• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MrBest7

Wings may trade Johan Franzen for Rick Nash?

Rate this topic

BUT do we really like that idea of giving up a player like Filppula who is a pretty rare two-way talent in his own right, as well as other roster players and great prospects we've groomed ourselves, AND 1st round picks? Columbus has already said it would take a bombshell of a deal for them to trade to the Wings.

Absolutely. We've demonstrated year after year that 1st round picks don't really mean anything us. We get quality players in every round of the draft. Losing Filppula and probably Franzen too, would be tough, but you're getting Rick Nash here. A young goal scoring power forward that can put up 40-50 goals easily with Datsyuk or Zetterberg. You know what they say, you've got to break a few eggs to make an omelet. As I've mentioned in other posts, acquiring Nash would like when we acquired Brendan Shanahan. We gave up Keith Primeau and Paul Coffey, a couple of important parts to their success back in those days, but it wasn't enough to win them a championship. Shanny put them over the top.

This just in, I'm trading a 1999 Honda Civic in for a brand new Buggati Veyron...

If Kenny was stocking up on forwards now in anticipation of a trade, I think the chances are it's for Bobby Ryan instead of Nash. The last speculation I saw was that C'Bus was asking for 1 top 6 forward, 2 top 6 d-men, 1 top prospect, & multiple #1 draft picks. I think it's doubtful that C'Bus's asking price will drop significantly after Parise signs somewhere. Personally, I would prefer that Kenny puts a package together to go after Keith Yandle but I don't see Phoenix taking on a contract like Frazen's (if he were to be included) unless their ownership situation is taken care of.

Guest Heaten

This was talked about on TSN by the analysis.. but there's no merit to this "rumor".

wish i could i neg the fook outta this topic

All indications are pointing to Parise going to Pittsburgh or Philly. The Red Wings will then sign Ryan Suter and trade Johan Franzen for Rick Nash.

However, there is a possibility the Wings could get Parise, Suter and Nash. Parise and Nash are both left wing. The Wings are thin at left wing.

WILL sign Suter AND trade Franzen for Nash

thin at left wing? didn't you bring this up yesterday in a thread you started about it and in the live chat? and didn't everyone explain to you that half our RW's can play LW wing too? Sure they might prefer to play RW, but then again I'd PREFER not to read poor topics like this....but i do anyway lol

Edited by number9

This trade only makes sense! We currently have six right wingers, which makes left wing very thin. I'm predicting we trade one of our right wingers for a left winger. The only trade which makes sense is Franzen for Nash. Their similar in size and scoring. Nash is 5 years younger and gets paid about $3 million more. The likelihood of this happening is very possible if Parise signs elsewhere.

WILL sign Suter AND trade Franzen for Nash?

thin at left wing?

Your content with a good portion of the team playing out of position? I don't think Holland thinks that way. Reading between the lines, we're positioning ourselves to trade for LW Nash if LW Parise signs elsewhere. There is nothing "rumor" about this, the facts say we have too many people playing out of position. All indications say a trade is coming if Parise signs somewhere else.

How about next time you lead with this link... and post it in the topic that has already been created for Rick Nash trade rumors... This garbage headline is nothing but your opinion and not a rumor anywhere out there. If you have proof, post it, otherwise - keep it as an idea and not a rumor.

This garbage headline is nothing but your opinion and not a rumor anywhere out there. If you have proof, post it, otherwise - keep it as an idea and not a rumor.

Read between the lines Swede... if Parise doesn't sign with us a right winger will be traded.

Read between the lines Swede... if Parise doesn't sign with us a right winger will be traded.

Incorrect... your thread headline reads like it is a legit rumor, where instead it is the musings of a fan, with wishful thoughts. Not saying this isn't possible, but the phrase, "likely" is far from true at this point in time. Again, if you have a legit source other than your brain, post it, otherwise, keep it in general discussion under the much earlier created Nash thread.

Sounds like our chances of landing Nash are slim to none.... I think we're actually going for Ryan or another mystery winger...

All indications are pointing to Parise going to Pittsburgh or Philly. The Red Wings will then sign Ryan Suter and trade Johan Franzen for Rick Nash.

However, there is a possibility the Wings could get Parise, Suter and Nash. Parise and Nash are both left wing. The Wings are thin at left wing.

This is literally the dumbest post I've seen on these forums in my short time here. First off... Trade Johan Franzen and WHO ELSE (this is whats required according to Scott Howson:

top-line forward, two top-six defensemen, two top prospects

and

multiple first-round picks).

Second, there is NO possibility we get all three. Ludicrous! This isn't even a rumour its a fart in the wind.

Eklund?

This is literally the dumbest post I've seen on these forums in my short time here. First off... Trade Johan Franzen and WHO ELSE (this is whats required according to Scott Howson:

top-line forward, two top-six defensemen, two top prospects

and

multiple first-round picks).

Second, there is NO possibility we get all three. Ludicrous! This isn't even a rumour its a fart in the wind.

:lol: No one in the league will pay that price for Nash's bloated contract. Nash produced the same points per game as Franzen last year but was among the top 10 forwards in cap hit.

There's a reason why Nash has been sitting on the block for so long... the seller is asking for a lot more than any of the buyers are willing to pay. I expect that when Nash is finally traded he won't get nearly what the Jackets were rumoured to be asking. The other option is that Howson is smart and he's waiting until the big free agents are signed and the GMs left without a dance partner get itchy to make a move.

Absolutely. We've demonstrated year after year that 1st round picks don't really mean anything us. We get quality players in every round of the draft. Losing Filppula and probably Franzen too, would be tough, but you're getting Rick Nash here. A young goal scoring power forward that can put up 40-50 goals easily with Datsyuk or Zetterberg. You know what they say, you've got to break a few eggs to make an omelet. As I've mentioned in other posts, acquiring Nash would like when we acquired Brendan Shanahan. We gave up Keith Primeau and Paul Coffey, a couple of important parts to their success back in those days, but it wasn't enough to win them a championship. Shanny put them over the top.

I agree completely. We would definately loose Filipula, Nyquist (over Smith), Tatar or Janrok, Oulette or Sproul, and likely Franzen.

5 players for Nash - Filpula, Nyquist, Tatar, Oulette, Franzen (best case scenario IMO)

The way I look at it, Nash is Franzen at his best, and consistent - so his loss would be a wash. I really like the potential of Tatar and Nyquist and Janrok, but they're still unproven. I would shudder to give up Oulette or Sproul, but they're years away from an impact and there's time to restock/reload.

Filipula would be the only player that we could not replace immediately. D and Z would have to play on separate lines, and we would have to bring in an additional scoring winger to play in the top 6 (Parise, Semin Ryan - although we would have no tradeables)

In the end, I think if we can bring in Semin or Parise or another top 6 i'm too tired to think of, I think Nash makes us favorites - regardless of what goes down in Pitts.

I agree completely. We would definately loose Filipula, Nyquist (over Smith), Tatar or Janrok, Oulette or Sproul, and likely Franzen.

5 players for Nash - Filpula, Nyquist, Tatar, Oulette, Franzen (best case scenario IMO)

The way I look at it, Nash is Franzen at his best, and consistent - so his loss would be a wash. I really like the potential of Tatar and Nyquist and Janrok, but they're still unproven. I would shudder to give up Oulette or Sproul, but they're years away from an impact and there's time to restock/reload.

Filipula would be the only player that we could not replace immediately. D and Z would have to play on separate lines, and we would have to bring in an additional scoring winger to play in the top 6 (Parise, Semin Ryan - although we would have no tradeables)

In the end, I think if we can bring in Semin or Parise or another top 6 i'm too tired to think of, I think Nash makes us favorites - regardless of what goes down in Pitts.

Kenny would nottt give up that much for Nash. He'd go with plan C or D before that (assuming Nash is a part of plan B ha) but yea idk Nash might be hard to get but eventually his asking price might come down. Especially if he starts the season in CBJ pissed off and doesn't play hard for them..

Giving so much in return of Nash... is it worth it? I'm not sure at all. But, definately, I'd love to see him playing for RW)))

Edited by BillyMMG

Kenny would nottt give up that much for Nash. He'd go with plan C or D before that (assuming Nash is a part of plan B ha) but yea idk Nash might be hard to get but eventually his asking price might come down. Especially if he starts the season in CBJ pissed off and doesn't play hard for them..

It is ridiculous, but,IMO, that is what it would take to get him here. I would consider paying it too, especially since it could land us Weber the following season.

It is ridiculous, but,IMO, that is what it would take to get him here. I would consider paying it too, especially since it could land us Weber the following season.

Take franzen or Filp out and maybe. I'd rather not lose nyq tho.. Kids gunna be good. But I think weber goes to whoever gets suter.. He's making it seem that way anyway. Assuming whoever gets suter can afford weber next year which is something suter is probably considering when he picks a team..

The way I see it Nash has three choices. 1. Patch it up & stay with the BJ's. 2. Just wait for the deal Howson makes, 3. Nash & his agent can make sure that every other agent, owner and player see's why he thinks Howson is being unreasonable and reckless with the assets he is charged with & give every player and every owner a clear set of reasons wht Howson is incompetant and shouldn't be trusted by other players, owners or agents. Anything I could do to minimize his opportunity to get another GM job. I would do 3, even though Howson is doing a good job of shooting himself in the foot on his own. At least he wayyyyyy overpayed for Wiznewski.