolutef****** joke we just wasted 3M a year on this guy.

Holland, been saying it year and year again, YOU ARE WORTHLESS

Samuelsson must have some black ace that none of us understand -- like a potion that makes Johan Franzen score playoff goals. Otherwise, this signing seems difficult to understand. On the other hand, he does provide some qualities that this team could use: a right handed shot, a big body (whether or not he plays like it), a shoot first mentality and reasonably affordable.

I don't like that he receives a raise from his previous 2.5 mil contract, considering his recent injury troubles. But just remember that far worse players are making more, and that this kind of overpayment is simply the nature of free agency. Tim Connolly's $5.5 million/year contract from Toronto last year comes immediately to mind. Fortunately we have the cap space to absorb this contract, though I agree that the matter of lacking remaining spots in the lineup is very puzzling!

Funny, I remember reading posts like this when Dallas Drake was signed by the Wings the year they won the cup. :P

Drake was signed close to league minimum, not $3M a year for two years WITH an NTC. Completely different. This guy, especially at 35, is supposed to score 25 goals a season? Especially with all the injuries?

It seriously boggles the head. What the hell is wrong with our GM?

Funny, I remember reading posts like this when Dallas Drake was signed by the Wings the year they won the cup. :P

Drake was signed close to league minimum, not $3M a year for two years WITH an NTC. Completely different. This guy, especially at 35, is supposed to score 25 goals a season? Especially with all the injuries?

It seriously boggles the head. What the hell is wrong with our GM?