• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Red Wings Sign Jordin Tootoo to 3-yr deal, $1.9M/yr

Rate this topic

Exactly. Not sure where all the naysayers are getting this "He's an OK enforcer, but..." stuff from. I've seen him flat out pound guys into the ice who are significantly bigger than him. Sure, he's not 6' 5" but he'll do a better job of protecting guys than Bertuzzi or Abby.

He definitely does very well in fights for his size. Though sometimes that's because he drops the gloves and starts swinging before the other guy even knows he's in a fight.

Tootoo is by far one of my least favorite players in the league. I wanted to Detroit to sign a player similar to him, just not him.

Tootoo is by far one of my least favorite players in the league. I wanted to Detroit to sign a player similar to him, just not him.

gotta agree on this one (myself wanted Steve Ott or Chris Neil kind off guy) but it's not like there was an abundance of options to chose from, especially with pure enforcers not being Wings top priority...

He definitely does very well in fights for his size. Though sometimes that's because he drops the gloves and starts swinging before the other guy even knows he's in a fight.

Remainds me of Chelios/Hatcher/Bert... I think that jersey # 22 will be very popular in Detroit

I love this signing. Tootoo is one of the meanest players in hockey, the fact that we have Bertuzzi and Tootoo on the same team is wicked. I have a feeling this season players will think twice before running ours stars, because they can, finally since the 2008 season, get it back even worse. Well done Kenny, Sammy is meh... but this signing is gold.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

Tootoo sucks ass and half the people in here aref****** morons who know nothing about hockey. He isn't good by any measurement and he is the type of player I NEVER want on my team. Then they gave him a contract that is too big in term and money. He was a healthy scratch for Nashville and worse than everyone on our team and many players of ours in the system. He isn't good defensively, not good offensively, doesn't fight for pucks, doesn't hit well, doesn't pass well, doesn't score, he doesn't play gritty, he is only dirty.

That doesn't win you games, check Avery who is the same type of player, except he had some skill. It is far more likely he does something stupid and someone retaliates on Pavel or someone. The guy was so worthless he never helped the Preds beat us... Last year he was a healthy scratch for them half the games. I look it at this way...

You could have tried for Doan with the money spent on Sam and Tootoo... you could have signed an enforcer for less... or you could have just let the youngsters play with contracts that are half as much as him. Miller, Emmerton, Mursak, Eaves, and Jokaim are all better than Tootoo.

I know half of the people around think this is some sort of grand signing that indicates that we will be a tougher team.

Toughness isn't something measured in hits or fights. It is winning battles for the puck and taking hits and crosschecks going to the tough parts of the ice for loose pucks and goals. The Wings were lacking in this, and still are after wasting 4.9 million yesterday. If these were one year contracts I would ***** about them but I would live with them. These might screw us over in the long term as well.

Just hypothetically, if Weber was available next year and Suter signs here... do you think they could get Weber with 7 million wrapped up in Bertuzzi, Sammy, and Tootoo?!?!? No way in hell. Yet if they didn't sign them to awful contracts prematurely, there would be a chance to bring in Weber and have guys like Tatar, Jurco, and Jarnkrok play for 900k a piece instead.

The time is here for youth, yet three guys are signed that block the way. I never liked any of these guys, and certainly don't at this price.

Tootoo sucks ass and half the people in here aref****** morons who know nothing about hockey. He isn't good by any measurement and he is the type of player I NEVER want on my team. Then they gave him a contract that is too big in term and money. He was a healthy scratch for Nashville and worse than everyone on our team and many players of ours in the system. He isn't good defensively, not good offensively, doesn't fight for pucks, doesn't hit well, doesn't pass well, doesn't score, he doesn't play gritty, he is only dirty.

That doesn't win you games, check Avery who is the same type of player, except he had some skill. It is far more likely he does something stupid and someone retaliates on Pavel or someone. The guy was so worthless he never helped the Preds beat us... Last year he was a healthy scratch for them half the games. I look it at this way...

You could have tried for Doan with the money spent on Sam and Tootoo... you could have signed an enforcer for less... or you could have just let the youngsters play with contracts that are half as much as him. Miller, Emmerton, Mursak, Eaves, and Jokaim are all better than Tootoo.

I know half of the people around think this is some sort of grand signing that indicates that we will be a tougher team.

Toughness isn't something measured in hits or fights. It is winning battles for the puck and taking hits and crosschecks going to the tough parts of the ice for loose pucks and goals. The Wings were lacking in this, and still are after wasting 4.9 million yesterday. If these were one year contracts I would ***** about them but I would live with them. These might screw us over in the long term as well.

Just hypothetically, if Weber was available next year and Suter signs here... do you think they could get Weber with 7 million wrapped up in Bertuzzi, Sammy, and Tootoo?!?!? No way in hell. Yet if they didn't sign them to awful contracts prematurely, there would be a chance to bring in Weber and have guys like Tatar, Jurco, and Jarnkrok play for 900k a piece instead.

The time is here for youth, yet three guys are signed that block the way. I never liked any of these guys, and certainly don't at this price.

Summary: I'm mad and you're all assholes!

esteef

Haha classic, need a kleenex?

You must be high. Tootoo wrecks shop. Best signing yet. Surprised he didn't get more money actually. Another steal by Holland.

Edited by number9

Hey I hate tootoo too, but the guy is one of the best hitters in the league....

I think tootoo hasn't been as cheap lately so maybe he turned a corner.

Ya, I don't like Tootoo, especially at 1.9mill. Eaves makes less than this. He ISN'T a good hockey player and is a goon that lives over the line. Not a "wings guy" imo. I don't see him becoming a loved guy in the locker room either. Waste of cap space. This would be one instance where if I were Kenny and had to move a player before the deadline for cap space, I'd trade a recently acquired player.

Not a tootoo fan in general,but he's a type of player that lacks here...tough,annoying SOB,that plays every shift on the edge.

He might not be "a wings guy",but he'd learn to play the wings way or send tweets from the press box every other game

My only hope is that the damned whistles stay in Nashville. I'd like to think we have more sense than they do, and wouldn't even dream of letting those things in the arena.

I must say, though, this is a surprise. I didn't even know we were thinking about him.

Could be a good signing. Tootoo is one of the few people I really don't like much in the league largely because of past out of control incidents on the ice. That being said he's still one of the biggest pains in the rear to play against that you'd like to have on your side when he's playing under control. Can usually never go wrong with people willing to run through brick walls to hit somebody or make a play.

Hopefully he gets consistent playing time with the salary he got and won't have any bad incidents.

You mad bro?

Yeahh.. He's angry!

I must have missed the thread where you announced that you were hired to replace Holland because of your extensive knowledge. I also missed the announcement stating that only ******-nozzles are entitled to be correct with their opinions. While I kind of agree with you on some points, you discount people on here asf****** morons because they disagree with you. You could just as easily be wrong with your opinions and assumptions, so I don't think there is any need carry on like that.

edit: spelling and clarification. clarification is that you are ****** (pronounced doosh) nozzle.

Edited by Hack & Whack Rule!

I must have missed the thread where you announced that you were hired to replace Holland because of you extensive knowledge. I also missed the announcement stating that only ******-nozzles are entitled to be correct with their opinions. While I kind of agree with you on some points, you discount people on here asf****** morons because they disagree with you. You could just as easily be wrong with your opinions and assumptions, so I don't think there is any need carry on like that.

Yeah, you really have to love those uppity fans who think they are the next big thing in hockey knowledge. If you really believe you know as much as you spit out here, why are you posting on a forum and not involved in hockey in some larger capacity?

For the record, I think Nashville wanted Tootoo to play like the old Tootoo (cheap shots and such) and that's why he went out of favor, but let's not forget that the guy put up 30 points playing in the bottom six with nobody that good last season.... sounds like a terrible hockey player to me, too. :taunt: