• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Red Wings Sign Jordin Tootoo to 3-yr deal, $1.9M/yr

Rate this topic

There arent a lot of dumb penalties with Tootoo really though. He takes guys with him to the box in fights and roughing, but he also draws alot of penalties by pissing guys off

Compared to some guys on the team like Bertuzzi, Tootoo doesnt take many more PIMs while being a legitimate game changer physically. The wings actually may have signed the arguably hardest hitting forward in the league

He's gonna finish every single check, too. I used to absolutely despise him, given all the antics he used to pull, then hide behind a visor. He's become a player that will still raise hell like he used to, just without the cheap antics.

He's gonna finish every single check, too. I used to absolutely despise him, given all the antics he used to pull, then hide behind a visor. He's become a player that will still raise hell like he used to, just without the cheap antics.

Sure, blame an NHL athlete on taking reasonable precautions on his future health and well-being by wearing a visor. Please, wearing a visor has no effect on someones "toughness", if anything it shows they actually have the mental capacity to understand that the benefits of wearing one far outweigh any negative effects it might have.

Sure, blame an NHL athlete on taking reasonable precautions on his future health and well-being by wearing a visor. Please, wearing a visor has no effect on someones "toughness", if anything it shows they actually have the mental capacity to understand that the benefits of wearing one far outweigh any negative effects it might have.

There are plenty of guys in the league that wear visors, and fight. I respect guys that take off the shield before they fight. Guys that fight with it on every single time are annoying. If you're gonna run around, you better be ready to answer the bell.

There are plenty of guys in the league that wear visors, and fight. I respect guys that take off the shield before they fight. Guys that fight with it on every single time are annoying. If you're gonna run around, you better be ready to answer the bell.

Gotcha, well he didn't seem to wear a visor in any fights last year.

wings havent had energy in a while, even in those blowout type games they never looked mad when they were losing. With Smith and Tootoo in the lineup we can hope for some fireworks after the whistles and guys getting ran to try and wake the team up

I was going through my stuff on the counter this morning and came across the program from the Preds v. Wings elimination game.

Enjoy a couple Tootoo tidbits, or Toobits, if you will.

2012-07-29%2014.37.57.jpg

2012-07-29%2014.36.56.jpg

"All dates are perfect". lol

"I've had many problems in my life, most of which were imagined." - Mark Twain

Chuck Dee - AKA Chris

Edited by chuckdee

Great. Now I wish we'd gotten Craig Smith. Cupcakes, dinner, and a concert? And ice cream on top of it?

Gett'er done, Kenny.

You had me at cupcakes.

as of right now, he is the #1 reason i am excited about the 2012-13 season. we may sign somebody else that excites me more, but i seriously doubt it.

Karen Newman? lol i kid.

I'm trying to get my head around what the forward situation is going to be like. Is Tootoo one who will be in the lineup every night. I looked at his stats and his games played are pretty low every year except 11-12 when he played 77 games and 08-09 when he played 72. In 09-10 and 10-11 he played 51 and 54. Was this due to the rehab time or is he a player who used in the lineup when the team need energy or grit?

I'm trying to get my head around what the forward situation is going to be like. Is Tootoo one who will be in the lineup every night. I looked at his stats and his games played are pretty low every year except 11-12 when he played 77 games and 08-09 when he played 72. In 09-10 and 10-11 he played 51 and 54. Was this due to the rehab time or is he a player who used in the lineup when the team need energy or grit?

The games he missed were due to injuries and him being in rehab to start the year. When he was healthy, he was in the lineup. I can't ever remember him being a healthy scratch until the playoffs last year.

I figured that. I was just checking out his stats and I was just surprised by the low number of Games played throughout his career. Hopefully he stays healthy.

Yeah, he's still relatively young. Hopefully he doesn't flop this season, although I don't remember him doing it last year. He's done it in the past, though. I'm excited that we got someone that will consistently play physical and stir things up. Hopefully the league can get it together so the season can start on time.