• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Red Wings Sign Jordin Tootoo to 3-yr deal, $1.9M/yr

Rate this topic

Something is definitely up, we got 3 new forwards now today and Not enough room for everyone! I feel a trade...Tootoo is one of those guys you hate to play against, but love on your team. Like the signing, hate Sammy though! Roller coaster day so far! Maybe some extra incentive for Suter to sign?

He will be you wait! If he hits everything in sight like he used to this may not be that bad. but as far as Sammy goes...did Kenny lose a bet?

i was being completely serious. the joe is gonna love him.

the sammy thing... yeah, that leaves a bad taste at any price.

I wanted the Wings to add some grit, but Tootoo would be about at the bottom of my list.

Dirty player. Questionable defensively.

This.

Shell out the extra dough that Prust apparently commands.

Tootoo is a POS. And now we're having to defend him coldcocking people. BARF!

I was never a fan of the guy as a Predator (obviously), but I think a lot of the "crappy dude" stuff just comes from our disdain for him on the ice. I'd like to imagine that the cheap shots will be come less a part of his game as the Wings don't really fly that route. However, I am excited for the grit and annoyance that he'll provide the team. It's something they haven't had since that one Maltby a-hole we all liked so much. :thumbs-up:

Definitely glad we have a little more grit on our team now.

The ONLY person I would hate to see in a Wings jersey would be Pronger... If he ever makes it into the winged wheel somehow... I may just go shoot Ken Holland.

I personally like this signing and think there's a lot of over reaction going on...don't neccesarily like the cap hit, but Tootoo brings something that the Wings have been missing the past couple seasons. While I did hate him while he was on Nashville, I think he will quickly become a fan favorite in Detroit and I'm glad we don't have to play against him 6 times a season. As for Sammy, thats a whole different story, but 3 out of 4 today isn't bad!

I like this signing, We needed grit and lets face it he does have some skill. Everyone hated Bertuzzi back in the day and now he is a fan favorite and there is no reason why Tootoo cannot follow in those footsteps. We all deserve a second chance and there is no reason why Tootoo shouldn't get one.

After the initial hate. I suppose this is a pretty good signing. Sure, he's a d-bag, but he's OUR d-bag now. He frigging bangs and will drop with anyone. And one thing you can say, hate or love him, he has heart and not a little desire.

Cicarelli, Verbeek, a young Maltby, even Chelios, Tootoo, our new little ball of hate will look good in red

I've always wondered how I would react to him in a Wings jersey. I guess I get my wish.

I will say this. When we played Nashville I hated when he was on the ice. Not because he could score a goal, but because I knew he had the ability to catch someone with their head down (or up) and wipe them out of the game. He gives 100% when he is skating and doesn't really care what happens to his body when contact is made.