Photo
* * - - - 3 votes

Wings may trade Johan Franzen for Rick Nash?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:30 AM

All indications are pointing to Parise going to Pittsburgh or Philly. The Red Wings will then sign Ryan Suter and trade Johan Franzen for Rick Nash.

However, there is a possibility the Wings could get Parise, Suter and Nash. Parise and Nash are both left wing. The Wings are thin at left wing.

Eklund?

This is literally the dumbest post I've seen on these forums in my short time here. First off... Trade Johan Franzen and WHO ELSE (this is whats required according to Scott Howson:

top-line forward, two top-six defensemen, two top prospects

and

multiple first-round picks).

Second, there is NO possibility we get all three. Ludicrous! This isn't even a rumour its a fart in the wind.

:lol: No one in the league will pay that price for Nash's bloated contract. Nash produced the same points per game as Franzen last year but was among the top 10 forwards in cap hit.

There's a reason why Nash has been sitting on the block for so long... the seller is asking for a lot more than any of the buyers are willing to pay. I expect that when Nash is finally traded he won't get nearly what the Jackets were rumoured to be asking. The other option is that Howson is smart and he's waiting until the big free agents are signed and the GMs left without a dance partner get itchy to make a move.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#42 Ozzie30

Ozzie30

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:11 PM

Absolutely. We've demonstrated year after year that 1st round picks don't really mean anything us. We get quality players in every round of the draft. Losing Filppula and probably Franzen too, would be tough, but you're getting Rick Nash here. A young goal scoring power forward that can put up 40-50 goals easily with Datsyuk or Zetterberg. You know what they say, you've got to break a few eggs to make an omelet. As I've mentioned in other posts, acquiring Nash would like when we acquired Brendan Shanahan. We gave up Keith Primeau and Paul Coffey, a couple of important parts to their success back in those days, but it wasn't enough to win them a championship. Shanny put them over the top.

I agree completely. We would definately loose Filipula, Nyquist (over Smith), Tatar or Janrok, Oulette or Sproul, and likely Franzen.
5 players for Nash - Filpula, Nyquist, Tatar, Oulette, Franzen (best case scenario IMO)
The way I look at it, Nash is Franzen at his best, and consistent - so his loss would be a wash. I really like the potential of Tatar and Nyquist and Janrok, but they're still unproven. I would shudder to give up Oulette or Sproul, but they're years away from an impact and there's time to restock/reload.
Filipula would be the only player that we could not replace immediately. D and Z would have to play on separate lines, and we would have to bring in an additional scoring winger to play in the top 6 (Parise, Semin Ryan - although we would have no tradeables)

In the end, I think if we can bring in Semin or Parise or another top 6 i'm too tired to think of, I think Nash makes us favorites - regardless of what goes down in Pitts.
RIP #24

#43 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:19 AM

I agree completely. We would definately loose Filipula, Nyquist (over Smith), Tatar or Janrok, Oulette or Sproul, and likely Franzen.
5 players for Nash - Filpula, Nyquist, Tatar, Oulette, Franzen (best case scenario IMO)
The way I look at it, Nash is Franzen at his best, and consistent - so his loss would be a wash. I really like the potential of Tatar and Nyquist and Janrok, but they're still unproven. I would shudder to give up Oulette or Sproul, but they're years away from an impact and there's time to restock/reload.
Filipula would be the only player that we could not replace immediately. D and Z would have to play on separate lines, and we would have to bring in an additional scoring winger to play in the top 6 (Parise, Semin Ryan - although we would have no tradeables)

In the end, I think if we can bring in Semin or Parise or another top 6 i'm too tired to think of, I think Nash makes us favorites - regardless of what goes down in Pitts.

Kenny would nottt give up that much for Nash. He'd go with plan C or D before that (assuming Nash is a part of plan B ha) but yea idk Nash might be hard to get but eventually his asking price might come down. Especially if he starts the season in CBJ pissed off and doesn't play hard for them..

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#44 BillyMMG

BillyMMG

Draftee

• 7 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:59 AM

Giving so much in return of Nash... is it worth it? I'm not sure at all. But, definately, I'd love to see him playing for RW)))

Edited by BillyMMG, 03 July 2012 - 07:00 AM.

#45 Ozzie30

Ozzie30

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:06 AM

Kenny would nottt give up that much for Nash. He'd go with plan C or D before that (assuming Nash is a part of plan B ha) but yea idk Nash might be hard to get but eventually his asking price might come down. Especially if he starts the season in CBJ pissed off and doesn't play hard for them..

It is ridiculous, but,IMO, that is what it would take to get him here. I would consider paying it too, especially since it could land us Weber the following season.
RIP #24

#46 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:34 AM

It is ridiculous, but,IMO, that is what it would take to get him here. I would consider paying it too, especially since it could land us Weber the following season.

Take franzen or Filp out and maybe. I'd rather not lose nyq tho.. Kids gunna be good. But I think weber goes to whoever gets suter.. He's making it seem that way anyway. Assuming whoever gets suter can afford weber next year which is something suter is probably considering when he picks a team..

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#47 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:13 PM

Giving so much in return of Nash... is it worth it? I'm not sure at all.

How much? According to the OP, we'll just trade them Frazen for Nash straight up and the Jackets will just be hunky dory with that.

#48 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:52 PM

I want to hear how good the conversation goes between nash and howson when scott tries to reconcile and have nash stay in columbus.

#49 pondrocket

pondrocket

Rookie

• Pip
  • 195 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:54 PM

The way I see it Nash has three choices. 1. Patch it up & stay with the BJ's. 2. Just wait for the deal Howson makes, 3. Nash & his agent can make sure that every other agent, owner and player see's why he thinks Howson is being unreasonable and reckless with the assets he is charged with & give every player and every owner a clear set of reasons wht Howson is incompetant and shouldn't be trusted by other players, owners or agents. Anything I could do to minimize his opportunity to get another GM job. I would do 3, even though Howson is doing a good job of shooting himself in the foot on his own. At least he wayyyyyy overpayed for Wiznewski.