• Please log in to reply
424 replies to this topic

#321 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,931 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:11 AM

Not the toughest of guys. But it's a start. I hate to say it but we need a dirty player.. we're too friendly of a team..

Right on. This element has been missing from the Red Wings game since Maltby retired. Maltby used to get under people's skin and he was, much like Tootoo is, despised by the rest of the league.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#322 ElCapitan

ElCapitan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:34 AM

Right on. This element has been missing from the Red Wings game since Maltby retired. Maltby used to get under people's skin and he was, much like Tootoo is, despised by the rest of the league.

Even more despised = even better. No one fears playing the Red Wings any more. This will be a great improvement. I see Tootoo being more similar to Kocer than Maltby.

#323 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,931 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:05 AM

Even more despised = even better. No one fears playing the Red Wings any more. This will be a great improvement. I see Tootoo being more similar to Kocer than Maltby.

I guess you mean Kocur? Kocur was known to throw possibly the hardest right in hockey and it destroyed people. Tootoo is not even close, he is an agitator.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#324 ElCapitan

ElCapitan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:10 PM

I guess you mean Kocur? Kocur was known to throw possibly the hardest right in hockey and it destroyed people. Tootoo is not even close, he is an agitator.

Yes, I meant Kocur, sorry. Tootoo is definitely more of an agitator, like Maltby. I wasn't referring to Tootoo's punching ability, rather his willingness to fight. Unless I'm mistaken, Tootoo fights way more than Maltby ever did. It will be nice to have a guy who will defend the cheep shots that I'm sick of seeing go without repercussion.

#325 chuckdee

chuckdee

Prospect

• 40 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:22 PM

Poor mans Claude Lemeiux...:/ Not exactly stoked about this one

Edited by chuckdee, 30 July 2012 - 11:43 AM.

#326 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:51 PM

Poor mans Claude Lemeiux...:/ Not exactly stoked about this one

If he can be half as useful in the playoffs (Conn Smythe) then I'd say it's a good signing!!
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#327 2probert4

2probert4

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:45 AM

I wanted the Wings to add some grit, but Tootoo would be about at the bottom of my list.

Dirty player. Questionable defensively.

Don't forget "can't skate" , "poor puck-handler", and lacks discipline.. Jury is out on this one.....

#328 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:53 AM

With every passing day I hate this signing more. With every passing post trying to tell me this was a good move, I respect the Hockey IQ of this fan base less. I don't know how many times I said what an awful hockey player he was in Nashville and used it as an example of their ignorance. Someone said it so well on another thread... with a player with such on and off ice issues given too much money and term, it seems inconceivable that Holland cannot go after Semin.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#329 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:52 AM

With every passing day I hate this signing more. With every passing post trying to tell me this was a good move, I respect the Hockey IQ of this fan base less. I don't know how many times I said what an awful hockey player he was in Nashville and used it as an example of their ignorance. Someone said it so well on another thread... with a player with such on and off ice issues given too much money and term, it seems inconceivable that Holland cannot go after Semin.

Get over it,He is red wing for 3 years,complaining about how you hate this signing or how bad jordin tootoo is as a player is not going to change anything

#330 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:06 PM

Get over it,He is red wing for 3 years,complaining about how you hate this signing or how bad jordin tootoo is as a player is not going to change anything

Are you sure that if someone complains about it in every thread that Holland won't change his mind and trade him off of the wings?
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#331 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:19 PM

He' such an awful hockey player, yet he scored 30 points in 77 games last year. Why don't we compare his production to a few of our bottom 6ers:

Cory Emmerton: 10 points in 71 games
Justin Abdelkader: 22 points in 81 games
Drew Miller: 25 points in 80 games

Still look like a terrible hockey player? He's got some offensive touch and he'll add that element of grit that we haven't seen in a while.

Tootoo was a healthy scratch in the playoffs because they had acquired Paul Gaustad and Brandon Yip before the playoffs, giving them depth at forward.

It is so funny that people hate Jordin Tootoo because of his past. Yet, we loved Chris Chelios, who wasn't the cleanest player before he came here. Bertuzzi threw a pretty big cheapshot, yet we seem cool with him here.

Just because people don't agree wholeheartedly with your stance on Tootoo doesn't mean the fanbase has a "Low IQ". As I've shown, Tootoo outproduced many players on this team last year, and should be a welcome addition to the team, considering he also has a pair of balls.

Are you sure that if someone complains about it in every thread that Holland won't change his mind and trade him off of the wings?

He texted me earlier and mentioned that everyone's negative opinions on LGW were bothering him. He proceeded to ask me what my opinion was. Told me Tootoo's future rested with my opinion of him.

Guys, he isn't going anywhere. Blame me if you don't like him.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#332 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,612 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:22 PM

Sure, Tootoo isn't Parise, he isnt Nash or Ryan, but he does change the way other teams have ot play against us....not many people liked the Drake signing either, but he did the same thing, made it harder to play against us....

If you don't like us or the Wings anymore, I feel the obligatory "Go Root For The <insert team name here> Then..." comment is warranted here...but in the end, I think everyone will be happy with Tootoo. He isnt gonna win us the Stanley Cup, but it was a pretty good pickup...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#333 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:51 PM

He' such an awful hockey player, yet he scored 30 points in 77 games last year. Why don't we compare his production to a few of our bottom 6ers:

Cory Emmerton: 10 points in 71 games
Justin Abdelkader: 22 points in 81 games
Drew Miller: 25 points in 80 games

Still look like a terrible hockey player? He's got some offensive touch and he'll add that element of grit that we haven't seen in a while.

Tootoo was a healthy scratch in the playoffs because they had acquired Paul Gaustad and Brandon Yip before the playoffs, giving them depth at forward.

It is so funny that people hate Jordin Tootoo because of his past. Yet, we loved Chris Chelios, who wasn't the cleanest player before he came here. Bertuzzi threw a pretty big cheapshot, yet we seem cool with him here.

Just because people don't agree wholeheartedly with your stance on Tootoo doesn't mean the fanbase has a "Low IQ". As I've shown, Tootoo outproduced many players on this team last year, and should be a welcome addition to the team, considering he also has a pair of balls.

He texted me earlier and mentioned that everyone's negative opinions on LGW were bothering him. He proceeded to ask me what my opinion was. Told me Tootoo's future rested with my opinion of him.

Guys, he isn't going anywhere. Blame me if you don't like him.

I blame you all the time. =)
But yeah people need to stop and look at the numbers before saying he is the worse player in the league. If thats the case then what do we call Emmerton? Hell he shouldn't even be playing. He should just be our Ice Girl.
I know TooToo has done some things in the past that we all have been like wtf about...but so did chris c and bert and look how they turned out. I am excited to see tootoo on the line with helm and abby maybe? wow.

Edited by hillbillywingsfan, 10 July 2012 - 12:55 PM.

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#334 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:03 PM

He will quickly....i repeat quickly become a red wing and red wing fan favorite. He alone will get the Joe rocking game after game. Gritty nasty f***** that we all bitched and worried about every time we played the preds....now other fan bases and teams can ***** and worry about playing against him....he will put up 40pts this year....mark it dude!!!

#335 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:07 PM

And with every passing day, it should become more and more apparent nobody gives a s*** what you feel about the signing, maybe you should join a fanbase with a much better hockey IQ like Toronto or Van.

Edited by ben_usmc, 10 July 2012 - 04:09 PM.

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#336 herry

herry

Draftee

• 7 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:12 PM

it seems inconceivable that Holland cannot go after Semin.

i'm pretty sure that holland has heard of semin. holland's problem has never been that he doesn't go after anybody. he went after suter and parise. he didn't get them. if he gets nash, or weber, or doan, or some combination therein, nobody will be shaking over suter and parise in minnesota. we do still have zetterberg and datsyuk. ian white. jimmy howard. cleary. franzen. kronwall. minnesota is trying to keep up. it's not like they suddenly leapt ahead of detroit.

i think i'll keep holland.

#337 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:14 PM

Tootoo is the only guy that will/can stand up for his teammates. Think he gets the C?

#338 herry

herry

Draftee

• 7 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:12 PM

i think there are several guys who can stand up for their teammates. i think there is one guy who is suddenly much more probable.

there were any number of wings on the ice when shea weber bashed zetterberg's head into the glass over and over.

nobody did anything. it was almost disgusting. shanny would have gone berzerk had somebody done that to yzerman. chelios would have instantly punched somebody.

they left zetterberg out to dry. that should never happen.

#339 Rick

Rick

Rookie

• Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:58 PM

well the dude is certainly brave:

Edited by Rick, 11 July 2012 - 01:00 PM.

#340 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:04 PM

Im not sure who looks stupider, Tootoo with the Tee-Cup or the Pink pants dude
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca