Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:38 AM

Don't go breaking your mice, Tootoo wrecks shop

#182 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,333 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:59 AM

I like tough gritty, players, but Tootoo is one of my most hated players in the league. Also, I'd say he was more effective as a fighter and a pest several years ago.

Furthermore, as others have said, it'll be harder now to get Parise or Suter.

All of our signings have zero baring on wether we get Parise or Suter.

I really think he could bring out the best of ABdelkader as well. Having a guy with him who runs around nailing guys and isnt afraid to fight will get Abby more involved and increase team toughness more

See, we can agree on things!
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#183 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:09 AM

I've always wanted a player like Tootoo, and received my share of negs for it. I like this signing. He brings energy and speed and is by far the toughest guy we have now.

He has shown good offense instincts in the past, hopefully he can contribute a bit.
Posted Image

#184 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:10 PM

I was never a fan of the guy as a Predator (obviously), but I think a lot of the "crappy dude" stuff just comes from our disdain for him on the ice. I'd like to imagine that the cheap shots will be come less a part of his game as the Wings don't really fly that route. However, I am excited for the grit and annoyance that he'll provide the team. It's something they haven't had since that one Maltby a-hole we all liked so much. :thumbs-up:

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#185 TimmyJoMoFo

TimmyJoMoFo

AF Wings Fan

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:14 PM

Definitely glad we have a little more grit on our team now.

The ONLY person I would hate to see in a Wings jersey would be Pronger... If he ever makes it into the winged wheel somehow... I may just go shoot Ken Holland.

#186 xBflinker

xBflinker

Prospect

• 44 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:21 PM

I personally like this signing and think there's a lot of over reaction going on...don't neccesarily like the cap hit, but Tootoo brings something that the Wings have been missing the past couple seasons. While I did hate him while he was on Nashville, I think he will quickly become a fan favorite in Detroit and I'm glad we don't have to play against him 6 times a season. As for Sammy, thats a whole different story, but 3 out of 4 today isn't bad!

#187 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

This space for rent.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:49 PM

I know. It was a joke.

Uhhhhmm...we were talking about Suter, not Douchebag McWhistle.

Most nights, my posts are brought to you by Heineken and sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13

#188 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,781 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:51 AM

I would imagine he'll wear #22.

Definitely glad we have a little more grit on our team now.

The ONLY person I would hate to see in a Wings jersey would be Pronger... If he ever makes it into the winged wheel somehow... I may just go shoot Ken Holland.

A lot of people said that about Chelios, too.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#189 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:01 AM

I've always wanted a player like Tootoo, and received my share of negs for it. I like this signing. He brings energy and speed and is by far the toughest guy we have now.

He has shown good offense instincts in the past, hopefully he can contribute a bit.

Why does everyone forget about Big Bert? Even with Tootoo out there (who I love by the by so this is sweet!) Big Bert is the most intimidating dude we have by far.
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#190 Stinkyness

Stinkyness

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:07 AM

After the initial hate. I suppose this is a pretty good signing. Sure, he's a d-bag, but he's OUR d-bag now. He frigging bangs and will drop with anyone. And one thing you can say, hate or love him, he has heart and not a little desire.

Cicarelli, Verbeek, a young Maltby, even Chelios, Tootoo, our new little ball of hate will look good in red

#191 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,813 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:11 AM

I've always wondered how I would react to him in a Wings jersey. I guess I get my wish.

I will say this. When we played Nashville I hated when he was on the ice. Not because he could score a goal, but because I knew he had the ability to catch someone with their head down (or up) and wipe them out of the game. He gives 100% when he is skating and doesn't really care what happens to his body when contact is made.

Current LGW Whippin' Boy: Jimmy Howard

HTBanner400x100.jpg

#192 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:23 AM

Unleash him on Weber the first game against the Preds!

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#193 redwings15

redwings15

Rookie

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:42 AM

I'm pretty stoked about this pick up because he's a 30-point agitator. He scored more points than Prust and Moen last year. Yeah, he's only 5'9" but he's bloodied 6'3" guys. You guys need to be like Holland and venture "outside your comfort zone." Sometimes you have to risk it to get the biscuit

#194 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:45 AM

Better than a skill-free goon like Konopka but I'd rather have Ott. Interesting signing nonetheless.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#195 akustyk

akustyk

how painful is painful?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:15 AM

Better than a skill-free goon like Konopka but I'd rather have Ott. Interesting signing nonetheless.

ditto.

I kinda like this signing. he's cheap and he adds Babs flexibility to use a player of this type once in a while.

as for opinions about his play... can't say that I've watched a lot of him recently, but I remember him from
the Preds-Wings 2008 playoff series as being the hardest working guy on their team. not just dishing
questionable hits etc. but simply fighting for all the pucks. is he like this AD 2012-13? dunno.
but I certainly would love an inspired gritty player on this team. for $0.6M a year it's a low risk, high reward
scenario. what's not to like?

EDIT: it's $1.9M per year not for all 3. not cheap for a 4th liner (even with the new cap) but I hope
he earns his money...

Edited by akustyk, 02 July 2012 - 04:10 AM.

#196 jthiel86

jthiel86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:02 AM

I hate him so much, I don't want to win a cup to keep him from winning. I was hoping he wouldn't play another game in the NHL and instead A THREE YEAR CONTRACT HERE?!?!?!

You sir are not a very good fan of the Wings. Tootoo is a Wing now, people need to get over it. Just think of what he may have done to Weber last year had he been on the Wings? I'm sure he would have done a better job than Bert did, even though Bert gave a decent effort.

#197 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:54 AM

I don't mind this signing at all. He'll give the 4th line some identity. Hopefully Abdelkader will follow his lead. He's a hard hitter, drops the gloves, and very annoying.

I like it.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#198 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:02 AM

Assuming Abdelkader is still on the team after we sign or trade other players. It's not written in stone just yet that he or Quincey comes back.
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#199 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:47 AM

ive just been telling myself today that "if youre a grinder and everyone hates you, youre doing a good job"
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#200 Mors

Mors

The Red Death

• HoF Booster
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:35 AM

Tootoo is an ******* on the ice...which is exactly what this team has been lacking for years. I think he'll end up being a fan favorite in no time.