Photo
- - - - -

Red Wings Sign Mikael Samuelsson to 2-yr, $6m deal (w/full NTC)

mikael samuelsson free agency

• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

#141 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:31 AM

Such as?

Just about anyone (minus Hudler, Kopecky)

#142 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:32 PM

I was trying to work something on Capgeek and we have too many players ESPECIALLY on wings. With Brunner, Franzen, Sammy, Eaves, Mursak. And consider Nyquist, Fil, Cleary, Bert, Miller, Tootoo on left wing. We HAVE to be trading someone. I feel like Franzen, Cleary, Nyquist could be out and Ryan or Nash coming back.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#143 shoe

shoe

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:33 PM

Sammy is a winner, he helped Florida do well this year he was huge in the playoffs for Van a couple of years ago, he was a playoff performer for us when we had him.

Welcome back Samuelson Im happy to have you back here, you play at both ends of the ice.

#144 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,101 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:34 PM

This move does not make us younger, hungrier, faster or harder to play against. And he didn't exacly light the world on fire after leaving here. Heck, he pretty much sucked. So why bring him back AND give him a NTC? I could see if it was a sign and trade for someone we REALLY WANT....but this really makes no sense. Get someone up and coming, not someone who's peaked already.

Edited by AtomicPunk, 01 July 2012 - 08:34 PM.

I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012

#145 Sergei Fedorov91

Sergei Fedorov91

Touchdown

• PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:46 AM

My buddy told me we signed Samuelson and I thought he was just joking. :unhappy:

#146 Wingsfan72

Wingsfan72

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:46 PM

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo no no no! Why???

ughnnnnnnNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

If I die tell my wife I said, "Hello".

#147 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,521 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:51 PM

I was trying to work something on Capgeek and we have too many players ESPECIALLY on wings. With Brunner, Franzen, Sammy, Eaves, Mursak. And consider Nyquist, Fil, Cleary, Bert, Miller, Tootoo on left wing. We HAVE to be trading someone. I feel like Franzen, Cleary, Nyquist could be out and Ryan or Nash coming back.

I get that feeling, too. We just have too many players right now. Forgive me for speculating on lines as they stand now but we have:

Franzen-Datsyuk-Brunner
Samuelsson-Zetterberg-Filpulla
Tootoo-Helm-Bertuzzi
Miller-Emmerton-Eaves
Nyquist

And we're still waiting on Abdelkader and Homer and are likely to get a top line scorer. So that's two, possibly three spots to clear.

And on defense we have:

Kronwall-Ericsson
White-Smith
Kindl

Still waiting on Quincey and presumably a top defenseman.

Honestly, I'm not sure I like that defense. I feel like we really need to upgrade Kindl's spot or else hope that Smith has an outstanding breakout year.

EDIT: On the bright side, combining Tootoo and Bertuzzi on a line could be fun.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#148 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:01 PM

Good trade bait, but if we keep him, he's a big upgrade over Hudler for similar cost. They shoulda let hudler go before samuelson to begin with.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#149 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:21 PM

This is the single most disgusting and disappointing Red Wings related news I've heard in a long, long time.

Unbefreakinglievable Holland. You have lost it.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#150 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,644 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:24 AM

This is the single most disgusting and disappointing Red Wings related news I've heard in a long, long time.

Unbefreakinglievable Holland. You have lost it.

It's not like they signed Boyd Devereaux or traded for Leino.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#151 nuts2u

nuts2u

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:31 PM

We were all dreaming about Parise and then it becomes a NIGHTMARE with Samulsson. Three million bucks down the toilet................

#152 Number19

Number19

I like our team

• PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:49 AM

when I heard this I was initially shocked but I thought hey at least it isn't Hudler

but 3m? ntc? ...

I'd rather have Jagr/Doan/Anyone but Sammy or Hudler

We were all dreaming about Parise and then it becomes a NIGHTMARE with Samulsson. Three million bucks down the toilet................

It's like a big joke. Holland biggest troll in sports. I'm holding out hope to get blown away tomorrow. We need more than just Suter.

#153 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,922 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:51 PM

I'll be honest, this move doesn't make any sense to me at all.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#154 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:58 PM

OMGGGGG been out all day and night and i find out samuelsson's back???? wtfffffffffffffffff i was pro holland but this is f*cken ridiculous , he should be fired just for this stupid signing!

My god i thought we were rid of samuelsson for good and now this ! wtf is wrong with him man, he's too loyal and always brings back ex players ! at this point i wont even be shocked anymore if hudler and holmstrom returns !

2 more years of this crappppppp god help me man

and 3 million cap hit??? WTFFFF really lost for words im stunned

when I heard this I was initially shocked but I thought hey at least it isn't Hudler

but 3m? ntc? ...

I'd rather have Jagr/Doan/Anyone but Sammy or Hudler

It's like a big joke. Holland biggest troll in sports. I'm holding out hope to get blown away tomorrow. We need more than just Suter.

rather of given a 40 year old jagr a 2 yr 6 million dollar deal .... holland's lost his f'n mind , problem with this team is they stick to the same guys and bring back old players because they are "familiar" with them ... its a load of horse crap

It's not like they signed Boyd Devereaux or traded for Leino.

at this rate devereaux will come out of retirement or wherever the hell he is and come back here ... dont jinx us lol

#155 Number19

Number19

I like our team

• PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:01 AM

I'll be honest, this move doesn't make any sense to me at all.

Kenny had to fill the soft on the boards doesn't backcheck euro floater who shoots in the goalies chest role and what better to bring back the O.G. I wouldn't mind him for 1.5m as a depth signing but this is retarded with so many better options out there.

#156 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:02 PM

OHHHHHH goddddd just thinking of him now on the point on the power play shooting the puck and always missing the net lmao oh god whyyyyyyyy

might have to take a 2 yr break and go for tampa bay

OH YAAAAAAAAAAAAA AND WTFFFF IS UP WITH THE FULL NO TRADE CLAUSE !!

are youuuuu f*cken kidding me??????? who the f is samuelsson to get a full no trade???

oh god kenny

Edited by nyqvististhefuture, 01 July 2012 - 10:02 PM.

#157 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:18 PM

I try to think of him as a Hudler replacement (assuming he stays healthy and scores 20+ goals), but at the same time it's hard for me to get excited about having both Bertuzzi and Sammy for 2 years with NTC and 35+ contracts.

#158 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:26 AM

Posted Image

#159 Jericho613

Jericho613

Give Nothing, Take Everything

• PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:43 PM

Geeze its not like we signed Commodore like last year, lol, granted the money is a bit much, but until this roster is set, people need to calm down. Detroit fans, can be some of the biggest fair weather fans of all major sports. Still a bunch of scenerios left for the Wings that can happen. Damn we could end up with Nash, Parise and Suter and you people would complain about not getting Bobby Ryan too.

#160 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,669 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:44 PM

This is just a joke on so many levels. 3 mil....for a guy who's been plagued with injury problems.......who's turning 36 this year....who has given no indication he can even manage over 15 goals anymore.....I mean, is this Holland's answer for everyf****** problem? Just to bring back guys we NEEDED to part with in the first place?

We had a major opportunity to make a splash this year, and Holland fails yet again. I'm surprised he signed anyone and didn't just say, "I like our team and I think some of our GR boys are ready".

Fire this guy already....for gods sake FIRE HIM.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS