• Please log in to reply
424 replies to this topic

#161 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:45 PM

oh yeah 100% agreed with you on that one....he's an agitator it's what he does. At least he'll be doing it for us and he has good locker room presence. Some people are talkin like he's locker room cancer and I don't think he is at all.

He won most popular player on one team he was on. I think he's generally well liked in the locker room and I've never heard of him having a bad attitude.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#162 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:47 PM

I've been thinking on this all day. At first I was like many of you, shocked, hurt, betrayed, sickened, and had convulsions (More than normal). But I kept thinking. This guy was on the A-1 dickhead list. Upper tier disturber. I hated hear those whistles (and put me down for banishment of those things) because something stupid and painful could well happen to the Wings.

I kept thinking. A heat seeking missile some nights might just be what they need. Someone to crank somebody into next Tuesday from the forward position ala Kronwall from defense. Somebody the other team really gets distracted by. He wouldn't have lasted this long if he couldn't do something right.

Yeah, I know, it's Jordin Tootoo. I know. Same thing with Chelios. Laimbeer was an ass in Cleveland before he got to Detroit. I'm adopting a wait and see attitude. He might workout. He might not. He'll be playing with better linemates in Detroit overall and it would appear he'll be highly motivated. A highly motivated checker and dastardly hitter is what a lot of people here clamor for no?

If Patrick Kane, zee hockey player, does his next Discover card ad in a full body cast compliments of Tootoo it would go a long way to making things right.

Edited by Jersey Wing, 01 July 2012 - 08:48 PM.

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#163 shoe

shoe

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:53 PM

I really liked him when he played for the Canadian Junior team years back, I was a bit shocked to read they signed him but at the same time Im kind of excited to see what happens next year now. Sometimes guys do better with a change of scenery, lets hope he is one of those guys. Id actually like to see him and Cleary on a line together.

#164 zztop40

zztop40

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:53 AM

Will I like Tootoo as a Wing? Yes....but fans please don't start with the whistle s***...for sure I would not go to the Joe for a game

#165 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:58 PM

I hated Tootoo because of the way he annoyed me, but now I am glad he will be annoying other fans. I am glad to have him as long as he doesn't commit stupid penalties on a regular basis.

And please fans, do NOT carry over that damn whistle.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#166 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:02 AM

fans please don't start with the whistle s***...for sure I would not go to the Joe for a game

I think all Wings fans need to make a formal agreement that anyone blowing one of those stupid ******* things at the Joe gets an immediate beat down. We need to nip that shlt in the bud immediately.

#167 grimace1970

grimace1970

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:08 PM

Hey, in similar news, I heard we were going to bring out of retirement and sign Sean Avery! I know, I know, but think about it! He's just what we..

Forget it, I can't hold it up. This sucks.

#168 Lazerbeam

Lazerbeam

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:11 PM

Jordin Tootoo? What the f*** is GOING ON HERE?!?!?!!?!

A backup goalie. A guy from the Swiss league. Jordin Tootoo. Mikael Samuelsson. Is this one of my Xanax nightmares? I wanna puke.

If anyone needs me for the next few minutes, I will be in my car with the engine on and the garage door shut.

Jordin Tootoo. HEALTHY SCRATCH for 7 of the 10 Predators playoff games. Guy wasn't good enough to play in Nashville. 1.9 MILLION?!??!?!?!?

$3 million a year for Mikaelf****** Samuelsson???? Oh and a NO TRADE CLAUSE TO BOOT!!

Samuelsson is an abortion in his own zone. Was so happy he left. What a NIGHTMARE. Just announce Homer is coming back so u can finish me off

Edited by Lazerbeam, 01 July 2012 - 09:23 PM.

#169 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:14 PM

I hated Tootoo because of the way he annoyed me, but now I am glad he will be annoying other fans. I am glad to have him as long as he doesn't commit stupid penalties on a regular basis.

And please fans, do NOT carry over that damn whistle.

i mailed my tootoo whistle to JLA with a note that said please carry on the annoying tradition :sneaky:

#170 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,135 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:22 PM

http://www.mlive.com...rdin_tooto.html

Sounds like he might've been a fallback plan....

Tootoo, who is close friends with Red Wings forward Darren Helm, said the offer from Detroit came out of the blue.

The Red Wings hadn't contacted his representatives in the days leading up to the start of free agency Sunday until Detroit general manager Ken Holland suddenly made an offer.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#171 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,504 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:29 PM

i mailed my tootoo whistle to JLA with a note that said please carry on the annoying tradition :sneaky:

Any self-respecting Wings fan who has one of those whistles or uses it should be forcibly ejected from JLA, permanently banned -- after being forced to eat or otherwise ingest said whistle.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#172 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:31 PM

I am so happy with this signing even to just upset everyone's perfect red wings apple cart. Tootoo brings snarl, hitting and intensity something the wings lack and something I'll enjoy watching. Would everyone prefer some small soft skilled player to this guy on the fourth line? Come on men this is hockey

Edited by cnot19, 01 July 2012 - 09:33 PM.

Get me a real fourth line Kenny!

#173 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,154 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:35 AM

I am so happy with this signing even to just upset everyone's perfect red wings apple cart. Tootoo brings snarl, hitting and intensity something the wings lack and something I'll enjoy watching. Would everyone prefer some small soft skilled player to this guy on the fourth line? Come on men this is hockey

There's more options than just small soft skill player or cheapshotting 4th liner who's bad defensively.

#174 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:39 PM

There's more options than just small soft skill player or cheapshotting 4th liner who's bad defensively.

Having watched Nashville for a while I'll respectfully disagree with the bad defensive tag. I think he's ok defensively and is not a liability on the ice. No doubt there are other players out there, but bit seems everyone wants a guy who has never done anything over or on the edge in their career
Get me a real fourth line Kenny!

#175 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,945 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:45 PM

I like this signing. People have been wanting grit for a long time, and that's what Tootoo brings. An Abby-Helm-Tootoo line will be great!
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#176 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:50 PM

Maybe... We are all freaking out before we even see him play? Naw, that'd be too much. Pathetic Wings fans...

What? We've been watching the douchebag play classless hockey for years, what are you talking about?

#177 Number19

Number19

I like our team

• PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:51 AM

Even though he's a dirty player and healthy scratch for the team that knocked us out I'm somewhat content about this signing. He's got an odd likability to him and he gives us some sandpaper.

Edited by Number19, 02 July 2012 - 02:53 AM.

#178 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:59 PM

I really think he could bring out the best of ABdelkader as well. Having a guy with him who runs around nailing guys and isnt afraid to fight will get Abby more involved and increase team toughness more

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#179 Number19

Number19

I like our team

• PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:10 AM

Another plus if it helps bring Suter.

#180 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,154 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:14 PM

Having watched Nashville for a while I'll respectfully disagree with the bad defensive tag. I think he's ok defensively and is not a liability on the ice. No doubt there are other players out there, but bit seems everyone wants a guy who has never done anything over or on the edge in their career

I think he's gotten a bit better over the years, but didn't they sit him for almost all of the playoffs last year?

I'm not being a smartass, I'm just making sure he wasn't injured and I forgot. But it doesn't show a lot of confidence in his play.

I know what you're saying. I'm definitely not hung up on the Wings being "classy." I'd take guys like Pronger and Doan here in a heartbeat, and both are on and sometimes over the edge. But they're beasts.

I like the wings having a guy who will drop the gloves. Unfortunately with Tootoo he often doesn't give the other guy a chance to get his off before he starts throwing haymakers.