• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

Hey what do you think of 7 Million in two years for X player

Rate this topic

We could have given a player 7 million over two years no problem, but that is what Sammy, Bert, and Tootoo are making now...

I swear to god, what a waste of money. I have never been more livid over signings. No signing has ever angered me more than that dirtbag Tootoo. I am so pissed off at the choices and the cap management.

Dude, its just Day 1, off-season is far from over.

THESE ARE PEOPLE I HATE AND MULTI YEAR DEALS!!!!!!!!!

It doesn't matter if they get Parise and Suter, this f***s our cap. It would prevent us from signing and trading in the future. Oh and we only have TWO D MEN SIGNED FOR MORE THAN ONE YEAR!!!! Don't you think the 4.9 million would come in handy for that?!?!?!?! WHAT AWFUL MOVES!!!!!!!!!!!

Did it cross your mind that Holland might be working towards a trade?

Because that's a possibility too.

He could have been working a trade AND signed better quality depth players in the process... Asham and Winchester still out there for grit and for skill Jagr, Arnott, Sturm...

maybe a pass on Sammy, but the Tootoo signing is horrible

I understand that this is a polarising signing, but seriously, what are you going to do? Stop supporting the Wings? What if they prove to be steller signings and help win us the cup this year? Don't necessarily think that disliking someone for their past actions should preclude them from doing well in the future and turning a new leaf. Avery wasn't a d*** when he came here, why would you think Tootoo would be?

There's still a lot of time to sign free agents and we have a lot of pieces to trade if needs be so we're in a pretty strong position on all fronts - have cap space to sign FAs, have pieces to trade, have depth so that trades don't criple us.

I'm still going to support the Wings no matter what and support the players who put on that jersey every night and go out there and give their all to win. If someone does something reprehensible I'll ***** about them letting us down, but if they play good clean hockey and have a real desire to win then I'll love them. Don't knock someone for their past indiscretions, everyone has them and no one wants to be defined by them.

Almost forgot about the backup goalie need: Gustavsson

yeah i just remembered we have holland not holmgren....history and experience says they're will be no trade :whatsthat:

Don't forget that they added a couple RH shots: Tootoo and Brunner

And speed: Brunner

His not going to trade Sammy ... Maybe trade Filppula ... or Quincey & Abby's rights ... don't know yet ...

I wouldn't mind seeing Quincey Abby 1st round Filppula for Nash + Signing Suter ... on top of that having tootoo to backup our stars ...

His not going to trade Sammy ... Maybe trade Filppula ... or Quincey & Abby's rights ... don't know yet ...

I wouldn't mind seeing Quincey Abby 1st round Filppula for Nash + Signing Suter ... on top of that having tootoo to backup our stars ...

swap Filppula with Franzen and i'm on board.

always a possibility....yet Holland's not that kind of guy. Could happen but I don't expect it. In fact I very much see him standing pat. After all what did he want?

a scorer in the top 6: Brunner

grit in the bottom 6: Tootoo

scoring depth: Sammy

replacement for stewie: Quincey

replacement for Lids: Suter

Except if we re-sign Abby we'd then have two extra forwards on the roster. Nyquist could still be sent to GR, but there's still at least one forward to move, assuming we don't try to add another top 6 forward.

Given Holland's comment about 'kids not developing', I have a feeling we may move Emmerton and Mursak, though I wouldn't be totally shocked if we tried getting them through waivers. Depending on who we sign we could also move someone higher paid like Flip and/or Cleary.

Long story short, I don't think we're done at forward, and Sammy/Tootoo/Brunner are just giving us more options.

Wings are a front runner for Nash... Deal could take weaks though. Holland probably knows Parise isn't going to sign here so made these deals so he can trade some forwards for a big top six forward. The team is better and will be a perfect offseason if we get Nash for Flippula, Mursak, Cleary and picks if CBJ wants more than that I would be reluctant. Franzen needs to stay flippulas skill set is similar to a lot of our players we need goal scorers

Did it cross your mind that Holland might be working towards a trade?

Because that's a possibility too.

always a possibility....yet Holland's not that kind of guy. Could happen but I don't expect it. In fact I very much see him standing pat. After all what did he want?

a scorer in the top 6: Brunner

grit in the bottom 6: Tootoo

scoring depth: Sammy

replacement for stewie: Quincey

replacement for Lids: Suter

Number9 I hate when people use logic. You just pissed on my parade. You are probably 100% correct.

Almost forgot about the backup goalie need: Gustavsson

yeah i just remembered we have holland not holmgren....history and experience says they're will be no trade :whatsthat:

how is holland working a trade when sammy has a NTC?

The trade wouldn't involve newly signed players. The swap would include guys that were already on the team and as a result, the guys Holland brought in yesterday would help round our the roster when (likely) multiple players would go the other way for the high-end talent (I.E. Ryan, Nash).

None of these signings are our job or responsiblity, so there's not much we can do besides support our team. There are plenty of players I don't like and get emotional about, but in the end I will support the Wings team that management puts together for us.