• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Crashnburnluder

Now what?

Rate this topic

Well with the Signing of Samuelsson and Tootoo, where does detroit go next...

According to NHLNumbers.com with this signings we have 19 million left in cap room. This does not include Forwards Brunner and Nyquist. This also does not include RFA Abdelkader. This leaves us with 13 forwards plus the other 3 not listed to make 16. Who goes where, what is up Holland's sleeve?

Time to speculate

So many forwards, not enough lines. I really think a trade is coming out of this. Or at least I hope so, because right now if we don't get Parise or Suter which is far from a sure thing we are going to be a worse team than we were last season, and that's just unnacceptable with the money we have to spend.

Extra bodies = opportunity for the Nash deal. If the price stays high on Nash and a deal with Parise isn't met. Ken now has the option to dish away assets for a guaranteed top-six forward in Nash, while still having NHL talent throughout the line-up. By no means is he done yet.

Well i think we'll get suter at around an 8 mil cap hit and abby for around 2 mil leaving 9 million in space. And we still have to sign quincy with that. Barring a salary dump trade I don;t think we're getting parise.

Unless the plan is to let Abby walk with his replacement being Tootoo, then the cap space is around the 8mil

Has to be a trade coming, but hopefully we try and move Franzen before Filppula

Agreed

Too too is a great 4th liner and Samuelsson is a great 3rd liner ... No way our forwards our worse than last year... Pretty much guarantee suter to Detroit. Trade for Nash and im a happy camper. 7.6M is harsh but Nash is a much better option than Pairise except for losing Flippula likely. We need goal scorers

The signings we are making now indicate to me we very well might be out of Parise race. We dont really have cap room anymore to sign Parise+Suter+Quincey+Abdelkader plus we have a lot of forwards signed. This suggests to me we are out on parise and I wont be surprised if we are building depth to trade multiple forwards for Nash

Carolina was one of the teams listed.... I highly doubt thats true. I don't see him going to the Canes. Nor do I see him signing in Minnesota, home town state or not. He wants to WIN. So I just don't see much truth to that. We shall see tomorrow!

wait....if Tootoo replaces Holmstrom and Samuelsson replaces Hudler....how is that too many forwards?

Because Brunner is supposed to be "in our top 6" and then Nyquist is supposed to be a rostered player and then Abdelkader will just replace his old spot. 16 Forwards is way to many to carry.

I know our D isn't set you and it will be interesting how that pans out. I don't know how Smith cap hit works out but we have 5 signed with Smith and hoping Suter will be on that list too. After that we have Quincey that can be resigned and guys like Garrison are still remaining. It all depends which way we want to go.

We have 19 left according to NHLnumbers.com but Adding smith, nyquist, and Brunner that drops. Also add abby when he resigns. Then you add cap when we have to trade guys away cause somebody has to get moved or waived.

Too too is a great 4th liner and Samuelsson is a great 3rd liner ... No way our forwards our worse than last year... Pretty much guarantee suter to Detroit. Trade for Nash and im a happy camper. 7.6M is harsh but Nash is a much better option than Pairise except for losing Flippula likely. We need goal scorers

Parise is a goal-scorer. And he's better than Nash overall. Why does it seem like pratically no one around here knows anything about the guy?

Not that I disagree with where you're coming from. Just sayin'.

Edited by Dabura

Now I'm hoping and praying that we can at least get Suter and we make a BIG Trade. Very disappointed in these signings. I really can't express how bad I feel without using some foul language and I don't wanna get kicked off here for my Angry Words right now.

Now I'm hoping and praying that we can at least get Suter and we make a BIG Trade. Very disappointed in these signings. I really can't express how bad I feel without using some foul language and I don't wanna get kicked off here for my Angry Words right now.

Clearly you don't participate in the play by play during games on these forums :)

This is what I'm expecting.......

Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Rick Nash ($7.800m)

Damien Brunner ($0.925m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Alexander Semin ($5.500m)

Mikael Samuelsson ($3.000m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)

Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.250m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)

Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Ryan Suter ($7.500m) / Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m)

Kyle Quincey ($3.750m) / Ian White ($2.875m)

Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)

Sean O'Donnell ($0.850m) /

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $68,404,167; BONUSES: $37,500

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,795,833

There is nof****** trade that makes any sense. The only thing I want is Sammy and Tootoo gone. I will keep five sammuelsons if we can get rid of Tootoo NOW.

I am sof****** pissed. I have no faith in this team now, and it has too many people I hate on it now.

This is what I'm expecting.......

Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Rick Nash ($7.800m)

Damien Brunner ($0.925m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Alexander Semin ($5.500m)

Mikael Samuelsson ($3.000m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)

Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.250m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)

Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Ryan Suter ($7.500m) / Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m)

Kyle Quincey ($3.750m) / Ian White ($2.875m)

Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)

Sean O'Donnell ($0.850m) /

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $68,404,167; BONUSES: $37,500

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,795,833

i really like that roster

7 1/2 hours into FA, the big names all still out there, we have offers in for them, a boatload of cap space left, and a bunch of players to give us a ton of flexibility for trades or roster depth...

And you're angry? Expecting a little much I think...