Photo
- - - - -

Red Wings Sign Mikael Samuelsson to 2-yr, $6m deal (w/full NTC)

mikael samuelsson free agency

• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

#101 Hairy Lime

Hairy Lime

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:15 PM

Ok, I'm waiting for the "JUST KIDDING!" Where is it? WHERE IS IT??!!??!! And Tootoo, too? I hope Holland -whom I have NEVER liked- has some secret plan in the works.. Lord I hope so...

#102 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,631 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:17 PM

Suter will be signed (Probably 12 years 90 million aav 7.5 million per), and they either trade for Nash/Ryan or sign Semin for 5 million/ 1 year. I don't understand why everyone is crying beause Parise isn't going to get signed. The only thing that will disappoint me is if they trade for Bouwmeester.

#103 Jaymister

Jaymister

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,951 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:18 PM

Again, trying to stay positive....at least someone else already signed Meech so Holland can't bring him back too.

He resigned with the Jets, so your safe on that one. :tounge:
Cujo is a top 5 goalie in the league- Scott Lucidi

#104 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:20 PM

In comparison, David Moss signed for $2.1 million and can score just as many goals and has size and uses it (American born player).

Why Sammy over Moss?

#105 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:20 PM

Samuelsson and Tootoo?

And I was looking forward to today, but this sh*t is getting ridiculous now. I feel like Ashton Kutcher is going to jump out and let us all know that we are being punked at any minute now.

#106 TimeBinder

TimeBinder

The continuum must be bound

• PipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:24 PM

why - for the love of god 0 why - happy sammy & his s*** shot returns - WHY?
Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

#107 Lonewuhf

Lonewuhf

Rookie

• Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:24 PM

Getting rid of Flip, like some of you have said, would be af****** terrible idea. Yeah, I understand who we'd get in a trade, but our offense would still be s***.

2nd line of Cleary, Bert, and Sammy? Yeah, that seems like a good one!

Edited by Lonewuhf, 01 July 2012 - 06:25 PM.

#108 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:26 PM

For all the crap, Sammy did score goals. But most importantly: he shoots. This team seriously needs a shoot-first player, and Sammy is that. Sure, 90% of his shots go into the chest pad, but he does score a decent amount of goals.

And besides, it wouldn't be a Red Wings summer without resigning an old Wing.

He's not going to put us over the edge, but he's a suitable Hudler replacement and adds a shooting dynamic. That's where he fits on this team.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#109 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:27 PM

I'm with the majority and not liking bringing Samuelsson back nor the price of $3m/yr :unhappy:

#110 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:28 PM

I think Holland may bring back Homer, Lilja, Kopecky and Leino soon.

bringit.jpg

#111 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,624 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:30 PM

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#112 TimeBinder

TimeBinder

The continuum must be bound

• PipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:31 PM

3 mil - no back checking/sense of defense - floating - what a waste - hope he blows his knee out - so it's not on the books - wtf KENNY!?!?
Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

#113 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:33 PM

I think people should relax and realize that this doesn't really affect our Suter/Parise sweepstakes bid. It's a secondary scoring move, one the team had to make.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#114 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:36 PM

I agree with everyone else who said "noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

Come on Kenny, you can do better than that!

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#115 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:36 PM

FU Kenny
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#116 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:38 PM

I think people should relax and realize that this doesn't really affect our Suter/Parise sweepstakes bid. It's a secondary scoring move, one the team had to make.

Yeah, on second thought, Sammy would pretty much just be replacing Hudler. I'm still kind of in "WTF mode" about the Tootoo signing though, and seriously hope that the stupid whistles don't follow him to the Joe...

#117 Lonewuhf

Lonewuhf

Rookie

• Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:41 PM

Yeah, on second thought, Sammy would pretty much just be replacing Hudler. I'm still kind of in "WTF mode" about the Tootoo signing though, and seriously hope that the stupid whistles don't follow him to the Joe...

We needed to replace Hudler with someone better though, and Sammy is barely, if at all any better. This also kind of forces us into a trade where we could very well loose Flip, which is a terrible situation.

#118 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:48 PM

why did we originally part with sammy again???

#119 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:52 PM

Welcome home, Sammy! I remember those first two huge goals he scored against the Pens in game 1 of the SCF. He got the Wings rolling.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#120 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:54 PM

I heard this on NHL Network and just screamed "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" and held my head in my hands. WHY??????????????
I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012