• Please log in to reply
424 replies to this topic

#241 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:47 PM

Tootoo sucks ass and half the people in here aref****** morons who know nothing about hockey. He isn't good by any measurement and he is the type of player I NEVER want on my team. Then they gave him a contract that is too big in term and money. He was a healthy scratch for Nashville and worse than everyone on our team and many players of ours in the system. He isn't good defensively, not good offensively, doesn't fight for pucks, doesn't hit well, doesn't pass well, doesn't score, he doesn't play gritty, he is only dirty.

That doesn't win you games, check Avery who is the same type of player, except he had some skill. It is far more likely he does something stupid and someone retaliates on Pavel or someone. The guy was so worthless he never helped the Preds beat us... Last year he was a healthy scratch for them half the games. I look it at this way...

You could have tried for Doan with the money spent on Sam and Tootoo... you could have signed an enforcer for less... or you could have just let the youngsters play with contracts that are half as much as him. Miller, Emmerton, Mursak, Eaves, and Jokaim are all better than Tootoo.

I know half of the people around think this is some sort of grand signing that indicates that we will be a tougher team.

Toughness isn't something measured in hits or fights. It is winning battles for the puck and taking hits and crosschecks going to the tough parts of the ice for loose pucks and goals. The Wings were lacking in this, and still are after wasting 4.9 million yesterday. If these were one year contracts I would ***** about them but I would live with them. These might screw us over in the long term as well.

Just hypothetically, if Weber was available next year and Suter signs here... do you think they could get Weber with 7 million wrapped up in Bertuzzi, Sammy, and Tootoo?!?!? No way in hell. Yet if they didn't sign them to awful contracts prematurely, there would be a chance to bring in Weber and have guys like Tatar, Jurco, and Jarnkrok play for 900k a piece instead.

The time is here for youth, yet three guys are signed that block the way. I never liked any of these guys, and certainly don't at this price.

Hey I hate tootoo too, but the guy is one of the best hitters in the league....

I think tootoo hasn't been as cheap lately so maybe he turned a corner.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH4RvvmQ0Ds"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH4RvvmQ0Ds[/url]
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#242 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,726 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:50 PM

Ya, I don't like Tootoo, especially at 1.9mill. Eaves makes less than this. He ISN'T a good hockey player and is a goon that lives over the line. Not a "wings guy" imo. I don't see him becoming a loved guy in the locker room either. Waste of cap space. This would be one instance where if I were Kenny and had to move a player before the deadline for cap space, I'd trade a recently acquired player.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#243 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,458 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:54 PM

Instantly becomes our toughest player.

#244 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:08 PM

Not a tootoo fan in general,but he's a type of player that lacks here...tough,annoying SOB,that plays every shift on the edge.

He might not be "a wings guy",but he'd learn to play the wings way or send tweets from the press box every other game

#245 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:44 PM

My only hope is that the damned whistles stay in Nashville. I'd like to think we have more sense than they do, and wouldn't even dream of letting those things in the arena.

I must say, though, this is a surprise. I didn't even know we were thinking about him.
Posted Image

#246 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:59 PM

Could be a good signing. Tootoo is one of the few people I really don't like much in the league largely because of past out of control incidents on the ice. That being said he's still one of the biggest pains in the rear to play against that you'd like to have on your side when he's playing under control. Can usually never go wrong with people willing to run through brick walls to hit somebody or make a play.

Hopefully he gets consistent playing time with the salary he got and won't have any bad incidents.

#247 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:43 PM

Tootoo sucks ass and half the people in here aref****** morons who know nothing about hockey. He isn't good by any measurement and he is the type of player I NEVER want on my team. Then they gave him a contract that is too big in term and money. He was a healthy scratch for Nashville and worse than everyone on our team and many players of ours in the system. He isn't good defensively, not good offensively, doesn't fight for pucks, doesn't hit well, doesn't pass well, doesn't score, he doesn't play gritty, he is only dirty.

That doesn't win you games, check Avery who is the same type of player, except he had some skill. It is far more likely he does something stupid and someone retaliates on Pavel or someone. The guy was so worthless he never helped the Preds beat us... Last year he was a healthy scratch for them half the games. I look it at this way...

You could have tried for Doan with the money spent on Sam and Tootoo... you could have signed an enforcer for less... or you could have just let the youngsters play with contracts that are half as much as him. Miller, Emmerton, Mursak, Eaves, and Jokaim are all better than Tootoo.

I know half of the people around think this is some sort of grand signing that indicates that we will be a tougher team.

Toughness isn't something measured in hits or fights. It is winning battles for the puck and taking hits and crosschecks going to the tough parts of the ice for loose pucks and goals. The Wings were lacking in this, and still are after wasting 4.9 million yesterday. If these were one year contracts I would ***** about them but I would live with them. These might screw us over in the long term as well.

Just hypothetically, if Weber was available next year and Suter signs here... do you think they could get Weber with 7 million wrapped up in Bertuzzi, Sammy, and Tootoo?!?!? No way in hell. Yet if they didn't sign them to awful contracts prematurely, there would be a chance to bring in Weber and have guys like Tatar, Jurco, and Jarnkrok play for 900k a piece instead.

The time is here for youth, yet three guys are signed that block the way. I never liked any of these guys, and certainly don't at this price.

You mad bro?

Yeahh.. He's angry!
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#248 Hack & Whack Rule!

Hack & Whack Rule!

Goofy Wingnut

• PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:12 AM

I must have missed the thread where you announced that you were hired to replace Holland because of your extensive knowledge. I also missed the announcement stating that only ******-nozzles are entitled to be correct with their opinions. While I kind of agree with you on some points, you discount people on here asf****** morons because they disagree with you. You could just as easily be wrong with your opinions and assumptions, so I don't think there is any need carry on like that.

edit: spelling and clarification. clarification is that you are ****** (pronounced doosh) nozzle.

Edited by Hack & Whack Rule!, 03 July 2012 - 08:37 AM.

Uhh...you might want to duck!

#249 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:13 AM

It will seem like old times, hating on #22 in the red & white again.

#250 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:32 AM

I must have missed the thread where you announced that you were hired to replace Holland because of you extensive knowledge. I also missed the announcement stating that only ******-nozzles are entitled to be correct with their opinions. While I kind of agree with you on some points, you discount people on here asf****** morons because they disagree with you. You could just as easily be wrong with your opinions and assumptions, so I don't think there is any need carry on like that.

Yeah, you really have to love those uppity fans who think they are the next big thing in hockey knowledge. If you really believe you know as much as you spit out here, why are you posting on a forum and not involved in hockey in some larger capacity?

For the record, I think Nashville wanted Tootoo to play like the old Tootoo (cheap shots and such) and that's why he went out of favor, but let's not forget that the guy put up 30 points playing in the bottom six with nobody that good last season.... sounds like a terrible hockey player to me, too. :taunt:

#251 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:08 AM

Toots is exactlywhat this team needs. SNARL!

Edited by Hatethedrake!, 03 July 2012 - 09:39 AM.

Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#252 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:13 AM

I was VERY surprised and skeptical of this signing, but after reflecting and reading, if Jordin has dealt with his inner demons, and has indeed turned a corner he could end up being a huge x-factor on the fourth line. Ability to wreck shop and chip in some points is something the team hasn't had much of in ages. I'm looking forward to seeing if he can rise to the challenge this year.
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#253 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:20 AM

I'm not sure how I feel about this signing
IPB Image

#254 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:25 AM

If there is any team in the NHL which can help Toots, it's the Red Wings.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#255 StormJH1

StormJH1

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:29 AM

Few days later, and I still HATE this signing. It's far worse than when we gave formerly-hated players like Chelios or Bertuzzi a chance in the Winged Wheel. Those were elite players where you could see the upside of adding them as affordable, declining veterans. Tootoo has never been a good player.

And for the people who say that I only hate him because he's an agitator, and I'll love him on our team: wrong. An "agitator" is one thing - Tootoo is much more akin to a Matt Cooke or Sean Avery type player who plays selfishly and will take dumb penalties. Nashville had even seemed to figure that out and rolled back his playing time significantly.

I feel like everything I always brag about the Red Wings in terms of playing smart finesse hockey, and winning a Cup with only 11 fighting majors goes out the window when we employ crap like this.

#256 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:03 AM

All I can say is if some of you hate it that much then I'm sure the Hawks or yotes would welcome you with open arms. As Martin Pain would say....GET TO STEPPIN!

P.S
I love the signing. TooToo will be great with abby on the 4th.

is that better?=)

Edited by hillbillywingsfan, 03 July 2012 - 12:30 PM.

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#257 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,626 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:06 AM

Uh....nobody really liked the Dallas Drake signing either.... Some of you guys are very finicky....we want toughness, we want someone to stick up for Pav and Z, we want someone who will sacrifice his body, someone to fight in the corners, someone to check people tenasciously...then Holland signs someone like that, and he is only 28 and put in 30 points last season (a career high, so he deserves a raise,) and you all freak out!

If you ask me, a 4th line of Abby - Helm - Tootoo seems to me like a very hard line to play against and one that will generate a TON of excitement with tons of energy and hits...

I like this signing, came out of nowhere and it could be a helpful acquisition in securing Ryan Suter for the next 13 years...and then they BOTH could land us Weber if he becomes a UFA next season...this is no guarantee, but it can't hurt...

Good on you Holland, every year you kick the tires, this year, starting with the draft, you actually have squealed the hell out of those tires and if you can follow this up with Suter, Semin and Nash then those tires will be ripped right from the wheels! Great job so far Kenny, great job!

Edited by LeftWinger, 03 July 2012 - 11:08 AM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#258 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,626 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:24 AM

Also, in the todays NHL you couldn't trade Jordin Tootoo straight up for Jiri Hudler, but I am sure glad we dumped one and got the other! Welcome to Detroit Jordin! (please though, leave the whistle in Nashville, okay?)

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#259 ElCapitan

ElCapitan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:52 AM

I think I am boycotting the Wings. Yep, I don't want this team.

"Adios Mofo." Rick Perry

#260 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:59 AM

Let's get back to discussing the signing, not other members here and their level of Wings loyalty please.