• Please log in to reply
424 replies to this topic

#221 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:48 AM

didnt prust not play alot in nashville?? and was healthy scratch for games ? i dont know we needed grit and toughness but he's 5'9 LOL you think guys like scott thornton wont laugh in his face?

would rather of got brandon prust but i dont think he'd have come here anyways . his girlfriend is from montreal so i dont think anyone but the rangers had a chance at prust

#222 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:35 PM

I love this signing. Tootoo is one of the meanest players in hockey, the fact that we have Bertuzzi and Tootoo on the same team is wicked. I have a feeling this season players will think twice before running ours stars, because they can, finally since the 2008 season, get it back even worse. Well done Kenny, Sammy is meh... but this signing is gold.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan, 03 July 2012 - 03:08 PM.

#NOMOREKINDL

#223 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:57 AM

By the way, another player who shoots right. That's always a positive thing for us!
"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#224 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,610 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:04 PM

He doesn't look too shabby in a Wings jersey.

When it comes right down to it, no one does.

Every team should have their own "Charlie Sheen".

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#225 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:44 PM

Darren Helm - 9g 17a, 26 pts
Jordin Tootoo - 6g 24a, 30 pts

And? That's Tootoo career high so far and his second highest was 18 points. Helm has already hit 32 points in a year and his lowest so far in a full season was 24 points. Again, Helm says hi!!

#226 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

Seeing Red

• PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:51 PM

And? That's Tootoo career high so far and his second highest was 18 points. Helm has already hit 32 points in a year and his lowest so far in a full season was 24 points. Again, Helm says hi!!

So why can't Helm and Tootoo play on the same line and be even more productive? It's fairly clear that you don't like Tootoo, but give the guy a chance. He wasn't signed to put up points.

On a side note, I wonder if Tootoo will be allowed to wear Lebda's #22. Can't imagine he'd live up to the legacy.

#227 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:25 PM

This is what our 4th line needs. (This was this past season btw)

esteef

Edited by esteef, 02 July 2012 - 06:28 PM.

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#228 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

Seeing Red

• PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:34 PM

This is what our 4th line needs. (This was this past season btw)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Pg13Ltc4Mzk

esteef

Exactly. Not sure where all the naysayers are getting this "He's an OK enforcer, but..." stuff from. I've seen him flat out pound guys into the ice who are significantly bigger than him. Sure, he's not 6' 5" but he'll do a better job of protecting guys than Bertuzzi or Abby.

#229 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:36 PM

I love Tootoo and am really excited about this signing. Gives his all on every shift and is a wrecking ball out there. Exactly what the Wings need and have been lacking for some time now.
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#230 JasonNewEra

JasonNewEra

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:37 PM

Can't wait to see the TRAIN steamroll someone. Kronner and him are gonna be fun to watch.

12412215175_9591987538_o.jpg

#231 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:58 PM

I for one, absolutely love this signing. He will bring a physical presence to that the Wings have needed for a while.
be about it!

#232 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,904 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:22 PM

Exactly. Not sure where all the naysayers are getting this "He's an OK enforcer, but..." stuff from. I've seen him flat out pound guys into the ice who are significantly bigger than him. Sure, he's not 6' 5" but he'll do a better job of protecting guys than Bertuzzi or Abby.

He definitely does very well in fights for his size. Though sometimes that's because he drops the gloves and starts swinging before the other guy even knows he's in a fight.

Tootoo is by far one of my least favorite players in the league. I wanted to Detroit to sign a player similar to him, just not him.

#233 akustyk

akustyk

how painful is painful?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:35 PM

Tootoo is by far one of my least favorite players in the league. I wanted to Detroit to sign a player similar to him, just not him.

gotta agree on this one (myself wanted Steve Ott or Chris Neil kind off guy) but it's not like there was an abundance of options to chose from, especially with pure enforcers not being Wings top priority...

#234 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:53 PM

i've been trying to avoid this thread, but it keeps poping up anyway....

I'm pissed with this signing very much. Very. Much. F*ck!!

#235 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:29 PM

He definitely does very well in fights for his size. Though sometimes that's because he drops the gloves and starts swinging before the other guy even knows he's in a fight.

Remainds me of Chelios/Hatcher/Bert... I think that jersey # 22 will be very popular in Detroit
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#236 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:46 PM

Tootoo sucks ass and half the people in here aref****** morons who know nothing about hockey. He isn't good by any measurement and he is the type of player I NEVER want on my team. Then they gave him a contract that is too big in term and money. He was a healthy scratch for Nashville and worse than everyone on our team and many players of ours in the system. He isn't good defensively, not good offensively, doesn't fight for pucks, doesn't hit well, doesn't pass well, doesn't score, he doesn't play gritty, he is only dirty.

That doesn't win you games, check Avery who is the same type of player, except he had some skill. It is far more likely he does something stupid and someone retaliates on Pavel or someone. The guy was so worthless he never helped the Preds beat us... Last year he was a healthy scratch for them half the games. I look it at this way...

You could have tried for Doan with the money spent on Sam and Tootoo... you could have signed an enforcer for less... or you could have just let the youngsters play with contracts that are half as much as him. Miller, Emmerton, Mursak, Eaves, and Jokaim are all better than Tootoo.

I know half of the people around think this is some sort of grand signing that indicates that we will be a tougher team.

Toughness isn't something measured in hits or fights. It is winning battles for the puck and taking hits and crosschecks going to the tough parts of the ice for loose pucks and goals. The Wings were lacking in this, and still are after wasting 4.9 million yesterday. If these were one year contracts I would ***** about them but I would live with them. These might screw us over in the long term as well.

Just hypothetically, if Weber was available next year and Suter signs here... do you think they could get Weber with 7 million wrapped up in Bertuzzi, Sammy, and Tootoo?!?!? No way in hell. Yet if they didn't sign them to awful contracts prematurely, there would be a chance to bring in Weber and have guys like Tatar, Jurco, and Jarnkrok play for 900k a piece instead.

The time is here for youth, yet three guys are signed that block the way. I never liked any of these guys, and certainly don't at this price.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#237 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:53 PM

Tootoo sucks ass and half the people in here aref****** morons who know nothing about hockey. He isn't good by any measurement and he is the type of player I NEVER want on my team. Then they gave him a contract that is too big in term and money. He was a healthy scratch for Nashville and worse than everyone on our team and many players of ours in the system. He isn't good defensively, not good offensively, doesn't fight for pucks, doesn't hit well, doesn't pass well, doesn't score, he doesn't play gritty, he is only dirty.

That doesn't win you games, check Avery who is the same type of player, except he had some skill. It is far more likely he does something stupid and someone retaliates on Pavel or someone. The guy was so worthless he never helped the Preds beat us... Last year he was a healthy scratch for them half the games. I look it at this way...

You could have tried for Doan with the money spent on Sam and Tootoo... you could have signed an enforcer for less... or you could have just let the youngsters play with contracts that are half as much as him. Miller, Emmerton, Mursak, Eaves, and Jokaim are all better than Tootoo.

I know half of the people around think this is some sort of grand signing that indicates that we will be a tougher team.

Toughness isn't something measured in hits or fights. It is winning battles for the puck and taking hits and crosschecks going to the tough parts of the ice for loose pucks and goals. The Wings were lacking in this, and still are after wasting 4.9 million yesterday. If these were one year contracts I would ***** about them but I would live with them. These might screw us over in the long term as well.

Just hypothetically, if Weber was available next year and Suter signs here... do you think they could get Weber with 7 million wrapped up in Bertuzzi, Sammy, and Tootoo?!?!? No way in hell. Yet if they didn't sign them to awful contracts prematurely, there would be a chance to bring in Weber and have guys like Tatar, Jurco, and Jarnkrok play for 900k a piece instead.

The time is here for youth, yet three guys are signed that block the way. I never liked any of these guys, and certainly don't at this price.

Summary: I'm mad and you're all assholes!

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#238 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:54 PM

You heard it here first, Ken Holland is a F****** moron that knows nothing about hockey. :lol:

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#239 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:33 PM

Haha classic, need a kleenex?

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#240 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:47 PM

You must be high. Tootoo wrecks shop. Best signing yet. Surprised he didn't get more money actually. Another steal by Holland.

Edited by number9, 02 July 2012 - 06:49 PM.