• Please log in to reply
424 replies to this topic

#121 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:06 AM

brain fart who has worn number 22 in detroit?

#122 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:06 PM

He's one of those guys that you're glad he is on your team because you won't have to play against him anymore...

No, he is not one of those guys. He is one of those guys that you would always expect an organization like Detroit to stay away from. If indeed he has cleaned up his act and proves to be a worthy acquisition and can show a little class, I'll be the first to say good on him and Kenny Holland for seeing it in him.

But until then, this seems like a very bad use of space and money to say the least.

#123 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:07 PM

^ Lebda!

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#124 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

You know what would have been better than Sammy and Tootoo... DOAN AND IT WOULDN"T HAVE COST AS MUCH!!!!!
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#125 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

I STILL HATE BERTUZZI!!!

Everyone in here is a moron. The only reason people hated to play him is he is dirty and plays dirty. He doesn't make the team better, he won't win us any games. He doesn't even deserve a third of the salary they just paid him, and there was a chance he wouldn't have signed ANYWHERE! He was a a healthy scratch in Nashville where they have no forwards to speak of and paid Gaustad 3.5 to fill Tootoo's roster spot. HORRIBLE# MOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Youre the moron. He outscored everyone of our bottom 6 players last year and hes tougher than all of them too. He was scratched against Detroit because Detroit was a team soft as baby s*** and didnt need any tuoghness in the lineup

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#126 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,059 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:08 PM

I do like this signing.

I do.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#127 JasonNewEra

JasonNewEra

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:11 PM

Maybe... We are all freaking out before we even see him play? Naw, that'd be too much. Pathetic Wings fans...

12412215175_9591987538_o.jpg

#128 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,848 posts

Good signing. Very, very tough player who puts up a ton of points from the 4th line. I love agitators. Hopefully in a few seasons he'll be on a 4th line with Mitch Callahan.

I can see it now... Tootoo - Abdelkader - Callahan

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#129 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

This could be the best "jersey number drama" since Mike Commodore had his half a cup of coffee.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#130 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:14 AM

yep, lebderp.

ciccarelli
knuble
Posted Image

#131 Glubki

Glubki

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:16 PM

Brad Park - hasn't been mentioned yet...

Edited by Glubki, 01 July 2012 - 07:19 PM.

If you have an online nemesis you are spending too much time online....

#132 Jericho613

Jericho613

Give Nothing, Take Everything

• PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:19 PM

I thought Tootoo was benched so that the Preds could play Radulov.

#133 crispychris

crispychris

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:24 PM

In the past I have not liked him at all. I think he's one of those guys that if he is on your team you love him. This past season I thought he scored some nice goals and had some great assists. And man, does the man skate HARD!!!!! It is going to take some getting used to but I feel it is going to be a good thing. I think he could do very well in Detroit. We are going to have one hell of a checking line.

#134 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:26 PM

i dont know how i feel about this...Does he kill penalties?

#135 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:27 PM

Not thrilled and I don't know the crap he has gone through in the past until he got here, but I'm willing to watch and see how he does wearing our jersey. Throwing a fit won't do anything now. Hopefully his upside will shine through.

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#136 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:29 AM

K whoever thinks Tootoo is a dirtbag you clearly dont know Tootoo and ur just making assumptions about him

I know 2 different people who have met him and both said the guy was the definition of classy and respectful. One was my friends mother (she's a diehard wing/hockey fan, hates the preds) and she described him as one of the nicest and most polite men she has ever met. I don't remember the whole story of how she ran into him, but something like he ended up going way out of his way to get her a signed puck and stuff. He's been her favorite non-wing for a while now. I think all you Tootoo haters are gonna get to know this guy and really like him.

#137 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:29 PM

yeah would have took doan over this guy

#138 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:30 PM

i dont know how i feel about this...Does he kill penalties?

No he's usually the one to commit the penalities.

He's a 4th line energy player/agitator, that has the potential to score 30+ points. He will help offensively and physically.

#139 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,912 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:32 AM

K whoever thinks Tootoo is a dirtbag you clearly dont know Tootoo and ur just making assumptions about him

I know 2 different people who have met him and both said the guy was the definition of classy and respectful. One was my friends mother (she's a diehard wing/hockey fan, hates the preds) and she described him as one of the nicest and most polite men she has ever met. I don't remember the whole story of how she ran into him, but something like he ended up going way out of his way to get her a signed puck and stuff. He's been her favorite non-wing for a while now. I think all you Tootoo haters are gonna get to know this guy and really like him.

I'm not talking about Tootoo the person. I'm talking about Tootoo the player. And he's a dirty player.

He's bitten guys, thrown cheap hits, and often drops the gloves and starts swinging before the other guy even realizes he's in a fight.

Like I said, my biggest issue is he's a dirty player and not good defensively.

#140 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:33 PM

I don't think he was very impressive against us in the playoffs