• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Crashnburnluder

Now what?

Rate this topic

i really like that roster

That isn't a stanley cup roster. That's an out in the first round again roster.

7 1/2 hours into FA, the big names all still out there, we have offers in for them, a boatload of cap space left, and a bunch of players to give us a ton of flexibility for trades or roster depth...

And you're angry? Expecting a little much I think...

What cap space? We now have ~8 mil to spend if we resign abby

I think you need to do your math again.

I pulled this number from another thread, should have checked the math. I hate the Sammy signing because I feel like we're pretty much going to lose Flip or Franzen. I wouldn't mind losing Franzen, but I believe Flip is too valuable at this point. 12 Million isn't enough to sign both Suter and another top 6 forward, nor do we have roster space for one without a trade.

Edited by Lonewuhf

Dont forget - theres the 10% overage rule for the cap in the offseason which gives us an additional 7 million to spend. If anyone isnt connecting the dots its likely that a forward or two will be dealt either one way or another. We are still competitive and above average if we stand pat on forward now - but if we can package a deal for Nash or sign Parise/Semin and send a few of our boys elsewhere for a few picks I wont be suprised.

I read Holland, Illitch and Babcock met with Parise at 3pm in Toronto today, the signings of Samuelson and TooToo didn't happen until after 3pm. I bet they knew they weren't getting Parise after the meeting, so now they are moving to plan B which is probably trade for Nash or Ryan.

I read Holland, Illitch and Babcock met with Parise at 3pm in Toronto today, the signings of Samuelson and TooToo didn't happen until after 3pm. I bet they knew they weren't getting Parise after the meeting, so now they are moving to plan B which is probably trade for Nash or Ryan.

His agent cancelled all face-to-face pitches because the demmand was so high. Twitter was reporting the Wings had made their offer around 1:30 - I still think there's a chance to grab both, but I think Suter and a trade is more likely.

Consider this: (players listed in no particular order)

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Damien Brunner ($0.925m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Mikael Samuelsson ($3.000m)

Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.866m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)

Jan Mursak ($0.550m) / Danny Cleary ($2.800m) / Drew Miller ($0.838m)

DEFENSEMEN

Ryan Suter ($8.000m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Ian White ($2.875m)

Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Kyle Quincey ($3.250m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) /

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP:
$70,200,000;
CAP PAYROLL:
$64,524,962;
BONUSES:
$37,500

CAP SPACE (24-man roster):
$5,675,038

Now we HAVE to lose some fwd depth. Eaves and Miller aren't likely to be traded imo. I think that with all those forwards Kenny is working on a serious trade for a Ryan or Nash. Trading Fil, Franzen, Mursak, 1st for Nash then signing Semin would be a good solution to this riddle.
Edited by dirtydangles

7 1/2 hours into FA, the big names all still out there, we have offers in for them, a boatload of cap space left, and a bunch of players to give us a ton of flexibility for trades or roster depth...

And you're angry? Expecting a little much I think...

Perhaps, but we only have about $17 Million left in Cap Space as per Cap Geek. Yes I really don't want Parise and Suter really do think we need them both. Obviously we need Suter more than Parise but it would be nice to have a big-name forward to help bolster our offense a bit more. Yes I do want them both and no I don't want to over-pay for them but this is the first Off-Season in a long time that we've had this much Cap Space and I really do want to make a big splash becasue I'd like to see the Wings win at least one more Cup in my lifetime.

Parise's agent canceled all meeting today. Holland, Illitch and Babcock did not meet with Parise.

Well i think we'll get suter at around an 8 mil cap hit and abby for around 2 mil leaving 9 million in space. And we still have to sign quincy with that. Barring a salary dump trade I don;t think we're getting parise.

Guest irishock

I wouldn't be surprised if our lineup on opening night is

Bert-Pavs-Mule

Flip-Z-Sammy

Cleary-Helm-Miller

Tootoo-Abby-Brunner

Nyquist/Mursak

Suter-Kronwall

Smith-White

Ericsson-Quincey

Howard

Gustafsson

I am simply keeping my mouth shut and waiting till 1am on Tuesday morning before I trash the entire organization or praise it. There's just has to be more coming.