• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Red Wings Sign Jordin Tootoo to 3-yr deal, $1.9M/yr

Rate this topic

I think 1.9 is a little high for a 4th liner but he brings some much needed sand paper

Would you rather have a 533k guy, who is doing nothing on that 4th line, other then damaging the ice surface ? Emmerton maybe ?

Edited by arag

Guest Johnz96

Youre that hung up on 600,000 when the wings still need to take on a bunch of salary to even make the cap floor?

Holland isn't saving that cap space for Illitch's bank account nor would Illitch want him to.

Tootoo was a healthy scratch for most of the playoffs but he brings an element we need. We probably couldn't have got him for 1.3 but I would like him better at 1.3

Would you rather have a 533k guy, who is doing nothing on that 4th line, other then damaging the ice surface ? Emmerton maybe ?

No but I would rather have a look at Tatar or Anderson.

Svitov might sign on for as much after the KHL season and he is a true heavyweight who is great on faceoffs and one of the best defensive forwards in the KHL

Holland isn't saving that cap space for Illitch's bank account nor would Illitch want him to.

Tootoo was a healthy scratch for most of the playoffs but he brings an element we need. We probably couldn't have got him for 1.3 but I would like him better at 1.3

Yeah I'd like every one of our players for 600,000 less than what they're at..........

Svitov might sign on for as much after the KHL season and he is a true heavyweight who is great on faceoffs and one of the best defensive forwards in the KHL

I love how you always work in one of the guys you have a hard on for into every thread lol

All the Tootoo naysayers are going to be pleasantly surprised this season! He just came of a career year and that was in and out of the lineup. I am sure he may be one of the guys rotating with Miller and Eaves, but if he finds chemistry with Helm and Abby (or wherever he ends up) he will surely find himself in the lineup more than out.

I cannot wait for that freight train to level Parise followed up by a Kronwall! Holland should sign Barch for GR and bring him up each game against Minnesota so when our guys target miss prissy too good for Detroit, Barch will be there to whoop the ass of anyone wanting to step up to defend her...

No but I would rather have a look at Tatar or Anderson.

Tatar and Anderson are not being developed to be 4th liners. Bringing them to NHL and assigning 4th line duties will be no good for the team or for Tatar and Anderson.

Guest Johnz96

Tatar and Anderson are not being developed to be 4th liners. Bringing them to NHL and assigning 4th line duties will be no good for the team or for Tatar and Anderson.

I don't think anyone is expecting Anderson to be a top 6 forward

Tatar will be best suited traded somewhere...as will Andersson. There are plenty of prospects left to where we won't miss them. Not including the guys Holland drafted in June...those guys are real diamonds and this will be the best draft class in a long time. I can see almost all of them being NHL players when it's their time. Trading a Mursak, Tatar or an Andersson today will not effect us in 5 years. And in those 5 years, we'd still have Bobby Ryan or Rick Nash on this team tearing it up!

Back on topic, again, Tootoo brings a dimension to this team that has been lacking for a long time. I am happy with this signing, he is gonna bring tons of excitement to this team...I just hope fans don't bring any whistles...

Minnesota will have Parise and Suter.

We will have Nash and Weber.

And Tootoo.

I enjoy your enthusiasm! I would love Nash here (or Ryan) and of course we will have to go at Weber with 1000 times the effort we did with Suter...Holland should offer Weber the absolute TOP dollar....TOP!

If Holland pulls Nash or Ryan out of his hat....OMG! I say do it...do it now!

I enjoy your enthusiasm! I would love Nash here (or Ryan) and of course we will have to go at Weber with 1000 times the effort we did with Suter...Holland should offer Weber the absolute TOP dollar....TOP!

If Holland pulls Nash or Ryan out of his hat....OMG! I say do it...do it now!

I would say that doing something of that magnitude is a must. We can't expect Pasha, Z and Kronwall to carry this team into new era. We need this guys. Nash, Ryan or even doan. Cant get the #1 D this year, must have lethal offense and leadership.

Tootoo sucks ass and half the people in here aref****** morons who know nothing about hockey. He isn't good by any measurement and he is the type of player I NEVER want on my team. Then they gave him a contract that is too big in term and money. He was a healthy scratch for Nashville and worse than everyone on our team and many players of ours in the system. He isn't good defensively, not good offensively, doesn't fight for pucks, doesn't hit well, doesn't pass well, doesn't score, he doesn't play gritty, he is only dirty.

That doesn't win you games, check Avery who is the same type of player, except he had some skill. It is far more likely he does something stupid and someone retaliates on Pavel or someone. The guy was so worthless he never helped the Preds beat us... Last year he was a healthy scratch for them half the games. I look it at this way...

You could have tried for Doan with the money spent on Sam and Tootoo... you could have signed an enforcer for less... or you could have just let the youngsters play with contracts that are half as much as him. Miller, Emmerton, Mursak, Eaves, and Jokaim are all better than Tootoo.

I know half of the people around think this is some sort of grand signing that indicates that we will be a tougher team.

Toughness isn't something measured in hits or fights. It is winning battles for the puck and taking hits and crosschecks going to the tough parts of the ice for loose pucks and goals. The Wings were lacking in this, and still are after wasting 4.9 million yesterday. If these were one year contracts I would ***** about them but I would live with them. These might screw us over in the long term as well.

Just hypothetically, if Weber was available next year and Suter signs here... do you think they could get Weber with 7 million wrapped up in Bertuzzi, Sammy, and Tootoo?!?!? No way in hell. Yet if they didn't sign them to awful contracts prematurely, there would be a chance to bring in Weber and have guys like Tatar, Jurco, and Jarnkrok play for 900k a piece instead.

The time is here for youth, yet three guys are signed that block the way. I never liked any of these guys, and certainly don't at this price.

CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY WHISTLE!!! TOOOOOOOTOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i can't wait to see this kid play. this is one of my favorite signings in a while.

it'll be great for him to leave those demons in nashville and start over with a class group of professionals.

Same here man. He skates fast, plays hard and hits anything that moves... I don't care if he scores 6 goals or 20 goals, he'll contribute a lot more.

Plus he's excited not to mention proud to play for us.

Same here man. He skates fast, plays hard and hits anything that moves... I don't care if he scores 6 goals or 20 goals, he'll contribute a lot more.

Plus he's excited not to mention proud to play for us.

Because unlike Mary Kate and Ashley and a premadona College defenseman, Tootoo knows enough to go where the winning is...poor poor Suter. I hope his marriage survives 13 years of losing...

Not the toughest of guys. But it's a start. I hate to say it but we need a dirty player.. we're too friendly of a team..

Right on. This element has been missing from the Red Wings game since Maltby retired. Maltby used to get under people's skin and he was, much like Tootoo is, despised by the rest of the league.

Right on. This element has been missing from the Red Wings game since Maltby retired. Maltby used to get under people's skin and he was, much like Tootoo is, despised by the rest of the league.

Even more despised = even better. No one fears playing the Red Wings any more. This will be a great improvement. I see Tootoo being more similar to Kocer than Maltby.

Even more despised = even better. No one fears playing the Red Wings any more. This will be a great improvement. I see Tootoo being more similar to Kocer than Maltby.

I guess you mean Kocur? Kocur was known to throw possibly the hardest right in hockey and it destroyed people. Tootoo is not even close, he is an agitator.

I guess you mean Kocur? Kocur was known to throw possibly the hardest right in hockey and it destroyed people. Tootoo is not even close, he is an agitator.

Yes, I meant Kocur, sorry. Tootoo is definitely more of an agitator, like Maltby. I wasn't referring to Tootoo's punching ability, rather his willingness to fight. Unless I'm mistaken, Tootoo fights way more than Maltby ever did. It will be nice to have a guy who will defend the cheep shots that I'm sick of seeing go without repercussion.