• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dominator2005

Parise Watch [update x2]: Red Wings OUT of Running

Rate this topic

I will say that a few people here were correct. If the Pens do get Parise, they will have 3 stud forwards with a D core that only has Letang. It will be interesting to see how this plays out, but I am just saying that if Parise is choosing between a Cup winning team or not, Minnesota is going to be out.

Now I'm seeing a few tweets mention that Parise may indeed be staying in NJ...

Nick Cotsonika @

Reading all the tweets about there being a good chance Parise stays in Jersey. Sure sounded like it when he spoke to reporters last night.

Andy Strickland @ 10:34am (CST)

Devils still very much in on Parise

where is all this LOVE for parise is coning from? He is not like the second coming of Brendan Shahahan (for Detroit).

Solid two-way game. Hard, aggressive forecheck. Fast. Young. Captain. 30 goals on the offensively-challenged Devils; could hit 40 flanking Datsyuk. Gives his all on every shift of every game. He's like Helm with a scoring touch.

I agree that some of the numbers from yesterday were reaching ridiculous levels. But the guy's a stud, and he'd provide some things we're sorely lacking in our top-6, no questions asked.

Infinitely better than Semin.

Chicago Major Player in Parise Sweeps. (E4)newicon.gif

"from an outstanding source. not saying it'll happen, but they are in."

- Eklund

Comments [0] | Chicago Blackhawks Payroll

LOL man eklund is always good for a laugh , not saying itll happen but they are in hahahaha

hey guys i just heard from a great source ! columbus blue jackets are in on parise !!! not saying itll happen though but they are in !

hahahaha

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger

To trade Bobby Ryan, the Ducks want a few pieces, including a 2nd line center.

i guess forget the bobby ryan suggestion unless we actually give away filppula which i doubt we'd do and even then i doubt itll be enough for them

we might have to take risks and trade for guys like chris stewart (which would require a 3rd team) who underachieved but have potential to rebound

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger

To trade Bobby Ryan, the Ducks want a few pieces, including a 2nd line center.

i guess forget the bobby ryan suggestion unless we actually give away filppula which i doubt we'd do and even then i doubt itll be enough for them

we might have to take risks and trade for guys like chris stewart (which would require a 3rd team) who underachieved but have potential to rebound

Why wouldn't we trade Filpulla for Ryan ... Ryan > Filppula it's a automatic upgrade for a player. Filppula has nothing more to offer us then what we've all ready seen from him. Trade him, pick up Doan and Suter and end of story!

I just read on Twitter from multiple sources that Philly put in the biggest offers on both the big names so if it is strictly about money they will both be in the orange and black.

Philly has 3 big RFA forwards who will have to be signed in the summer of 2014. Giroux, Schenn and Couturier are only signed until next season and will be in line for big raises.

Voracek is an RFA this summer while Hartnel and Timmonen are UFAs next summer.

And to top it off they can't get rid of Pronger's massive contract (ends in the summer of 2017) because he signed after his 35th birthday and all signs are pointing towards his retirement.

Oh, and we have no idea what the cap will be when the new CBA is signed this summer/fall. The moment that CBA is signed the cap will likely fall (it's already climbed so high that the minimum cap number is now higher than the post-lockout maximum). The real shame is that the Blackhawks were able to so skillfully dump their terrible signings a few years ago (a lone to a European team here, trade to Florida there and poof their stupid FA choices were erased). GMs no longer seem to worry much about throwing contracts with huge term around. The best solution to this issue is for the minimum cap values to drop significantly so garbage teams don't take terrible contracts in trades just to reach the floor.

Why wouldn't we trade Filpulla for Ryan ... Ryan > Filppula it's a automatic upgrade for a player. Filppula has nothing more to offer us then what we've all ready seen from him. Trade him, pick up Doan and Suter and end of story!

end of story lol ya easier said than done , realistically shane doan will return to phoenix and why give up on filppula when he's finally breaking out? maybe next year he can get 70-80 pts

And like i said i HIGHLY doubt filppula for ryan would get it done , filppula is a ufa next year it would have to be filppula nyquist +

The big problem with that line of reasoning is that we don't have a centre prospect in the AHL that's showing himself to be a lock as an NHL player. The hope is that Jarnkrok is that guy but it's hard to gamble on a kid you haven't even seen play a season in the AHL.

I wouldn't be surprised if Parise signs with the Pens. I'll be saddened but not surprised. "Hey, wanna play on Crosby's wing?" is a pretty strong sales pitch to an elite winger who went to the same hockey prep school as Sid.

Guest Crymson

this is all for show everybody knows after crosby banged parise and his whole family at game 3 of the finals he's going to pittsburgh .... F him

if we get suter trade quincey.abdelkader and unfortunetly nyquist for bobby ryan , hes got a more cap friendly hit than nash and less term

The Ducks want a second-line center and some other pieces in exchange for Ryan.