• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Red Wings Sign Jordin Tootoo to 3-yr deal, $1.9M/yr

Rate this topic

Guest Hatethedrake!

Toots is exactlywhat this team needs. SNARL!

Edited by Hatethedrake!

I was VERY surprised and skeptical of this signing, but after reflecting and reading, if Jordin has dealt with his inner demons, and has indeed turned a corner he could end up being a huge x-factor on the fourth line. Ability to wreck shop and chip in some points is something the team hasn't had much of in ages. I'm looking forward to seeing if he can rise to the challenge this year.

Guest Hatethedrake!

If there is any team in the NHL which can help Toots, it's the Red Wings.

Few days later, and I still HATE this signing. It's far worse than when we gave formerly-hated players like Chelios or Bertuzzi a chance in the Winged Wheel. Those were elite players where you could see the upside of adding them as affordable, declining veterans. Tootoo has never been a good player.

And for the people who say that I only hate him because he's an agitator, and I'll love him on our team: wrong. An "agitator" is one thing - Tootoo is much more akin to a Matt Cooke or Sean Avery type player who plays selfishly and will take dumb penalties. Nashville had even seemed to figure that out and rolled back his playing time significantly.

I feel like everything I always brag about the Red Wings in terms of playing smart finesse hockey, and winning a Cup with only 11 fighting majors goes out the window when we employ crap like this.

All I can say is if some of you hate it that much then I'm sure the Hawks or yotes would welcome you with open arms. As Martin Pain would say....GET TO STEPPIN!

P.S

I love the signing. TooToo will be great with abby on the 4th.

is that better?=)

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

Uh....nobody really liked the Dallas Drake signing either.... Some of you guys are very finicky....we want toughness, we want someone to stick up for Pav and Z, we want someone who will sacrifice his body, someone to fight in the corners, someone to check people tenasciously...then Holland signs someone like that, and he is only 28 and put in 30 points last season (a career high, so he deserves a raise,) and you all freak out!

If you ask me, a 4th line of Abby - Helm - Tootoo seems to me like a very hard line to play against and one that will generate a TON of excitement with tons of energy and hits...

I like this signing, came out of nowhere and it could be a helpful acquisition in securing Ryan Suter for the next 13 years...and then they BOTH could land us Weber if he becomes a UFA next season...this is no guarantee, but it can't hurt...

Good on you Holland, every year you kick the tires, this year, starting with the draft, you actually have squealed the hell out of those tires and if you can follow this up with Suter, Semin and Nash then those tires will be ripped right from the wheels! Great job so far Kenny, great job!

Edited by LeftWinger

Ya, I don't like Tootoo, especially at 1.9mill. Eaves makes less than this. He ISN'T a good hockey player and is a goon that lives over the line. Not a "wings guy" imo. I don't see him becoming a loved guy in the locker room either. Waste of cap space. This would be one instance where if I were Kenny and had to move a player before the deadline for cap space, I'd trade a recently acquired player.

For someone who isn't a good hockey player, he had more points last season than in any season Eaves has had in the past five years. Tootoo isn't a goon. He can actually play hockey. Everyone ******* about not having a fighter or toughness on this team and we get a guy who is the epitome of that and people ***** because he isn't their favorite knuckle dragger.

Get over it. He makes this team better and harder to play against.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Helm is the 3rd line centre. Toots and Abs will be on the 4th line most likely with Eaves.

I like this signing. Some things I like about it:

Tough as hell and feisty.

Stands up for teammates frequently (read: fisticuffs)

Takes a relatively low amount of minor penalties for a tough guy (not super high PIM, a lot of his PIM comes from fighting).

Hits frequently and hard.

Underrated offensively (he's scored at a 25-30 point pace in the last 3 seasons). Very solid offense for a bottom line guy.

Has a hard shot (not accurate, but can generate rebounds).

His cap hit is less than 3% of the cap, roughly equivalent to what Maltby made on our last cup winning team.

Goes to the net.

Short, but built like a locomotive (TOOOOOOTOOOOOO).

...And while I hate those damned whistles, let's admit it, the Joe could use a little excitement/noise sometimes. He can certainly provide that.

Edited by Datsyerberger

Helm is the 3rd line centre. Toots and Abs will be on the 4th line most likely with Eaves.

Please, no toots as a nickname....

anyhow, Tootoo - Helm - Abby could very well be a third line...especially if Filppula ends up being moved in a Nash or Ryan deal...

anyhow, Tootoo - Helm - Abby could very well be a third line...especially if Filppula ends up being moved in a Nash or Ryan deal...

good, scrappy 4th line like in the days of Drapes, Malts and Mac... oh the memories...

can't wait to see this happen...

Ok, lets consider his goal scoring song.... I am not one to like the personal songs, but I know its part of the Joe so lets go with either:

"Come on ride the train..." - Quad City DJ's

or

"Come on baby do the locomotion.." - Grand Funk Railroad

Or just two or three long draw out locomotive whistle's like this:

And for the people who say that I only hate him because he's an agitator, and I'll love him on our team: wrong. An "agitator" is one thing - Tootoo is much more akin to a Matt Cooke or Sean Avery type player who plays selfishly and will take dumb penalties. Nashville had even seemed to figure that out and rolled back his playing time significantly.

I feel like everything I always brag about the Red Wings in terms of playing smart finesse hockey, and winning a Cup with only 11 fighting majors goes out the window when we employ crap like this.

He is more like a Steve Ott than he is a Matt Cooke that is for sure, and as has been shown already with more fighting majors he takes closer PIMs to Bertuzzi than other agitator types lately. Personally, I hope the wings turn him loose and let him go bat s*** crazy howver. Hes also uses big hits and physical play to agitate other teams, not chirping like a little *****. Hes the toughest fighting agitator, and definitely in an argument for hardest hitting forward in the league.

And its funny because the wings have NEVER won the cup with 11 fighting majors. 2008 they did have 21 and also employed a guy with a reputation just as bad as Tootoo's, Dallas Drake. He was a complete beast and spark for the wings in that playoff as well.

When are wings fans going to realize that A: the bottom 6 has done jack s*** for the wings the last couple years and it needs an overhaul

and B: the wings have never won with a team full of *******, and Tootoo helps prevent this from happening

I have a feeling that we are going to love this guy. Iam sure he will play his heart out for our team. Not many on Wings roster are willing to do that.

Ok, lets consider his goal scoring song.... I am not one to like the personal songs, but I know its part of the Joe so lets go with either:

"Come on ride the train..." - Quad City DJ's

or

"Come on baby do the locomotion.." - Grand Funk Railroad

Or just two or three long draw out locomotive whistle's like this:

Why not this?

Or maybe:

Edited by ogreslayer