• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:30 PM

always a possibility....yet Holland's not that kind of guy. Could happen but I don't expect it. In fact I very much see him standing pat. After all what did he want?

a scorer in the top 6: Brunner
grit in the bottom 6: Tootoo
scoring depth: Sammy
replacement for stewie: Quincey
replacement for Lids: Suter

Except if we re-sign Abby we'd then have two extra forwards on the roster. Nyquist could still be sent to GR, but there's still at least one forward to move, assuming we don't try to add another top 6 forward.

Given Holland's comment about 'kids not developing', I have a feeling we may move Emmerton and Mursak, though I wouldn't be totally shocked if we tried getting them through waivers. Depending on who we sign we could also move someone higher paid like Flip and/or Cleary.

Long story short, I don't think we're done at forward, and Sammy/Tootoo/Brunner are just giving us more options.

#22 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,925 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:45 PM

Wings are a front runner for Nash... Deal could take weaks though. Holland probably knows Parise isn't going to sign here so made these deals so he can trade some forwards for a big top six forward. The team is better and will be a perfect offseason if we get Nash for Flippula, Mursak, Cleary and picks if CBJ wants more than that I would be reluctant. Franzen needs to stay flippulas skill set is similar to a lot of our players we need goal scorers

#23 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:30 PM

how is holland working a trade when sammy has a NTC?

The trade wouldn't involve newly signed players. The swap would include guys that were already on the team and as a result, the guys Holland brought in yesterday would help round our the roster when (likely) multiple players would go the other way for the high-end talent (I.E. Ryan, Nash).
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#24 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:56 PM

None of these signings are our job or responsiblity, so there's not much we can do besides support our team. There are plenty of players I don't like and get emotional about, but in the end I will support the Wings team that management puts together for us.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#25 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:12 PM

We should have gone for a much better fighter, and all around player if we are going down the TooToo road

#26 JasonNewEra

JasonNewEra

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:34 PM

The guy has cleaned up his act in recent years and is a solid 3rd or 4th liner. I don't see what the problem is. There are WAY to many flaky Wing fans on here, if you don't like the signing this much then take a hike. I hate bandwagoners more than players. The only guy I really can't stand is Crosby and I'd take him in a second!

12412215175_9591987538_o.jpg